Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Argonauts est.1873 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:44 am

Obviously soccer players would be in similar shape to a long distance runner. They could run all day. After Grey Cup we stayed an extra two nights at the Park Hyatt where the Montreal Impact happened to be before their big game against TFC. The guys are all skinny little dudes with the exception of the odd taller guy. They would get killed playing CFL football plus soccer has a suck arsed culture with all of the fake injury BS, whining and crying. Yes they are in shape for running and jumping a bit but to say that they are in better shape physically and mentally then a CFL player is absolutely ridiculous.
You'll get guys in both sports that are better athletes as a whole.Brian Bud the old soccer player who won the old Superstars Series was a true multi sport type athlete but most of these guys aren't in that category.

Soccer is a game that anyone can play just like golf. You could be on crutches and kick the ball. Not everyone can play football.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

by Stifler's Mom » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:07 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:[quote="Stifler's Mom]
Absolutely. I don't get why this argument came about to begin with.[/quote]

Ask your RPB buddies on their website, TFC troll. That's where, as I stated above, this is where athleticism BS is spewing from.
(and yes, I look at the RPB website when "things erupt" to see what all the constant whining is about).

It's funny how ALL 38 of your posts talk about TFC, futebol positively, and talk about the Grey Cup, Argos, CFL, negatively![/quote][/quote][/quote]

I am not apart of the RPB, I don't engage with those individuals.

I would like you to reference certain posts to highlite this. All I do is speak truth and call out fallacies. If the by product of that ends up with posts that talk more positively about TFC and negatively about the Argos, you need to ask yourself some serious questions. A troll is someone who says something that brings about severe negative emotional reactions out of the targeted individuals. If the truth is bringing about negative emotional reactions amongst some individuals here, you all need to take a step back and reflect. Does the CFL fan forum want to be known as a place where its members are allergic to the truth? I think you all can be better than that.
Last edited by Stifler's Mom on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rookie

by Stifler's Mom » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:11 am

Xvys wrote:Stifler who joined this forum two weeks ago, doesn't seem like much of a CFL or Argos fan does he (and he's probably just masquerading as a girl?)

I'm not a fan of the Argos, CFL, TFC or MLS for that matter. When I mean fan, I am talking about ticket/merchandise buying, being glued to the TV for every game sort of thing. I do casually watch here and there.

I'm also not masquerading as a girl. I just went with a funny user name. You know the reference right?
Rookie

by sth1988 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 pm

I was playing hockey last night and cramped up and couldn't continue. My training has been consistant. I didn't have any cramping in previous years. The only thing I can think of is that figure skaters were on the ice before us. :D
Rookie

by Argonauts est.1873 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:49 pm

hahaha. Good stuff!!!

All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Stifler's Mom wrote:I would like you to reference certain posts to highlite this.

See for yourself. Click on your profile, then click "search user's posts", then read your past posts ... enough said.
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Stifler's Mom wrote:
Xvys wrote:Stifler who joined this forum two weeks ago, doesn't seem like much of a CFL or Argos fan does he (and he's probably just masquerading as a girl?)

I'm not a fan of the Argos, CFL, TFC or MLS for that matter. When I mean fan, I am talking about ticket/merchandise buying, being glued to the TV for every game sort of thing. I do casually watch here and there.

I'm also not masquerading as a girl. I just went with a funny user name. You know the reference right?

Not into humping apple pie.
Veteran

by alphamale111 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:23 pm

sth1988 wrote:I was playing hockey last night and cramped up and couldn't continue. My training has been consistant. I didn't have any cramping in previous years. The only thing I can think of is that figure skaters were on the ice before us. :D

Actually ice surface can affect the legs as well.... There have been documented games where players complained about the surface... improperly cleaned, hard, chippy, soft, melting ice. Players and game play is affected.

And the media covered those stories.
Veteran

by alphamale111 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:34 pm

The bottom line is surfaces affect play. I've played on sloppy, muddy, dry and lush pristine surfaces - soccer, football, baseball and ruby. Some were dangerous. While I never complained, I certainly took note, even took greater care running the ball when making a cut. Making fun of an athlete for saying so is not wrong. What is wrong is making fun of said athlete, fans or the sport. It's unprofessional and juvenile.
Veteran

by Stifler's Mom » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:
Stifler's Mom wrote:I would like you to reference certain posts to highlite this.

See for yourself. Click on your profile, then click "search user's posts", then read your past posts ... enough said.

That's what I thought. You clearly got nothing bro. You mad?
Rookie

by APSmooth » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:10 pm

perhaps the field would be in better condition if the fans stopped throwing crap onto it

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/12/11 ... 68976.html
Rookie

by OskeeweeneeVI » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:40 am

:rockin:
APSmooth wrote:perhaps the field would be in better condition if the fans stopped throwing crap onto it

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/12/11 ... 68976.html
Starter

by Neely2005 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:08 am

"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:11 pm

I didn't realize Black and Foley were at the TFC final game . Maybe that's why they felt entitled to respond . They actually support the team but not the comments made by their star . Makes sense to me .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by Argonauts est.1873 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Well the pitch is just fine for them to drive and roll around while faking injuries.

To blame the field for that loss is the most moronic comment I've heard from anyone involved with TFC. They got beat by their former goalie and then do what many soccer players do, whine. The biggest whiner filled the net during the year so WTF?

All-Star

PreviousNext