If You Are Against More Development Of Canadian QBs

If You Are Against More Development Of Canadian QBs

by Paolo X » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:33 pm

...consider this long list of names now in the NFL who have been, are, or will be absolutely terrible though they are probably all kind of wealthy by now one would think lest they blew it all already ...most shined at the amateur level and were stars at whatever high school but are not even close to solid backup material in the NFL and many are just playing due to the critical shortage.

In fact I'd put Anthony Calvillo or Ricky Ray (yes I know they are my fellow countrymen, and Ray I mean with the same quality receivers as Calvillo) over all of these, and throw Jyles and McPherson into contention.

All of those guys are good enough to make the NFL I guess out of all the hyped names bygone otherwise, but I don't hold my breath for any of these guys.

There has to be a young player somewhere in Canada who can be better than Jesse Palmer was at Florida, which apparently was not good enough to be decent NFL or CFL material.

The list below includes some has-beens or never-was's still around only because the talent shortage is so bad. I've added some (censored) nicknames to a few of them.

For a few of these the average American fan would think, "Who?" once announced onto the field.

I leave out the ones who have been cut already, but go figure there are this many bad QBs still in the league and Lord help the team who taked any of these but then again who else is out there?

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?categ ... erence=ALL

To be fair I would have had Charlie Batch on this list before the season started, but hey look how he worked out for the first four games!

John B---- Beck

Kellen C'Mon Clemens

Todd Cocktail Collins

Brodie Crap Croyle

AJ Icky Feeley

Rex Gag Grossman

Caleb Shillelagh Hanie

Matt Leinart

Colt S--- McCoy

Dan Ouch Orlovsky

J.T. O'Sullivan

Brady Quinn

Patrick Ramsey

Sage Rosenfels

Troy Slappy Smith

Tyler Thigpen

Billy Volek

Charlie Whitehurst

John Parker Jacka-- Bojack Wilson
All-Star

Re: If You Are Against More Development Of Canadian QBs

by ohiofootball » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Paolo X wrote:...consider this long list of names now in the NFL who have been, are, or will be absolutely terrible though they are probably all kind of wealthy by now one would think lest they blew it all already ...most shined at the amateur level and were stars at whatever high school but are not even close to solid backup material in the NFL and many are just playing due to the critical shortage.

In fact I'd put Anthony Calvillo or Ricky Ray (yes I know they are my fellow countrymen, and Ray I mean with the same quality receivers as Calvillo) over all of these, and throw Jyles and McPherson into contention.

All of those guys are good enough to make the NFL I guess out of all the hyped names bygone otherwise, but I don't hold my breath for any of these guys.

There has to be a young player somewhere in Canada who can be better than Jesse Palmer was at Florida, which apparently was not good enough to be decent NFL or CFL material.

The list below includes some has-beens or never-was's still around only because the talent shortage is so bad. I've added some (censored) nicknames to a few of them.

For a few of these the average American fan would think, "Who?" once announced onto the field.

I leave out the ones who have been cut already, but go figure there are this many bad QBs still in the league and Lord help the team who taked any of these but then again who else is out there?

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?categ ... erence=ALL

To be fair I would have had Charlie Batch on this list before the season started, but hey look how he worked out for the first four games!

John B---- Beck

Kellen C'Mon Clemens

Todd Cocktail Collins

Brodie Crap Croyle

AJ Icky Feeley

Rex Gag Grossman

Caleb Shillelagh Hanie

Matt Leinart

Colt S--- McCoy

Dan Ouch Orlovsky

J.T. O'Sullivan

Brady Quinn

Patrick Ramsey

Sage Rosenfels

Troy Slappy Smith

Tyler Thigpen

Billy Volek

Charlie Whitehurst

John Parker Jacka-- Bojack Wilson

Man any Canadian kid who wants to play QB should go play college ball in the Ncaa.If he can play 1-AA or D1 it would be better than playing in the CIS....A kid playing on the bench @ a Ohio State or A Alabama would be more prepared than playing in the CIS.
Rookie

by jman_135 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Man I think Troy Smith is decent
All-Star

by Massdestruction » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:39 am

More untruths about Palmer :roll:

Facts- The guy got shafted at Florida, again In N.Y. and by the time he signed to a CFL T.C. He didn't need the 80 K.

If the CFL stays on course and tweaks the rules to allow for a "developing non import QB,. then we will see 2 or 3 starters by 2015.
C.I.S is underrated, because of American bias and ignorance, sorry to say.
The top 10 C.I.S programs are comparable with U.S schools I E- Western recently crushed York
http://boxscorenews.com/cis-football-sc ... 39-135.htm
All-Star

by PiCat » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Massdestruction wrote:The top 10 C.I.S programs are comparable with U.S schools I E- Western recently crushed York

Such events mean nothing. If you want to compare CIS programs with NCAA programs, you need to have games between teams from both programs.
Willie, the Canadians are over-stimulated. Remove all the tasty cheese from the grocery stores.
All-Star

by Massdestruction » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:19 pm

PiCat wrote:
Massdestruction wrote:The top 10 C.I.S programs are comparable with U.S schools I E- Western recently crushed York

Such events mean nothing. If you want to compare CIS programs with NCAA programs, you need to have games between teams from both programs.

That would be awsome, But The NCAA boy's think they are to good for us.
All-Star

by ohiofootball » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:01 am

Man are you serious?I'm not bashing CIS football but I dont even think the CFL would tweek rule too get a start QB.Really football in america is how hockey is too canada.I dont think you need a rule too make a starter just be a good enough on the filed.I think Eric Glavic would did better in a Ncaa program than in the cis.I think his skill set you of been develop alot there
Rookie

by Paolo X » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:06 pm

I'd love to see an NCAA team ranked 20th or so play the CIS champion, but the real problem is whose rules would you use for the game? I wouldn't think you could get some agreement on that matter alone.

That makes this debate that creeped into this thread largely irrelevant with the flag-waving that does not belong in it on top of it all showing up again too. :thdn:
All-Star

by ohiofootball » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:07 pm

THE CIS CHAMPION WOULD GET BLOWN OUT BY ANYBODY IN THE TOP 25 AND MAYBE DIVISION 1?REALLY THE CIS LACKS VERY GOOD SKILLED PLAYERS TO COMPETE WITH ANY TOP 25 DIVISION TEAMS...IF THIS WAS A CIS HOCKEY PROGRAM IT WOULD BE THE OTHERWAYS AROUND...THE CIS CANT PRODUCE A STARTING PRO IN THE CFL...I THINK THE CIS IS MORE DIVISION 3 THAN ANYTHING ELSE
Rookie

by ohiofootball » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Paolo X wrote:I'd love to see an NCAA team ranked 20th or so play the CIS champion, but the real problem is whose rules would you use for the game? I wouldn't think you could get some agreement on that matter alone.

That makes this debate that creeped into this thread largely irrelevant with the flag-waving that does not belong in it on top of it all showing up again too. :thdn:

YOU DOUBT YOURSELF PABLO BECAUSE WHY WOULD THE NUMBER 1 CIS TEAM PLAY THE 20TH RANKED TEAM?SHOULDNT THEY PLAY THE NUMBER 1 TEAM?
Rookie

by Paolo X » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:24 pm

ohiofootball wrote:
Paolo X wrote:I'd love to see an NCAA team ranked 20th or so play the CIS champion, but the real problem is whose rules would you use for the game? I wouldn't think you could get some agreement on that matter alone.

YOU DOUBT YOURSELF PABLO BECAUSE WHY WOULD THE NUMBER 1 CIS TEAM PLAY THE 20TH RANKED TEAM?SHOULDNT THEY PLAY THE NUMBER 1 TEAM?

Not arguing with you dude ...settle down ...by any of say the teams above 20 they'd get killed. Also it depends on the style of offence of the college team, as ideally you would want a match-up involving an NCAA passing team.

A case in point of a team in the NCAA that would kill anything CIS IMHO is even the unranked US Naval Academy, who are damn good with the rush and make very, very few mistakes (military discipline you know). That would not be a good matchup to watch anyway. Now perhaps the Army on the other hand can play a CIS champ and have their hands full? :lol:
All-Star

by Massdestruction » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:47 pm

ohiofootball wrote:Man are you serious?I'm not bashing CIS football but I dont even think the CFL would tweek rule too get a start QB.Really football in america is how hockey is too canada.I dont think you need a rule too make a starter just be a good enough on the filed.I think Eric Glavic would did better in a Ncaa program than in the cis.I think his skill set you of been develop alot there

Just to inform you , the CFL had a split with the CIS(look up old title) 60 odd years ago, bitter relations only changed about a decade ago, CFL has failed in its management and player developement terribly .This prior to the present era.

Progress is being made in the developement of Canadian QB,s. :thup: :cowboy:

Army vs Navy- great game- terrible football :twisted:
All-Star

by jman_135 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Yay Troy Smith is starting this weekend.
All-Star

by jman_135 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:02 pm

This is true if it was Canadian rules, it would be very interesting to watch.
All-Star

by ohiofootball » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:23 am

RULES DONR MEAN ANYTHING....
Rookie

Next