Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Stifler's Mom » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:Further more, on the RPB site they are saying that "pointy ball" players (Matt Black & Ricky Foley specifically) aren't in good physical condition compared to futebol players. Maybe cardio-wise futebol players are in better condition, but I'd like to see ANY futebol player run and also take/give a hit/tackle, play in and play out, and still be standing to finish a 60 minute game. Futebol players wouldn't last one hit/tackle, let alone if a snowflake landed on one.
I HATE TFC, but not so much World Cup.


It's not cardio. Soccer players would be vastly superior when it comes to their overall aerobic respiratory system and Vo2 max levels.
Rookie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by APSmooth » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:11 pm

ouchy
Attachments
soccer injury.JPG
ouch
User avatar
Rookie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Stifler's Mom wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:Further more, on the RPB site they are saying that "pointy ball" players (Matt Black & Ricky Foley specifically) aren't in good physical condition compared to futebol players. Maybe cardio-wise futebol players are in better condition, but I'd like to see ANY futebol player run and also take/give a hit/tackle, play in and play out, and still be standing to finish a 60 minute game. Futebol players wouldn't last one hit/tackle, let alone if a snowflake landed on one.
I HATE TFC, but not so much World Cup.


It's not cardio. Soccer players would be vastly superior when it comes to their overall aerobic respiratory system and Vo2 max levels.


Get lost TFC twink.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Stifler's Mom » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:
Stifler's Mom wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:Further more, on the RPB site they are saying that "pointy ball" players (Matt Black & Ricky Foley specifically) aren't in good physical condition compared to futebol players. Maybe cardio-wise futebol players are in better condition, but I'd like to see ANY futebol player run and also take/give a hit/tackle, play in and play out, and still be standing to finish a 60 minute game. Futebol players wouldn't last one hit/tackle, let alone if a snowflake landed on one.
I HATE TFC, but not so much World Cup.


It's not cardio. Soccer players would be vastly superior when it comes to their overall aerobic respiratory system and Vo2 max levels.


Get lost TFC twink.


I'm not a TFC fan you closeted homo. I am simply a neutral voice of calm and reason. Like big Joe, I grew up playing both sports.
Rookie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by PTBO Dave » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Stifler's Mom wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:Further more, on the RPB site they are saying that "pointy ball" players (Matt Black & Ricky Foley specifically) aren't in good physical condition compared to futebol players. Maybe cardio-wise futebol players are in better condition, but I'd like to see ANY futebol player run and also take/give a hit/tackle, play in and play out, and still be standing to finish a 60 minute game. Futebol players wouldn't last one hit/tackle, let alone if a snowflake landed on one.
I HATE TFC, but not so much World Cup.


It's not cardio. Soccer players would be vastly superior when it comes to their overall aerobic respiratory system and Vo2 max levels.


It's true. Soccer players have better cardio/aerobic fitness but vastly inferior strength/explosiveness/anaerobic fitness. Two different sports with two different styles of athlete required. You'll always find the fastest and strongest athletes (and slowest, just look at any o-line) on a gridiron football team and the athletes with the greater cardio endurance on an association/soccer football team. The top MLS players couldn't make it through a CFL game any more than a top CFLer could make it through an MLS game.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Hammertown Proud » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:18 pm

not neutral. not calm. not reason.

to suggest a fifth tier soccer player who would be a walmart greeter if it wasn't for the fifth tier league is in better shape than a CFL player shows you are not "neutral", "calm" or "reasonable".

just shows you are silly.

now a real soccer player, that may be different.

not silly MLS players. almost funny to even consider.
Starter
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Hammertown Proud » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:32 pm

also, professional speed skaters likely skate a ton more than a NHL hockey player.

not many speed skaters are able to play in the NHL.

that is how I see the comparison between soccer and football...

soccer players run up and down a field, uninterrupted.....not exactly difficult.

and if there is "interruption", they flail around the field making sure EVERYONE knows they were touched....yah....those are the athletes, lol.
Starter
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:07 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Stifler's Mom » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Hammertown Proud wrote:not neutral. not calm. not reason.

to suggest a fifth tier soccer player who would be a walmart greeter if it wasn't for the fifth tier league is in better shape than a CFL player shows you are not "neutral", "calm" or "reasonable".

just shows you are silly.

now a real soccer player, that may be different.

not silly MLS players. almost funny to even consider.


Competitive soccer is competitive soccer no matter what the level is. A competitive soccer player in MLS is going to have very similar levels of conditioning when compared to one from the bigger leagues. You're silly to assume otherwise.
Rookie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Stifler's Mom » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:12 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
Stifler's Mom wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:Further more, on the RPB site they are saying that "pointy ball" players (Matt Black & Ricky Foley specifically) aren't in good physical condition compared to futebol players. Maybe cardio-wise futebol players are in better condition, but I'd like to see ANY futebol player run and also take/give a hit/tackle, play in and play out, and still be standing to finish a 60 minute game. Futebol players wouldn't last one hit/tackle, let alone if a snowflake landed on one.
I HATE TFC, but not so much World Cup.


It's not cardio. Soccer players would be vastly superior when it comes to their overall aerobic respiratory system and Vo2 max levels.


It's true. Soccer players have better cardio/aerobic fitness but vastly inferior strength/explosiveness/anaerobic fitness. Two different sports with two different styles of athlete required. You'll always find the fastest and strongest athletes (and slowest, just look at any o-line) on a gridiron football team and the athletes with the greater cardio endurance on an association/soccer football team. The top MLS players couldn't make it through a CFL game any more than a top CFLer could make it through an MLS game.


Maximum upper body strength would obviously be grid iron players. Explosiveness and anaerobic fitness ultimately depends on the player himself in either sport. For every gridiron football player that displays explosiveness and acceptional anaerobic fitness (high intensity, running top speed for 10 to 15 seconds) like Marshawn Lynch or Terrel Owens there is a soccer player that displays equal levels of athletic prowess like Cristiano Ronaldo or Arjen Robben.
Rookie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by brihind88 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 pm

I laughed when I read, that Giovinco was not named to the Italian national team because he is " just in the MLS"

European and South American soccer leagues consider MLS to be a tier 2 league. As do I.

Kind of like the Bulgarian Hockey League . :lol:

Also, in the CONCAC ( whatever ) Champions Cup tournament the LIGA MX ( Mexican League ) teams have total domination over the top MLS teams.

I do not follow it, but I do look up the wikipedia results just for general info.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by -Hammer- » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:01 pm

brihind88 wrote:I laughed when I read, that Giovinco was not named to the Italian national team because he is " just in the MLS"

European and South American soccer leagues consider MLS to be a tier 2 league. As do I.

Kind of like the Bulgarian Hockey League . :lol:

Also, in the CONCAC ( whatever ) Champions Cup tournament the LIGA MX ( Mexican League ) teams have total domination over the top MLS teams.

I do not follow it, but I do look up the wikipedia results just for general info.


My opinion of MLS on where is ranks on the world stage, is somewhere between second and third rate. I'm skeptical that MLS teams would consistently beat Division 2 English teams, but I'm fairly confident that they would consistently beat 3rd division teams.

That said, at the end of the day, who cares? People still watch the KHL, people still pay money to watch the Swiss league and the AHL is still around after 8 decades. Some people don't watch the higher talented NFL game because their local CFL team is of far more interest. Different strokes for different folks.
Image
Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton - Naufrage des navires depuis 1869
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by -Hammer- » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:04 pm

Stifler's Mom wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:It's true. Soccer players have better cardio/aerobic fitness but vastly inferior strength/explosiveness/anaerobic fitness. Two different sports with two different styles of athlete required. You'll always find the fastest and strongest athletes (and slowest, just look at any o-line) on a gridiron football team and the athletes with the greater cardio endurance on an association/soccer football team. The top MLS players couldn't make it through a CFL game any more than a top CFLer could make it through an MLS game.


Maximum upper body strength would obviously be grid iron players. Explosiveness and anaerobic fitness ultimately depends on the player himself in either sport. For every gridiron football player that displays explosiveness and acceptional anaerobic fitness (high intensity, running top speed for 10 to 15 seconds) like Marshawn Lynch or Terrel Owens there is a soccer player that displays equal levels of athletic prowess like Cristiano Ronaldo or Arjen Robben.


So....we can all agree that Football players likely couldn't play Soccer at the top professional level, and Soccer players likely couldn't play Football at the top professional level, and that atheletes, regardless of the sports they play are the top atheletes in their respective games, so claiming the other isn't an athelete because they play a sport I don't like is both ignorant and silly?
Image
Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton - Naufrage des navires depuis 1869
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Stifler's Mom » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

-Hammer- wrote:
Stifler's Mom wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:It's true. Soccer players have better cardio/aerobic fitness but vastly inferior strength/explosiveness/anaerobic fitness. Two different sports with two different styles of athlete required. You'll always find the fastest and strongest athletes (and slowest, just look at any o-line) on a gridiron football team and the athletes with the greater cardio endurance on an association/soccer football team. The top MLS players couldn't make it through a CFL game any more than a top CFLer could make it through an MLS game.


Maximum upper body strength would obviously be grid iron players. Explosiveness and anaerobic fitness ultimately depends on the player himself in either sport. For every gridiron football player that displays explosiveness and acceptional anaerobic fitness (high intensity, running top speed for 10 to 15 seconds) like Marshawn Lynch or Terrel Owens there is a soccer player that displays equal levels of athletic prowess like Cristiano Ronaldo or Arjen Robben.


So....we can all agree that Football players likely couldn't play Soccer at the top professional level, and Soccer players likely couldn't play Football at the top professional level, and that atheletes, regardless of the sports they play are the top atheletes in their respective games, so claiming the other isn't an athelete because they play a sport I don't like is both ignorant and silly?


Absolutely. I don't get why this argument came about to begin with.
Rookie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:33 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:42 am

[quote="Stifler's Mom]
Absolutely. I don't get why this argument came about to begin with.[/quote]

Ask your RPB buddies on their website, TFC troll. That's where, as I stated above, this is where athleticism BS is spewing from.
(and yes, I look at the RPB website when "things erupt" to see what all the constant whining is about).

It's funny how ALL 38 of your posts talk about TFC, futebol positively, and talk about the Grey Cup, Argos, CFL, negatively!
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am

Re: Media's double standards on CFL and MLS

by Xvys » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:25 am

Stifler who joined this forum two weeks ago, doesn't seem like much of a CFL or Argos fan does he (and he's probably just masquerading as a girl?) There are other posters I wonder about too, like the loquacious TravelPat who's made thousands of posts (11.5 per day) over the past year and has he ever wrote anything positive about the CFL? I see lots of boosterism about TFC, MLS, BJ's, Raptors and that he goes to Buffalo Bills games, etc. Don't those sports have forums too? :|
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 2880
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:42 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests