IF

Re: IF

by ryan3434 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:41 pm

I cant watch... To nerve racking i wont sleep if they lose and i gotta get up at 5
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by DAN38 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:32 pm

In the last ten years or so whenever we have a team playing for Canada they seem to go into a daze or stupor or fog or whatever you want to call it. We did it so many times in this game, TOO MANY. We let two 2-goal leads evaporate. We gave the puck away too many times. We stopped playing the game that got us to this point.

On the other side we played great and exciting hockey and showed the world we are the best still. Losing by a goal in a shoot-out of all things is nothing to be ashamed of. It was a great tourney with lots of really good hockey. We almost did it !
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by Aerial » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Just unfortunate one team had to be the official losing team in this game, fantastic game, congrats to both teams for a great game. This shows the best of what hockey is all about.

Nothing to be ashamed about for the Canadian boys at all, for sure Dan.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:53 am

I fell asleep after a very long day in the 3rd period with Canada up 3-2 but had the PVR going - so watched the finish this morning. Only one problem the PVR stopped just as the shootout was starting - lol. Tough way to lose a game (just like TFC losing MLS Cup).

Should help creat a lot of buzz for the rematch in December at New Era Field - in Buffalo where next Juniors are being played. They've scheduled the USA - Canada round robin round game to be outdoors. May want to go to that one.
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 am

I hate to say it but this American team was better. They beat us twice. You have to have that killer instinct and we didn't. My wife was getting po'ed at me because all game long I could see the writing on the wall. Canada would start running around in their end, give the puck away, I'd say a choice word and the US would score. You could just see it. Some guys will have trouble getting over this one especially Dube I think it was who muffed that pass leaving him with a wide open net for a sure goal. Roy for totally screwing up in the shootout and just dribbling the puck towards the best Jr goalie in hockey. Also we shot wide on another attempt. We need better goal tending next year. I'd love to see the Petes Dylan Wells get a shot. He was drafted by the Oilers and has been incredible this year just leading the Petes to their longest winning streak in years at 10 in a row. He always faces tons of shots but has been brilliant. I know he's on Hockey Canada's radar as he's played in a couple of the big tournaments.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

by DAN38 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:28 am

I don't consider a skills competition as a way to determine a better team.Overtime should be it, not who can beat a goalie on a breakaway. I hate shootouts. They don't prove anything.

The US had trouble squeaking by the Swiss, had to go to shootout to beat Russia and had to go to shootout to beat us. Not exactly a powerhouse at work.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm

For sure the shootout has to go away for the medal games. Canada was all over them in the overtime.

All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Canada had 2 almost good goalies, The USA had 2 very good goalies.

Usually the team with the best goaltending wins.

That said this tourney seemed to be whoever had the most powerplays won.
BUILD THAT WALL...between TORONTO & HAMILTON...then MAKE HAMILTON PAY FOR IT
Starter

by TravelPat1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 am

ryan3434 wrote:Gold medal game in montreal. Cant be in any better hockey city for this game

Hmm - a Habs City - yes. Hockey? That can be debated considering the turnout for these games at the Bell Centre.

Two years ago when the medal round games were in Toronto - every Canadian medal round game was at or within a few hundred of capacity at the ACC. The gold medal game - that I was at - was not only a sellout - but an overflowing crowd with every corporate box full - standing room only with way more people than seats in many boxes.

The Bell Centre - a few hundred short of capacity for the Gold Medal game, 10,000 short of capacity for Canada's Quarter-final,and 7,000 short of capacity for Canada's semi-final and there were many crowds under 5,000 for the round robin games in Montreal.

In both World Juniors shared by Toronto and Montreal attendance was way better in Toronto than Montreal.

And in both cities - yes the prices were too high.
All-Star

by Flutie2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:03 pm

DAN38 wrote:In the last ten years or so whenever we have a team playing for Canada they seem to go into a daze or stupor or fog or whatever you want to call it. We did it so many times in this game, TOO MANY. We let two 2-goal leads evaporate. We gave the puck away too many times. We stopped playing the game that got us to this point.

On the other side we played great and exciting hockey and showed the world we are the best still. Losing by a goal in a shoot-out of all things is nothing to be ashamed of. It was a great tourney with lots of really good hockey. We almost did it !

DAN38, I think you are the one that is living in a daze or fog. Canada has showed the world they are still the best? HUH? You just got punched in the gut at your own game on home soil by the USA for the second time in less than a week. Man up and give credit where credit is due, and enjoy that silver medal. GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!
Practice Squad

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 pm

This site just hit the skids with Flutie2 on here. hahaha. Are you fresh off a ban on Argo Fans? Former 1argoholic here. hahaha.

All-Star

Previous