Fake QB Kneel

Discussion of technique and strategy.

Fake QB Kneel

by RiderzFan2006 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:01 pm

Why dont teams do fake QB Kneels? Like all the Defence is just standing around you would easily get a TD if you throught the ball to someone coming out of the Backfield or something.
Go Riders Go!
Starter

RE: Fake QB Kneel

by Steveemac » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:03 pm

When a team takes the "Victory Formation," it is generally acknowledged -by both teams- that the game is in the bag; doing this at the end of the game would be unsportsmanlike...but doing it right before halftime would be pretty cool; I think I've seen it once or twice. The only thing is, you'll only get away with it once every 9 years or so-after the 1st time, they'll be watching...
I am honored to be my kids dad!
Starter

Re: RE: Fake QB Kneel

by dss-qb » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:07 am

Steveemac wrote:When a team takes the "Victory Formation," it is generally acknowledged -by both teams- that the game is in the bag; doing this at the end of the game would be unsportsmanlike...but doing it right before halftime would be pretty cool; I think I've seen it once or twice. The only thing is, you'll only get away with it once every 9 years or so-after the 1st time, they'll be watching...

the refs blow the play dead if you do anything other then kneel..providing you tell them your going to kneel. i dont recommend kneeling without telling them, get kneed in the face by a DT
Rookie

RE: Re: RE: Fake QB Kneel

by CanucKev » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Yeah, it would be pretty unsportsmanlike. Also, the D tends to be pretty much right on top of the QB if he doesn't kneel right away - so I think aborting would end badly.
I support the Ti-cats...good riddance to the city of Hamilton. I hope they never get an NHL team.
All-Star

by gyro » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:26 am

The bombers qualify as unsportsmanlike
eye candy is calorie free
Rookie

by BobbyP » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:02 pm

I remember that Roy Dewalt did that once when he played for the Lions they scored a touchdown I cant remember who they were playing
Celebrating 5 Grey Cup Championships since 1954
Lions Forever Forever Lions
All-Star

by coachlouis » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:52 pm

if you get away with it on that play. trust me that the next game you would see a few time the QB with his face in the turf, mind you defense with get some flags for it.. as a defense coach i would take the penalty anytime and make him pay for it
Practice Squad

by Thryllin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:04 am

I think I heard a story on the Drew Remenda sports show about the Huskies doing it in a game of CIS ball. They were leading when they did and they did it to their rivals (I think)and there was some major heat and unsportsmanlike talk going around.afterwards.
All-Star

by ro1313 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:41 pm

Why would you even bother.

When you take a knee, there are only seconds in the game and you are ahead.
Hall of Famer

by Sportsmen » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:10 pm

Exactly, pretty classless.

I don't remember the Dewalt incident....I must have been in a coma...
Hall of Famer

by BobbyP » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:48 am

It was just before halftime I think it might have been against Saskatchewan. not sure.
Celebrating 5 Grey Cup Championships since 1954
Lions Forever Forever Lions
All-Star

Re: Fake QB Kneel

by Chappy2 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:44 pm

I remember that fake kneel and then throw for the TD...it was a totally asinine and unsportsmanlike play.

In fact now the ref's can be heard "asking" the team if they're kneeling on the play, and you can hear them calling over to all the players that they intend too kneel and kill the play. I think (i'm not positive but I believe this too be a rule now) that once the ref's get confirmation from a team that they intend to kneel, if they try any other play it would be blown dead.
Rookie

Re: Fake QB Kneel

by Jakob7 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:24 am

i would have no respect for a team that would attempt this play...but ya the d doesnt stand around these days they come as if you are running a play but only engage and watch...especially in the cfl where qbs wait till they want to take a knee...
"caps lock = cruise control for cool" ~ Grims
Veteran