Blue Jays and MLB 2017

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Jays lost both ends of the Double Header. That's a shame. :rockin:
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:21 pm

They lose again. Another series lost. They are toast. Good thing the Raps moving on to face the Cavs will distract Toronto sports fans and sports media for another couple of weeks.
All-Star

by rcon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:They lose again. Another series lost. They are toast. Good thing the Raps moving on to face the Cavs will distract Toronto sports fans and sports media for another couple of weeks.

Time to dump those Blow Jays tickets, Pat and buy some Argos tickets. They may win more games the Jays this year!!! :wink: :lol: :rockin:
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:29 am

rcon wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:They lose again. Another series lost. They are toast. Good thing the Raps moving on to face the Cavs will distract Toronto sports fans and sports media for another couple of weeks.

Time to dump those Blow Jays tickets, Pat and buy some Argos tickets. They may win more games the Jays this year!!! :wink: :lol: :rockin:

Haven't bought any future Jays tickets yet rcon. They really are looking - not just bad - but brutal. The one game I went to was a lame four hit shutout loss - so another Jays game is not on my agenda at this point.

Next up - hoping to make it to one of the Cavs - Raps games in the next couple of weeks. Have a friend who has a pair for all three Toronto games and if the series makes it to Game 6 it looks like I'll get to go to that one.

May 13th have a Toronto FC game at BMO.

The only BMO Field Argos game I will go to is for the one regular season visit by my Ti-Cats. And of course I will go to about 4-5 games here in Hamilton at THF.
Last edited by TravelPat1 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 am

TravelPat1 wrote:They are toast.

I just hope it`s true.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Jays lost after all. :lol: 6 and 17. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team/owner/fan base.
All-Star

by rcon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Jays lost after all. :lol: 6 and 17. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team/owner/fan base.

That's just too bad..... who am I kidding?! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Real possibility now that Rogers (owners) fires Glibby Gibby and brings in another hoser.

Sure, they'll have to eat a couple years of Gibbons extension but that's a short price to pay for continued fan salesmanship.

Most fans, like the CFL are lemmings. The Jays probably have less lemmings per capita than any professional sports team in Canada. They have to keep them happy - and giving Gibby the guillotine is their only real move!

Besides - they'll save hundreds of thousands of dollars in all the double bubble, mountain dew and double-salty zotes (seeds) the guy is consuming on the bench!
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:02 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:Real possibility now that Rogers (owners) fires Glibby Gibby and brings in another hoser.

Sure, they'll have to eat a couple years of Gibbons extension but that's a short price to pay for continued fan salesmanship.

Most fans, like the CFL are lemmings. The Jays probably have less lemmings per capita than any professional sports team in Canada. They have to keep them happy - and giving Gibby the guillotine is their only real move!

Besides - they'll save hundreds of thousands of dollars in all the double bubble, mountain dew and double-salty zotes (seeds) the guy is consuming on the bench!

I just watched the Rogers highlights and they are trying to put a positive spin on everything. Its the only thing they can do right now. They are even embellishing the crowd noise and not a peep about the television ratings. Is attendance really 40K with with the upper levels empty?

Stubhub has a lot of seats at Pizza/Pizza prices if you know what I mean.

Toronto has it so wrong. You watch the Argo minicamp where the players look like athletes then watch the Blue Jays. It has been years of BS from the Rogers crew, Fan 590 and Sportsnet. Imagine the CFL having more choice at the feeder level (U sports, NCAA) than any other Major sports league in TO but Rogers keeps hammering away. 74000 playing NCAA. 74000 grains of sand, you pick out 256 for the NFL and 50 for the CFL with whatever criteria you want. Whats left? a lot of grains left over that could of been picked by either league.
Veteran

by Lyle B. Style » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:46 am

Argofan_1000 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:Real possibility now that Rogers (owners) fires Glibby Gibby and brings in another hoser.

I just watched the Rogers highlights and they are trying to put a positive spin on everything. Its the only thing they can do right now. They are even embellishing the crowd noise and not a peep about the television ratings. Is attendance really 40K with with the upper levels empty?

Stubhub has a lot of seats at Pizza/Pizza prices if you know what I mean.

Toronto has it so wrong. You watch the Argo minicamp where the players look like athletes then watch the Blue Jays. It has been years of BS from the Rogers crew, Fan 590 and Sportsnet. Imagine the CFL having more choice at the feeder level (U sports, NCAA) than any other Major sports league in TO but Rogers keeps hammering away. 74000 playing NCAA. 74000 grains of sand, you pick out 256 for the NFL and 50 for the CFL with whatever criteria you want. Whats left? a lot of grains left over that could of been picked by either league.

When a professional critic like Gregg Zaun hops aboard the lemming-train you know you got problems. Essentially, Rogers Media (owners of the ball team) is asserting itself and threatening mopes like Zaun, Jamie Campbell, Buck '77 (his IQ), Jerry Howarth, Joe Saddle. Hop-a-Long Wilner, as Phil Kessel might say has always been a super-shill.

Don't know what Cowboy Bob McCown is saying - but Rogers usually lets him foam up in his little spot on the network.

But the other guys are being forced to execute marching orders, feign excitement (I do like it when Hazel Mae occasionally gets worked up) and report for daily duty to cover a team of professional mopes.

As I predicted Donaldson missed all of April - he'll probably miss at least half of May - and then go back to DH duty around May 16th - but they'll hold him back from manning the bag until early June. Tulowitzki is just one of those guys - he'll probably return sometime in May but his level of play will be putrid - might be better off finishing the year with the light-hitting Goins at short.

Surprised Bautista hasn't found a way to injure himself yet - and put a stopper to his legacy of personal embarrassment! (Soon to come, I'm sure)

Sanchez says he's good to go on Sunday - but I'm sure they'll monitor his pitch count - and he'll probably end up exiting around P. 55 to 65 - exposing fans to that putrid Jays bullpen!
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:26 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:Hop-a-Long Wilner... has always been a super-shill.

He's the worst. In his mind, the Jays can do no wrong. Hate his as a play-by-play man, as well.

Lyle B. Style wrote:Don't know what Cowboy Bob McCown is saying - but Rogers usually lets him foam up in his little spot on the network.

To his credit, he's dumping on them.

I just hope this slump goes on for a while because the Jays are bound to go on a winning streak and, when that happens, I want them buried so deep that all the wins in the world don't make a difference.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:10 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:Hop-a-Long Wilner... has always been a super-shill.

He's the worst. In his mind, the Jays can do no wrong. Hate his as a play-by-play man, as well.

Lyle B. Style wrote:Don't know what Cowboy Bob McCown is saying - but Rogers usually lets him foam up in his little spot on the network.

To his credit, he's dumping on them.

I just hope this slump goes on for a while because the Jays are bound to go on a winning streak and, when that happens, I want them buried so deep that all the wins in the world don't make a difference.

I agree the Jays will go on some kind of 6 or 7 game winning streak that will have the broadcast team just orgasmic!

As for Vilner - there should be restraining orders on this guy from going within 500 yards of any sports broadcasting school in the world - even southern Chad. He gets his jollies by dismembering low IQ call-in fans who see something's wrong with the team.

I think McCown has a clause in his contract that allows him to say whatever he wants - else the network would have to give him a huge pile of severance cash. They're just waiting for him to get tired of making those sad faces, chewing his cud and looking like stupidity on steroids, finally retiring to his southern Ontario winery.
The other guys like Zaun & Buck don't have as good protection - they have to watch their words and offer positive thoughts regardless of how deep the Titanic has sunk!
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:32 pm

They are all multimillionaires, who the f.. cares really.
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:31 pm

Boy - the Jays must have sold lots of advance tickets. 42,419 the announced attendance today and still 5th in MLB in attendance through 11 home games. Average of over 37,500 a game - incredibly slightly ahead of last year through 11 home games.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:48 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Boy - the Jays must have sold lots of advance tickets. 42,419 the announced attendance today and still 5th in MLB in attendance through 11 home games. Average of over 37,500 a game - incredibly slightly ahead of last year through 11 home games.

Suckers!!!! Hope you enjoy paying good money for garbage.
All-Star

PreviousNext