NHL Hockey

Re: NHL Hockey

by sambo42 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:59 pm

There is a possibility of a Oilers/Sens final... but that would mean that the Sens would have to beat the Penguins or Caps... and the way the Pens are playing, I can't see that happening...
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
Hall of Famer

by TravelPat1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Well that was the first time since a mic malfunction at a Leafs game at the ACC when I've heard a Canadian crowd sing the Star Spangled Banner.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/crowd- ... c-51771803
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Imagine if that happened at a CFL game and all the bush comments from the anti-CFL crowd.

At any rate, a much needed win for the Ducks in this one.
Last edited by Aerial on Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon May 01, 2017 4:14 pm

I'd love to see an all Canadian team Stanley Cup Final. And wouldn't it be something if Ottawa made it to the Stanley Cup and won? First the Grey Cup. Then the Stanley Cup. Wow. That would be very exciting. I think both teams can pull it off and make it the Stanley Cup. If it does happen and I have to choose I would choose Ottawa only because Edmonton has won it so many times already.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 pm

It would something beagle without a doubt!
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by West » Tue May 02, 2017 9:36 am

beaglehound wrote:I'd love to see an all Canadian team Stanley Cup Final. And wouldn't it be something if Ottawa made it to the Stanley Cup and won? First the Grey Cup. Then the Stanley Cup. Wow. That would be very exciting. I think both teams can pull it off and make it the Stanley Cup. If it does happen and I have to choose I would choose Ottawa only because Edmonton has won it so many times already.

Obviously as an Oiler fan I couldn't disagree more with your pick on who would win, but yes I'm hoping for an Oiler/Sens SC. We will have to see what happens with Crosby after that cross check to the head he took last night. If he's out for any length of time with a concussion or something again, I think that certainly helps Ottawa's chances. Though I question if they have the goalkeeping to get them there especially against Pittsburgh or Washington.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 am

West wrote:
beaglehound wrote:I'd love to see an all Canadian team Stanley Cup Final. And wouldn't it be something if Ottawa made it to the Stanley Cup and won? First the Grey Cup. Then the Stanley Cup. Wow. That would be very exciting. I think both teams can pull it off and make it the Stanley Cup. If it does happen and I have to choose I would choose Ottawa only because Edmonton has won it so many times already.

Obviously as an Oiler fan I couldn't disagree more with your pick on who would win, but yes I'm hoping for an Oiler/Sens SC. We will have to see what happens with Crosby after that cross check to the head he took last night. If he's out for any length of time with a concussion or something again, I think that certainly helps Ottawa's chances. Though I question if they have the goalkeeping to get them there especially against Pittsburgh or Washington.

Sid's injury should tilt the series to the Caps. It really makes Holtby a half goal better every game as Crosby is pretty much the only one who could reliably pierce the twine under duress. Wouldn't surprise me now if Caps sweep the Pens the next 3 games to advance!
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:59 pm

OK - the Oilers blew a 3 goal lead in the last three minutes Friday night. But surely they can hold a six goal lead tonight - with just one period to play - can't they?

Let's hope so. We need a Game 7. We haven't had one yet in these playoffs.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Well at least one Canadian team is through to the Final Four. Well done Ottawa.

Can Edmonton join them out west tomorrow night?
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:12 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:This round is tough picks for me. I keep flip flopping on my choices - lol.

I guess for the record I'll go with the Blues, Ducks, Rangers and Caps. And unlike the last round I do expect we will see some Game 7's this round.

Well I'm 0 for 2 so far in Round Two with the Blues and Rangers gone. At least my predictions of some Game 7's came true. Two of them tomorrow night. :-)
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:19 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Well at least one Canadian team is through to the Final Four. Well done Ottawa.

Can Edmonton join them out west tomorrow night?

Let's make it two!!! :rockin:
All-Star

by Aerial » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Watched the later half of the game, Ottawa played well, that goalie Anderson came up solid in this one. They look good.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:20 pm

Aerial wrote:Watched the later half of the game, Ottawa played well, that goalie Anderson came up solid in this one. They look good.

:thup:
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Wed May 10, 2017 10:03 am

Honestly, tonite should feature the La Kapitals burying Sid & the pens.

Malkin has been nothing short of a hot steaming bag of garbage - he's not giving Sid any support while Sid don't know if he's foot or horseback.

Marc-Andre Fleury has resumed his natural status of Five-Hole Fleury so Wash really has the advantage in net - even with Holtby not at his best.

Half a Sid, Ghose Malkin, no Trev Daley, no Kris Letang.

If Washington can't take out the crippled and hapless Pens tonite - the entire Washington team should be deported - including the Canadians!

Only was Pens have a chance is if Matt Murray is 98% and can pull of the biggest heist since Jesse James. I don't see Fleury being able to stand up to a 35 or 40 shot assault - and holding the Caps to 2 or less goals (requirement for winning)
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed May 10, 2017 9:26 pm

The Capitals are hopeless, maybe it's time to get rid of Ovechkin. Shutout in front of their own fans in Game 7, disgraceful.
All-Star

PreviousNext