Agents libres 2017

Re: Agents libres 2017

by LeStaf » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:46 am

idealsheldon wrote:
LeStaf wrote:
Bizarrement, dans le site en français, Jacob Ruby est listé comme jouant la position de "N"?!?!? :?

Nul?

Seriously, we will find out this season if Ruby can be developed as an OT or was a wasted draft pick.

Méchant! :twisted:

Je ne capitulerais pas maintenant au sujet de Ruby. Il peut aussi être essayé comme garde.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by GHT120 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 am

Says they want to start one, maybe two, International OTs.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Obviously if Foucault signs then you could have him at one of the tackle position with Ruby as the sixth dressed linesman. That would give us 8 Canadian Starters and would really make this roster flexible.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Why is there an assumption that Foucault would just step in as an effective starter? He really has very little playing success down south. Most of these guys come back after 3-4 years of non playing time slower and heavier. And with a sense of entitlement to boot.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I'm not making any assumptions. Obviously he would have to win the job like everybody on that roster with few exceptions. Any CFL HC would rather start four Canadian on the offensive line than three.

He is a legitimate prospect, he did start five games on a very good Panthers offensive line. From what I've read, the problem was more cultural and linguistic than anything else. I still wouldn't give him 150k before he's proven he can do the job consistently.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm

Yeah...fair enough.
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 pm

jamie wrote:Why is there an assumption that Foucault would just step in as an effective starter? He really has very little playing success down south. Most of these guys come back after 3-4 years of non playing time slower and heavier. And with a sense of entitlement to boot.

A no basis in fact general statement. Take a look at Derrick Dennis NFL career path. Don`t think he turned out too badly after 3-4 years non playing time in the NFL.
Last edited by idealsheldon on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:40 pm

GHT120 wrote:

Says they want to start one, maybe two, International OTs.

That makes a whole lot more sense. As Hfx said, we dress one international OT and we can start 8 Canadians on the roster, which gives us a lot more flex.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Ideal...yes you are correct. It was too broad a statement. I was thinking about the Canadian player who goes south for 3-4 years of non playing time, changes body shape, changes his game and comes back disappointed feeling like he's a guaranteed starter. But yes too broad a statement.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Also, if you want a recent example, look at Blake. He came straight out of the NFL into a starting position on our line and has never looked out of place.
Hall of Famer

by Niagara Als » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:29 pm

All of you put a good effort into keeping our Forum up to date on the free agent file. I enjoyed these valuable posts and, personally believe our team has been strengthened by all this activity. It appears we will acquire at least one American OT perhaps 2, we have acquired an all star receiver for the long pass game and, now have very good Canadians at DT. I just hope the team brings in several good candidates for the OT position. I believe we will have a contending team this season.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Niagara Als wrote:All of you put a good effort into keeping our Forum up to date on the free agent file. I enjoyed these valuable posts and, personally believe our team has been strengthened by all this activity. It appears we will acquire at least one American OT perhaps 2, we have acquired an all star receiver for the long pass game and, now have very good Canadians at DT. I just hope the team brings in several good candidates for the OT position. I believe we will have a contending team this season.

Your posts always make me smile. This place wouldn't be the same without its Top gentleman.

We know the Smart coaching will be there. We know they have been very careful about only bringing good people in the locker room and let go those they feel are not "helpful" in creating a good place. So far they get a A out of me. We still have to wait to make sure they aren't taking the credit and then once they fed off the good press and accolades they take the ginsu knife to veterans or trade promising young players. But so far so good.
Hall of Famer

by okie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Jacory Harris was not brought in only as another possible backup for Durant. Article here says Kavis Reed believes the team can rely on Harris to play if needed and that he has the potential to be a starter.

«Avec Jacory, nous croyons vraiment avoir un quart-arrière pouvant être le partant, a indiqué Reed. Nous ne l'avons pas embauché simplement pour être un substitut. Il est ici parce qu'on sait qu'on pourra se fier à lui s'il est appelé à jouer.»

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/foo ... 74006.html
All-Star

by idealsheldon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Kavis must really like Harris, bringing him into town to meet the media. Didn`t call him a CEO though.

I hope Kavis is basing his opinion on talent, and not just Harris` character from their time in Edm.

In any case Chapdelaine is a no nonsense guy and he will quickly establish a QB depth chart after mini camp/training camp.
"The road to the truth is always under construction."

Memo to self: Keep it short.....Keep it interesting.....No personal attacks.
All-Star

by disciplineandpunish » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 pm

okie wrote:Jacory Harris was not brought in only as another possible backup for Durant. Article here says Kavis Reed believes the team can rely on Harris to play if needed and that he has the potential to be a starter.

«Avec Jacory, nous croyons vraiment avoir un quart-arrière pouvant être le partant, a indiqué Reed. Nous ne l'avons pas embauché simplement pour être un substitut. Il est ici parce qu'on sait qu'on pourra se fier à lui s'il est appelé à jouer.»

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/foo ... 74006.html

I put zero stock in that. It's what every coach says about every young QB he brings on to the roster.
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext