Blue Jays and MLB 2017

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
rcon wrote:Dream on "lemming", dream on. :roll: :roll: :roll:

All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Problem is, I can't win this fight with Patrick...

If the Jays lose, he just stops caring until they win again.

If the Jays win, he's gung ho.

It's a no win situation for me. :thdn:
All-Star

by Mightygoose » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:Problem is, I can't win this fight with Patrick...

No worries, the point is not to win...just play :)

Yeah, they looked good last night. A balanced attack with little dependancy on the long ball.

But this flirting with 3 losses/3 wins..etc..This will make it difficult to assert how to manage the team moving forward.

I can see a tug of war between management and ownership. Management would want to flick the rebuild switch and stock the farm system again. Ownership will want to cash registers to keep ringing. I think it's starting on that front with the secondary ticket market crashing.

We were there last night, 500 level front row staring at 3rd base. Paid 7.00 USD each on stub hub for tickets with a 27.00 face value.

I see similar seats for 8USD tonight....very tempting :)
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Mightygoose wrote:

Yeah, they looked good last night. A balanced attack with little dependancy on the long ball.

But this flirting with 3 losses/3 wins..etc..This will make it difficult to assert how to manage the team moving forward.

I can see a tug of war between management and ownership. Management would want to flick the rebuild switch and stock the farm system again. Ownership will want to cash registers to keep ringing. I think it's starting on that front with the secondary ticket market crashing.

We were there last night, 500 level front row staring at 3rd base. Paid 7.00 USD each on stub hub for tickets with a 27.00 face value.

$8 USD for a Jays ticket? WOW!
You can't get a rider fan to crap on your lawn for 8 bucks - maybe a bomber fan to sneeze into your face but I don't know.
Heck - cokes are $9 at Jets games!
All-Star

by letsgoticats » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:
Mightygoose wrote:

$8 USD for a Jays ticket? WOW!
You can't get a rider fan to crap on your lawn for 8 bucks - maybe a bomber fan to sneeze into your face but I don't know.
Heck - cokes are $9 at Jets games!

Jays tickets have been <$10 USD on stubhub for weeknight games for years now. This is not new.
Starter

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:08 pm

letsgoticats wrote:Jays tickets have been <$10 USD on stubhub for weeknight games for years now. This is not new.

Jays getting slaughtered. 9-0 after 3. Anyone who paid $10, paid too much.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 pm

All we need is a touchdown and a field goal and we win! ..................... Oops - wrong sport. :?
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:15 pm

New Jays promotion for dead ball games in August & September.

Aaron Sanchez's blister getting its own bobble-head! :cowboy:
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Bob McClown said Rogers believes the reason for the drop in CFL rating are because of the Jays run. He implied Rogers is worried that will change if the Jays fall off.

He also said the Jays ratings are down in 2017 - implied it is large drop (10-15%).

He said the Jays have no one good in AAA or AA. They have 2 great players in A ball who are 2 to 3 years away.

He said attendance will drop off quickly and the Jays could quickly become irrelevant if they have a few bad years.

He said they need to keep the current players to ensure they stay relevant.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:02 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:Bob McClown said Rogers believes the reason for the drop in CFL rating are because of the Jays run. He implied Rogers is worried that will change if the Jays fall off.

He also said the Jays ratings are down in 2017 - implied it is large drop (10-15%).

He said the Jays have no one good in AAA or AA. They have 2 great players in A ball who are 2 to 3 years away.

He said attendance will drop off quickly and the Jays could quickly become irrelevant if they have a few bad years.

He said they need to keep the current players to ensure they stay relevant.

Yep, McClown should buy the team. Keeping vermin & whiffs like Bautista, Tulowitski, Martin, Goins, Barney, etc. will DO IT, WON'T IT?

Just recognizable players who say all the right jib-jab before and after games.

Gibby's jib-jab is virtually incomprehensible prior to games - totally unintelligible jib-jab after games.

Mind you the only players TO could trade for value are Osuna, Little Marco, Smoak & Slumpy Donaldson.

Tulo, Whifftista, Martin, Maille, etc. are basically at the end of their career rope.

Nobody wants guys like that for anything other than Tulo's glove as post-season backup. Whifftista as a batting lineup PH (but Joey Bats craps his pants vs. elite pitching). Martin would be a decent back-up catcher for a contending team. Not a great batter but a good guy to finish games as a defensive catcher although his skills are now in open decline!
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:04 pm

McClown said Washington would give their eye teeth for Osuna. I do NOT want that. I want the Jays to hold on until AFTER the trade deadline.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Yay! 2 of 3 against the team with the best road record in baseball. :-)
Last edited by TravelPat1 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:05 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Yay! 2 of 3 against the team with the best road record and baseball. :-)

I KNEW IT!!!

All-Star

by rcon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:45 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Yay! 2 of 3 against the team with the best road record in baseball. :-)

Yay, your team is still 5 games under .500 and losing 5-0 in the 2nd inning! Yay! :roll: :roll: :roll:
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:43 pm

rcon wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Yay! 2 of 3 against the team with the best road record in baseball. :-)

Yay, your team is still 5 games under .500 and losing 5-0 in the 2nd inning! Yay! :roll: :roll: :roll:

They are now losing 15-0. Time for Patrick to make his jump.
All-Star

PreviousNext