Blue Jays and MLB 2017

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by rcon » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:02 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Jays lost, again. :thup:

1 and 8.

That's a shame. :lol:


And the loses keep piling up! :rockin:
All-Star
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:15 am

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 pm

rcon wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Jays lost, again. :thup:

1 and 8.

That's a shame. :lol:


And the losses keep piling up! :rockin:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team/owner/fan base.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by TravelPat1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Plus on the ONLY RBI the team has had in the last 22 innings at home - Donaldson re-injured himself.

This is getting really ugly - really fast.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:41 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Plus on the ONLY RBI the team has had in the last 22 innings at home - Donaldson re-injured himself.

This is getting really ugly - really fast.

That's a shame.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Jays lose, again!!! WEW HEW!!!!

1 and 9. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team, owner, and fan base. :rockin:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Bad enough the Jays lost. That's minor in the grand scheme of things. I'm a little more concerned about what happened to Dale Scott the umpire - someone I know personally.

Dale is a really nice guy - who I first met through some friends at a Toronto gay bar - eons ago. We would run into him the odd time when he was doing games in Toronto. Then when I was visiting a friend in Phoenix one spring we hung out with Dale who was doing Cactus League spring training games for a few nights when I was there. You won't meet a nicer guy. I was so proud of him when he finally came out a few years ago - even though him being gay was not that much of a secret in the MLB world.

He was kind enough to leave pairs of tickets for me at will call a few times when he was working games in TO when I lived there. So needless to say it was tough to watch him being wheeled off on a stretcher tonight. I hope he is OK.

As for the Jays - they are not OK.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Bad enough the Jays lost. That's minor in the grand scheme of things. I'm a little more concerned about what happened to Dale Scott the umpire - someone I know personally.

Dale is a really nice guy - who I first met through some friends at a Toronto gay bar - eons ago. We would run into him the odd time when he was doing games in Toronto. Then when I was visiting a friend in Phoenix one spring we hung out with Dale who was doing Cactus League spring training games for a few nights when I was there. You won't meet a nicer guy. I was so proud of him when he finally came out a few years ago - even though him being gay was not that much of a secret in the MLB world.

He was kind enough to leave pairs of tickets for me at will call a few times when he was working games in TO when I lived there. So needless to say it was tough to watch him being wheeled off on a stretcher tonight. I hope he is OK.

As for the Jays - they are not OK.


That's a shame, Pat. I just saw a clip of the foul tip that caught him. Takes guts to do that job; I sure wouldn't want to do it. Hope he's all right. :thup:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Bad enough the Jays lost. That's minor in the grand scheme of things. I'm a little more concerned about what happened to Dale Scott the umpire - someone I know personally.

Dale is a really nice guy - who I first met through some friends at a Toronto gay bar - eons ago. We would run into him the odd time when he was doing games in Toronto. Then when I was visiting a friend in Phoenix one spring we hung out with Dale who was doing Cactus League spring training games for a few nights when I was there. You won't meet a nicer guy. I was so proud of him when he finally came out a few years ago - even though him being gay was not that much of a secret in the MLB world.

He was kind enough to leave pairs of tickets for me at will call a few times when he was working games in TO when I lived there. So needless to say it was tough to watch him being wheeled off on a stretcher tonight. I hope he is OK.

As for the Jays - they are not OK.

What happened?
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:53 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Bad enough the Jays lost. That's minor in the grand scheme of things. I'm a little more concerned about what happened to Dale Scott the umpire - someone I know personally.

Dale is a really nice guy - who I first met through some friends at a Toronto gay bar - eons ago. We would run into him the odd time when he was doing games in Toronto. Then when I was visiting a friend in Phoenix one spring we hung out with Dale who was doing Cactus League spring training games for a few nights when I was there. You won't meet a nicer guy. I was so proud of him when he finally came out a few years ago - even though him being gay was not that much of a secret in the MLB world.

He was kind enough to leave pairs of tickets for me at will call a few times when he was working games in TO when I lived there. So needless to say it was tough to watch him being wheeled off on a stretcher tonight. I hope he is OK.

As for the Jays - they are not OK.

What happened?


Got hit by a foul tip, at the lower end of the mask. Looks like he might have suffered a neck injury and/or concussion from it.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Bad enough the Jays lost. That's minor in the grand scheme of things. I'm a little more concerned about what happened to Dale Scott the umpire - someone I know personally.

Dale is a really nice guy - who I first met through some friends at a Toronto gay bar - eons ago. We would run into him the odd time when he was doing games in Toronto. Then when I was visiting a friend in Phoenix one spring we hung out with Dale who was doing Cactus League spring training games for a few nights when I was there. You won't meet a nicer guy. I was so proud of him when he finally came out a few years ago - even though him being gay was not that much of a secret in the MLB world.

He was kind enough to leave pairs of tickets for me at will call a few times when he was working games in TO when I lived there. So needless to say it was tough to watch him being wheeled off on a stretcher tonight. I hope he is OK.

As for the Jays - they are not OK.

What happened?


Got hit by a foul tip, at the lower end of the mask. Looks like he might have suffered a neck injury and/or concussion from it.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. I watch the games, or the game info, on mlb.com. I thought I saw something about an umpire change. Didn't know it was something serious.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Yup that is what it looked like Dave. They took all the right precautions, got him to lie down, immobilized him with a neck brace and tied him down on to the stretcher and I'm sure took him to the nearest hospital. It caused a delay of probably in the 10-15 minute range. Looks like he was concious the entire time but certainly whoozy and in pain.

It is tough to watch when it is somebody you know as multiple trainers and doctors were over him showing concern.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Kevin - this is a clip of what happened to Dale Scott and then the video clip jumps to about 7 or 8 minutes later when they were strapping him to the stretcher. Hopefully just a minor concussion at worst.
- http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/dale- ... 1794347263
All-Star
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Kevin - this is a clip of what happened to Dale Scott and then the video clip jumps to about 7 or 8 minutes later when they were strapping him to the stretcher. Hopefully just a minor concussion at worst.
- http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/dale- ... 1794347263

Thank you. Looked painful. Hope he is okay.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 7365
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Apparently he is going to be kept overnight at Mt. Sinai Hospital with a concussion for observation. But hopefully he will recover. Not his first concussion though - so that is of concern.

Most Jays fans would be most familiar with Dale Scott because he was the home plate umpire in that incredible deciding Game 5 in the ALDS against Texas in 2015. The game with 'The Inning' and 'The Bat Flip'

Nice to see the respect many Jays fans showed - even give him a standing ovation as he was wheeled off.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/224374612 ... stretcher/
All-Star
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by Lyle B. Style » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:11 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Yup that is what it looked like Dave. They took all the right precautions, got him to lie down, immobilized him with a neck brace and tied him down on to the stretcher and I'm sure took him to the nearest hospital. It caused a delay of probably in the 10-15 minute range. Looks like he was concious the entire time but certainly whoozy and in pain.

It is tough to watch when it is somebody you know as multiple trainers and doctors were over him showing concern.


Good job by the medical staff in Toronto - perhaps they should show the same concern and oversight with their own injured players (ie. Donaldson)

For all intents and purposes the Jays are dead 'n buried. They can make it official by ending April around 2-20 or 3-19. At that point they'd be under the spell of the Winnipeg Jets Syndrome (ie. being so far back they can't make post-season, so they turn out and go on several winning runs)

Russ Martin having 1 measly hit after 10 games is an embarrassment to the game. (especially for a 20 million dollar salary). Bautista (aka Whifftista) has always been an embarrassment! Steve Pearce looks lost out there, Pillar is a great fielder, inferior batsman, Smoak smokes the odd long ball - usually dies at the plate, Tulowitzki takes a time-out after every pitch to adjust his friggin' gloves and still can't hit past .240, Travis is really mired in a slump. His out should be chronic injuries - but so far he's held up enough just to embarrass himself and the team.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest