Annual Super Bowl World Championship boycott

Re: Annual Super Bowl World Championship boycott

by Aerial » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:59 am

The good thing is I have no reason to watch or listen to the half-time show for this year's SB, that's for sure. Gaga, gag, gag, gag. :D
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by challenger99 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:39 am

Have to agree with you on half time show of garbage.
Veteran

by letsgoticats » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Skipping the game is your loss. There's going to be a ton of points put on the board.
Starter

by Mightygoose » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:36 pm

I'll be in the London on business so I'm not sure how much I'll see with the time difference. But might as well check out the UK commercials while I'm at it.
All-Star

by deerkeeper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Looks like the Grey Cup isn't the only championship game that had trouble selling tickets. Still lots on the market for the Super Duper Bowl, that is if you are willing to shell out anywhere between $2500 - $25000.
https://www.tiqiq.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons-tickets/atlanta-falcons-vs-new-england-patriots--02-05-2017/4017111598861
Veteran

by Aerial » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:56 pm

It's the "Trump Bowl", the NFL as Conservative big business as it gets of course. Even Trump was too liberal for them to want him in their little group. :wink:

And just for the record, I'm a little guy with not much money, never made over $31 an hour in my working life and living on a pension of about $2100 a month plus CPP of $690 a month, who has many conservative values and actually cherishes some of these conservative values ie. a surgeon who wants to take a "wait and see approach" on a tumour, like my wife has, that may or may not be malignant based on pathology but it's a gland, thyroid, and you don't just take out glands willy nilly. Try some easy drugs first to see if it shrinks and go from there. Conservative approach, not slice and dice right away. :thup:
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by chinese buffet » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Aerial wrote:It's the "Trump Bowl", the NFL as Conservative big business as it gets. Even Trump was too liberal for them to want him in their little group. :wink:

And just for the record, I'm a little guy who has many conservative values and actually cherishes some of these conservative values ie. a surgeon who wants to take a "wait and see approach" on a tumour, like my wife has, that may or may not be malignant based on pathology but it's a gland, thyroid, and you don't just take out glands willy nilly. Try some easy drugs first to see if it shrinks and go from there. Conservative approach, not slice and dice right away. :thup:

They should never show players kneeling. I'm saying they are liberal for allowing this behavior.
Rookie

by Aerial » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:08 pm

I hear you chinese but the NFL liberal? Come on, they had to allow it for image sakes ie. not to show they are intruding in players personal lives, but ask all the NFL owners if they are Republican or Democrat and my guess is at least 80 percent are Republican in more ways than Donald Trump even.

Hey, others are saying "Trump Bowl". :lol:

Super Bowl or Trump Bowl?

"The country has been fixated on [politics] for a while, so it only makes sense that some themes we saw during the election will make their way into Super Bowl spots,"

https://article.wn.com/view/2017/01/20/ ... rump_Bowl/
All-Star

by challenger99 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Aerial wrote:It's the "Trump Bowl", the NFL as Conservative big business as it gets of course. Even Trump was too liberal for them to want him in their little group. :wink:

And just for the record, I'm a little guy with not much money, never made over $31 an hour in my working life and living on a pension of about $2100 a month plus CPP of $690 a month, who has many conservative values and actually cherishes some of these conservative values ie. a surgeon who wants to take a "wait and see approach" on a tumour, like my wife has, that may or may not be malignant based on pathology but it's a gland, thyroid, and you don't just take out glands willy nilly. Try some easy drugs first to see if it shrinks and go from there. Conservative approach, not slice and dice right away. :thup:

Aerial, my wife and I and two other couples that are traveling with us wish your Wife and you only the best. We will not forget as we keep both of you in our thoughts and prayers.
We are currently in the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX before we head to Houston tomorrow.
Veteran

by Aerial » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:06 am

Appreciate that challenger and have a great time and a safe time at the game. Should be a good one.
All-Star

by ArgoT » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Come on folks it's still not to late to join our movement.
Stay away from the Jim Jones like kool aid.
All-Star

by letsgoticats » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:52 pm

ArgoT wrote:Come on folks it's still not to late to join our movement.

If you're a football fan, you'll probably watch the game. Buying into the hype has nothing to do with it.
Starter

by ArgoT » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:57 pm

letsgoticats wrote:

If you're a football fan, you'll probably watch the game. Buying into the hype has nothing to do with it.

Sure if you believe that?
I only follow the real and best entertainment product being the CFL.
I am certainly not missing anything.
All-Star

by Mightygoose » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm in London at the moment on business and the game starts around 11pm here so I'll likely watch a quarter.

Just my obervation. You can barley tell the Superbowl is today. Virtually no coverage saw one guy in a Ravens jersey at outlr hotel so perhaps more will come out the wordwork. No hours long pre game coverage on BBC or any other network.

Besides EPL. Every pub here is covering Six Nations Rugby. Nothing at all advertising people to watch 'the big game' here.

Despite the good attendance of the games here, the NFL is barley a niche.
All-Star

by rcon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:40 pm

ArgoT wrote:
letsgoticats wrote:

Sure if you believe that?
I only follow the real and best entertainment product being the CFL.
I am certainly not missing anything.

:thup: :thup: Preaching to the choir, Brother! Have the Grey Cup pregame on now, getting ready to relive the magic of Ottawa's win soon. :rockin: Besides, I hate Kool-Aid!!
All-Star

PreviousNext