Are you an X or an O?

X
75%
O
25%

Total votes : 36

Re: RE: What are you?

by ro1313 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:00 pm

K-KBBAP wrote: and get as many yards as he can until he gets taken down.

WOW. Maybe you should send this to the teams!
Hall of Famer

RE: Re: RE: What are you?

by mongo118_1_5 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:33 pm

Or he can always raid the press box and steal the plays like the Als allegedly did last season. :lol:
My muse wears a helmet and pads.
All-Star

by KKBBEPTRBC » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:42 pm

another really stupid play I have is that on a kickoff, the return team house shoe shield's the returner while he makes the yards. problem with that is if the shield goes down or stops, returner has no where to go.

it's like the flying V in Might Ducks.
All-Star

by NovaScotian » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:35 am

hmm.. not even sure which one a kicker/punter classifies as?

although i did have 1 carry for 11 yards off a shanked snap 8)

11 yards per carry average, jeeze, i should be playing pros right now!
Veteran

by billyjimbo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:41 am

U of Miami ran that fumblerooski where the center snaps the ball but never gives it to the QB, he just leaves it on the ground where the tight end picks it up as the O-line makes it look like a sweep. It actually worked but you can't run it twice because the defense has seen it.
Veteran

by billyjimbo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:45 am

I just remembered in highschool a teammate blocked a fieldgoal with his head and the point of the ball wedged into his facemask. He stood there trying to pull it out and got killed by six or seven guys who tackled him. HYSTERICAL!!!
Veteran

Re: RE: What are you?

by Massdestruction » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:14 am

K-KBBAP wrote:ok, but it's very stupid.

My plays goes like this, after the ball is slapped, have three receivers go in one direction, once they get into position, have the QB fake out the D by throwing to a receiver in the other direction or by going pass the line of S either in the same direction as the three receivers or in a different direction and get as many yards as he can until he gets taken down.

I did this in NFL blitz (there, it was called Da Bomb) with some success, and a few TDs, but it would never work in the real game. When I think about it, and ever as I reread it, sounds like a broken play.

Told you it was stupid.

Not stupid at all. _ after you run that play, on next set of downs,run the same play, But have the isolated receiver run a cross or slant to draw the corner. (here is the twist) Have the QB under center, at the snap the QB pump fakes to the strong side, then the FB and RB run to the week side(belly out) as (the isolated receiver crosses the field ) the QB throws a underhand spiral pitch to the RB (QB must practice this tech, D cannot see the ball) who is at full speed hitting the line!. This play went for a 70 yd TD , for a team that did not make a 1st down in 4 games :thup:
All-Star

Re: What are you?

by jordan02 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Sounds like some of the tactics i should be using in Call of Duty. Have half the team run down the right side of the map, the other down the left, and flank em from the sides!

And im sure all of you are wondering what the hell im talking about :D
All-Star

by Jakob7 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm

a play i ran with a peewee team i coached was to have the qb under center and during the cadence have a SB scrape the line behind him, after running a few normal i form runs with this we had the center snap the ball between the legs of the qb to the sb and the qb, fb, and rb all faked that same run while the sb ran for 60 yards untouched to the endzone lol the other team was not happy :D
"caps lock = cruise control for cool" ~ Grims
Veteran

by Paolo X » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Jakob7 wrote:a play i ran with a peewee team i coached was to have the qb under center and during the cadence have a SB scrape the line behind him, after running a few normal i form runs with this we had the center snap the ball between the legs of the qb to the sb and the qb, fb, and rb all faked that same run while the sb ran for 60 yards untouched to the endzone lol the other team was not happy :D

Awesome play! Wish you had it on tape too!

This is even better than a similar play I saw once on a fake field goal in a game between Florida State and Michigan in the early 1990s.

How long did you guys have to practise that one, as at any level that is one that is easy to screw up!
All-Star

by Jakob7 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:03 pm

a lot lol we started working on it in spring camp and didnt really run it until we were well into the season, helped us win the league game tho in the 4th quarter. i will say right now i was very impressed wtih the kids as they were ages 10 to 12, a hard game to pick up at that age but they did awsome lol. but you are right VERY risky play haha could very well go the other way for 6 if messed up lol
"caps lock = cruise control for cool" ~ Grims
Veteran

Previous