Annual Super Bowl World Championship boycott

Re: Annual Super Bowl World Championship boycott

by ArgoT » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:53 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Yup - it's always good when Pats win (says this Pat). :P Feel bad for the Falcons and Atlanta area fans. Teams from the Boston area have had an awful lot of championships to celebrate the last 10 - 15 years.

That was an incredible comeback. A SUPER Super Bowl with Tom Brady cementing his reputation as perhaps the best QB of all time.

And even a superb halftime performance by Lady Gaga in which she managed to actually sing (instead of lip synch), dance and give a good performance while still managing to keep her fans happy by getting in some subtle political digs at the same time - yet she kept those subtle enough to not take away from the entertainment factor or tick people off.

rcon and ArgoT - you missed one heck of a sporting event!

Didn't see it and didn't miss it.
Nothing beats our GC for excitement all game excitement, not just the end from what I understand happened yesterday.
All-Star

by Tridus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:14 am

Friend of mine who never watches sports watched the game soely to root against the team Trump likes. He was happier in at halftime than the end of the game.

I don't know why people want to make everything about politics. It's just a football game. Nothing in the real world changes as a result of the outcome. The Avocado commercial was pretty amusing, though.

Mostly waiting to see how badly CTV got pummeled in the ratings by Fox. That could make for fun reading.
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:21 am

CTV had those giveaways so I'm sure many tuned in. On our Bell dish we didn't get Super Bowl ads on our Fox network from Boston not that I give two sh!ts as they are still ads flogging CRAP.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

by letsgoticats » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 am

ArgoT wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Yup - it's always good when Pats win (says this Pat). :P Feel bad for the Falcons and Atlanta area fans. Teams from the Boston area have had an awful lot of championships to celebrate the last 10 - 15 years.

That was an incredible comeback. A SUPER Super Bowl with Tom Brady cementing his reputation as perhaps the best QB of all time.

And even a superb halftime performance by Lady Gaga in which she managed to actually sing (instead of lip synch), dance and give a good performance while still managing to keep her fans happy by getting in some subtle political digs at the same time - yet she kept those subtle enough to not take away from the entertainment factor or tick people off.

Nothing beats our GC for excitement all game excitement, not just the end from what I understand happened yesterday.

For someone that didn't watch the game, you sure talk about it a lot. Are you trying to convince yourself you didn't miss anything exciting :lol: ?
Starter

by Liquor Kitty » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:08 pm

letsgoticats wrote:
ArgoT wrote:

For someone that didn't watch the game, you sure talk about it a lot. Are you trying to convince yourself you didn't miss anything exciting :lol: ?

He was too busy watching Trump BS.
Veteran

by ArgoT » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:10 pm

You must be all "Liquored" up from drinking the combination No Funners and Democratic Clinton News Network kool aid?
All-Star

by deerkeeper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:23 pm

One thing about the game is that people may finally see just how silly the NFL overtime rules are. My girlfriend who is not a big football fan said the overtime ruined the whole game for her. "Why not just flip the coin and decide the winner from that" she told me. She agrees that the Grey Cup overtime was much better.
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 am

Veteran

by Aerial » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:07 pm

deerkeeper wrote:One thing about the game is that people may finally see just how silly the NFL overtime rules are. My girlfriend who is not a big football fan said the overtime ruined the whole game for her. "Why not just flip the coin and decide the winner from that" she told me. She agrees that the Grey Cup overtime was much better.

My wife said the same thing, stupidity rules of NFL overtime, she actually thought it was a joke and said the SB winner winning like this should have an asterisk. Hard to argue with that, definitely took a lot from the game away how they do this in the NFL, that's for sure. :thdn:

CFL has it much better without a doubt. Nothing is perfect but CFL system better without a doubt.
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:40 am

ArgoT wrote:You must be all "Liquored" up from drinking the combination No Funners and Democratic Clinton News Network kool aid?

Sorry Tom, I'm not a Lefty., and DEFINATELY NOT American.
Veteran

by TravelPat1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:13 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
jamie wrote:Gaga was very good. I thought it was live too but found that hard to believe given her gymnastics and athleticism. You figure that was all live hey?.

I have had time liking her until I got dragged to a show and saw an unplugged series of songs. Just her and a guitar. Then piano. Kind of converted me. She's Julliard trained I believe too.

I think unlike other Super Bowl halftime shows her mic was live the entire time - although undoubtedly at some of the most intense physical parts of the performance a voice track of her pre-recorded likely played to augment her live voice somewhat.

Here is her live mic fom the halftime show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVnMdzP0UM

And here with all the other musical and vocal tracks included
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txXwg712zw4
-
All-Star

Previous