I have a great Idea for a defensive formation.

Discussion of technique and strategy.

I have a great Idea for a defensive formation.

by Thryllin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:27 am

Okay lets say the home team is leading by 4 with 40 seconds left in the game. The visiting team has just marched down the field and is at the 30 some yard line. It happens to be 3rd and ten.

Now, this is the tricky part. The home team makes sure their safeties are NOT in position to stop any pass going for the endzone (Seems strange i know). But in order for this to work the safety must be 10 yards shy of the endzone.

The visiting team then has their most experienced receiver run straight at the safety (remember he is NOT in position to stop any pass to the endzone). The safety then lets the receiver go right past him and into the endzone. Then once the visiting team's QB sees an open receiver in the Endzone, he releases a pass to him.

The safety then tries to catch up knowing full well it is too late so he says to himself, "NO", then hopes Geroy - oops!- then he hopes the most experienced receiver will drop the ball.

It is a long shot but I think that with enough hope and lack of common sense on the part of the safety the receiver just MIGHT drop the easy game winning pass.

So, what do you all think?
All-Star

RE: I have a great Idea for a defensive formation.

by billyjimbo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 am

Humour? Satire? Sour grapes?
Veteran

RE: I have a great Idea for a defensive formation.

by Thryllin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 pm

No. Not sure. Probably.
All-Star