A PGA Tour win for a Canadian? Plus a big tennis win!

A PGA Tour win for a Canadian? Plus a big tennis win!

by TravelPat1 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:57 am

Going into tomorrow's final round of this weekend's PGA event Moose Jaw's Adam Hadwin has a 4 shot lead. Can he be the first Canadian to win this year?

My hometown of Dundas hero - Mackenzie Hughes - currently 10th in the PGA Fedex Standings leads all Canadians in the PGA Fedex standings so far but Hadwin - who is currently 11th will surge all the way to 4th if he hangs on to win Sunday. Graham Delaet is 59th and Nick Taylor 87th. Four Canadians in the top 100 with two of them potentially in the Top Ten after tomorrow.

And in tennis Vasek Pospisil beat Andy Murray in early round action in a Masters Tourney in California.

Good weekend for Canadians in those 'other' sports.
All-Star

Re: A PGA Tour win for a Canadian? Plus a big tennis win!

by Aerial » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:29 am

Watched the last few holes of Hadwin's victory, he just about blew it on 16 think it was when he put his tee shot in the drink but held on for the victory over a surging Cantlay. Congrats to him on his first and hopefully not last PGA win.

Although "just" a Canadian event as some would say like the Grey Cup, congrats to Brad Gushue and his team winning the Brier on home soil. Watched the highlights this morning and looked exciting for sure.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star