2026 World Cup joint USA/Mexico/Canada bid

Re: 2026 World Cup joint USA/Mexico/Canada bid

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Aerial wrote:Well I never believed Patrick was that daft to actually believe this was anything about an NFL stadium or team in Toronto. Yes, just a sh...t disturber, in a good and fun way, who likes to rackle the chains of people here. And I'll admit, he does an excellent job of this quite often. Sorta like Feschuk at The Star: :wink:

World Cup soccer in Canada might be just the start: Feschuk

North American joint bid for 2026 men’s World Cup could spark interest in building mega-stadium in Toronto, the kind you host an Olympics around....

It certainly has exponentially more cache than, say, the 2015 Pan Am Games. And think about it: The Hamilton Tiger-Cats managed to wrangle themselves a new stadium worth about $140-some million by tying construction to a modest schedule of Pan Am soccer matches. The FIFA World Cup is the world’s biggest sporting event. So scale your ambitions accordingly. Certainly the folks who’ve long pined for Toronto to become home to an NFL team could dream about the synergies.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2 ... schuk.html

I saw that, too. Feschuk doesn't even believe his own argument.
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:10 am

I noticed that too Kevin that he basically made fun of his own argument, as you say. :)
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Aerial wrote:I noticed that too Kevin that he basically made fun of his own argument, as you say. :)

It was a half-@ssed attempt. Perhaps his editor told him to write the article.

Again, I wrote the PM and Primier and said, `NO money for NEW stadiums` - leaving out the part about `unless it is for the Stamps or Als`.

;)
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 pm

I told you the World Cup bid would resurrect NFL stadium talk in TO. That is all I predicted. I didn't ever say anything about the likelihood of that talk turning into anything real. :P
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:34 am

TravelPat1 wrote:I told you the World Cup bid would resurrect NFL stadium talk in TO. That is all I predicted. I didn't ever say anything about the likelihood of that talk turning into anything real. :P

Why does making trouble give you pleasure, Patrick? :(
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:36 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:I told you the World Cup bid would resurrect NFL stadium talk in TO. That is all I predicted. I didn't ever say anything about the likelihood of that talk turning into anything real. :P

Predicting something that came true is 'causing trouble? Interesting concept.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:42 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

Predicting something that came true is 'causing trouble? Interesting concept.

:)
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Patrick loves being the devil advocate on issues, like NFL talk in Toronto on a CFL forum. It's makes his innards come alive. :D
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Aerial wrote:Patrick loves being the devil advocate on issues, like NFL talk in Toronto on a CFL forum. It's makes his innards come alive. :D

I've noticed. ;)
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by Mightygoose » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Aerial wrote:Patrick loves being the devil advocate on issues, like NFL talk in Toronto on a CFL forum. It's makes his innards come alive. :D

And it's more than welcome to discuss. We just like to reinforce reality to the conversation 8)
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Mightygoose wrote:

And it's more than welcome to discuss. We just like to reinforce reality to the conversation 8)

Canada gets 10 games and we will spend billions on stadiums for this?

Also Toronto cannot have any games featuring Canada as no one will go to those games in that city
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Argofan_1000 wrote:
Mightygoose wrote:

Canada gets 10 games and we will spend billions on stadiums for this?

Also Toronto cannot have any games featuring Canada as no one will go to those games in that city

:thup:
All-Star

Previous