TFC and the MLS Final.

TFC and the MLS Final.

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:11 pm

To all of those TFC fans who shoot their mouths off about The Toronto Argonauts, the oldest pro sports franchise in North America, hahahaha!! Treat the Argonauts with respect. Karma has hit the Jays and now TFC straight in the nuts.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

Re: TFC and the MLS Final.

by rcon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:To all of those TFC fans who shoot their mouths off about The Toronto Argonauts, the oldest pro sports franchise in North America, hahahaha!! Treat the Argonauts with respect. Karma has hit the Jays and now TFC straight in the nuts.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:51 pm

I don't know about you, but I would've preferred the Argos be Grey Cup runners-up than last in the league.

Good on TFC for finishing in 2nd in their league. :thup:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:14 am

PTBO Dave wrote:Good on TFC for finishing in 2nd in their league. :thup:

Yup - and electrifying TO much like the Raptors did last spring and the Jays have done the last two Octobers.

Now if only one of these damn teams I cheer for (of which I include the Cats - not the Argos) would only win one of these championship games or series. It's been awhile.

Leafs - 1967
Cats - 1999
Jays - 1993
Raps - never
Bills - never (at least not in the NFL)
TFC - never

It's tough being the sports fan me. lol
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:25 am

TravelPat1 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:Good on TFC for finishing in 2nd in their league. :thup:

Yup - and electrifying TO much like the Raptors did last spring and the Jays have done the last two Octobers.

Now if only one of these damn teams I cheer for (of which I include the Cats - not the Argos) would only win one of these championship games or series. It's been awhile.

Leafs - 1967
Cats - 1999
Jays - 1993
Raps - never
Bills - never (at least not in the NFL)
TFC - never

It's tough being the sports fan me. lol

Well, things look good for TFC in the forseeable future.

But might I suggest following the Rock in the NLL? Preseason just got underway, and they won their 6th championship just 5 years ago, and there's no Hamilton team to divide your loyalty.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:37 am

Looks good on TFC and the Red Crotch Boys! :twisted:
Veteran

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:15 am

The Curse of Argos Past will continue for The Jays and TFC until some respect is shown towards the Argonauts by both. Karma baby Karma. I'm not a religious guy but Karma is real. The ghost of Norm Cassola helped steer that one ball off the line for Seattle.

TFC winners of squat.

All-Star

by rcon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:19 am

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:The Curse of Argos Past will continue for The Jays and TFC until some respect is shown towards the Argonauts by both. Karma baby Karma. I'm not a religious guy but Karma is real. The ghost of Norm Cassola helped steer that one ball off the line for Seattle.

TFC winners of squat.

Well I did put a curse on any sports franchise that is owned in whole or in part by Rogers (Jays, Leafs, Raptors and TFC). I am glad it is still working!!! I am a REDBLACKS fan, but I wish every success for the Argos, just not against my team.
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:19 am

Tried to watch some of the game but I couldn't, not my thing, so I went back to watching my Habs destroy the Avs. Watched the shootout on Sportscentre this morning, tough way to lose for the TFC gang but hey, that's the way it goes in sports.

Sounds like I didn't miss much not watching the game according to this commenter:

ABSURDLY, SOUNDERS WIN CUP WITH NO SHOT ON GOAL

Congratulations are in order for bringing another championship to Seattle.
The world's "most popular sport" once again proved to be boring. Drinking alcohol and Gregorian chanting will get you thru. If you have not seen the Simpson's several minute parody on soccer you should. It says it all.

http://sportspressnw.com/2227644/2016/a ... ot-on-goal
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:35 pm

hahaha. That's what I call it Gregorian chanting and waving little scarves. LAME!!!!

I'm with rcon about the Rogers hate. They couldn't believe when I ditched my cel plan with them since I'd been with them since day one.They care about filling their pockets and nothing more.

All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:28 pm

Aerial wrote:ABSURDLY, SOUNDERS WIN CUP WITH NO SHOT ON GOAL

:lol:
Maybe the TFC goalkeeper (or what ever you call them in a cut-rate soccer league) was frozen stiff when it came to the shoot-out. Turd **** Cutters = TFC
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Oh ya, Red Patch Boys = Hope Solo.
Veteran

by Aerial » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:49 pm

:thup: Liquor, I will give the soccer boys credit for not sending the players out on the frozen Canadian tundra with full length pant suits, they kept the shorties with high socks, or so it look liked it at any rate. Good on them for that.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Argonauts est.1873 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:39 am

Now the little Italian and another TFC guy are blaming the Argos for the loss. hahahaha. Whining little sucks. They made the final and weren't good enough to score so it's the CFL's fault. Losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:Now the little Italian and another TFC guy are blaming the Argos for the loss. hahahaha. Whining little sucks. They made the final and weren't good enough to score so it's the CFL's fault. Losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you ... Hope Solo.
Veteran

Next