Blue Jays and MLB 2017

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by rcon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:52 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Undefeated since the All Star break! :P

OK - that was just to get Kevin and rcon riled.

But the good news is that 3 of the players that MUST be much better in the second half of the season for the Jays to have ANY chance - had a good night.

2 RBI's for each of Donaldson and Bautista - who both must be WAY better the second half for the Jays to have even a remote chance. And just as important - a great start from Sanchez. 6 innings - giving up no earned runs.

Tough stretch of the schedule though. Before the All Star break they managed to split a 4 game series with the best team in the AL - Houston. But after this Detroit series it is on to Boston for four games and then Cleveland for three - the other two teams in the Top 3 of the American League. 9 more games on the road though before they return home. This 10 game road trip - they need at least 6 wins IMO.


Yay!!! Pat's is back on the wagon again! :wink: :D
All-Star
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:15 am

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 pm

rcon wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Undefeated since the All Star break! :P

OK - that was just to get Kevin and rcon riled.

But the good news is that 3 of the players that MUST be much better in the second half of the season for the Jays to have ANY chance - had a good night.

2 RBI's for each of Donaldson and Bautista - who both must be WAY better the second half for the Jays to have even a remote chance. And just as important - a great start from Sanchez. 6 innings - giving up no earned runs.

Tough stretch of the schedule though. Before the All Star break they managed to split a 4 game series with the best team in the AL - Houston. But after this Detroit series it is on to Boston for four games and then Cleveland for three - the other two teams in the Top 3 of the American League. 9 more games on the road though before they return home. This 10 game road trip - they need at least 6 wins IMO.


Yay!!! Pat's is back on the wagon again! :wink: :D

Since then the Jays have lost 2 straight - including walking in the winning run, today. :rockin:

Be careful jumping off the bandwagon, Patrick!!!
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by rcon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:37 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
rcon wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Undefeated since the All Star break! :P

OK - that was just to get Kevin and rcon riled.

But the good news is that 3 of the players that MUST be much better in the second half of the season for the Jays to have ANY chance - had a good night.

2 RBI's for each of Donaldson and Bautista - who both must be WAY better the second half for the Jays to have even a remote chance. And just as important - a great start from Sanchez. 6 innings - giving up no earned runs.

Tough stretch of the schedule though. Before the All Star break they managed to split a 4 game series with the best team in the AL - Houston. But after this Detroit series it is on to Boston for four games and then Cleveland for three - the other two teams in the Top 3 of the American League. 9 more games on the road though before they return home. This 10 game road trip - they need at least 6 wins IMO.


Yay!!! Pat's is back on the wagon again! :wink: :D

Since then the Jays have lost 2 straight - including walking in the winning run, today. :rockin:

Be careful jumping off the bandwagon, Patrick!!!


Oh darn, and now they face the Red Sox in Boston for 3. Was watching Sportsnet after game, poor ol' Hazel Mae was almost to tears announcing the Jays losing again. :rockin: :rockin:
All-Star
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:15 am

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:00 pm

rcon wrote:Oh darn, and now they face the Red Sox in Boston for 3:

Then they have Cleveland after that. Not looking good for the Blow Jays.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by Lyle B. Style » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:14 pm

rcon wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:
rcon wrote:
Yay!!! Pat's is back on the wagon again! :wink: :D

Since then the Jays have lost 2 straight - including walking in the winning run, today. :rockin:

Be careful jumping off the bandwagon, Patrick!!!


Oh darn, and now they face the Red Sox in Boston for 3. Was watching Sportsnet after game, poor ol' Hazel Mae was almost to tears announcing the Jays losing again. :rockin: :rockin:


The Hazel was totally downcast. Guess there won't be much piecework pay for post-season!
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:Guess there won't be much piecework pay for post-season!

:)
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by TravelPat1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 am

Should have included a 4th person in that list of Jays needing a much better second half for the Jays to even have a remote chance. That being Estrada - and since early June - he's been awful.

Yesterday staked to a 3 - 0 before he has to throw a pitch - and gave up 4 runs in just 3+ innings. Not nearly good enough.

I think this is going to be a tough week for the Jays. They'll be lucky to go 3-4 these next seven road games.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by Lyle B. Style » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:10 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Should have included a 4th person in that list of Jays needing a much better second half for the Jays to even have a remote chance. That being Estrada - and since early June - he's been awful.

Yesterday staked to a 3 - 0 before he has to throw a pitch - and gave up 4 runs in just 3+ innings. Not nearly good enough.

I think this is going to be a tough week for the Jays. They'll be lucky to go 3-4 these next seven road games.

Ì bet the Jays either win 1 or 2 games against the top flight Red Sox. They seem to thrive on top competition - mopes like Whifftista, Martin, Tulo, etc. showing they can still hang with the big boys. Win 1, lose 2, or win 2, lose 1 - the all-lemming broadcast team will still be selling hard - and Porky Wilner will die protecting another Rogers property.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Should have included a 4th person in that list of Jays needing a much better second half for the Jays to even have a remote chance. That being Estrada - and since early June - he's been awful.

Yesterday staked to a 3 - 0 before he has to throw a pitch - and gave up 4 runs in just 3+ innings. Not nearly good enough.

I think this is going to be a tough week for the Jays. They'll be lucky to go 3-4 these next seven road games.

Ì bet the Jays either win 1 or 2 games against the top flight Red Sox. They seem to thrive on top competition - mopes like Whifftista, Martin, Tulo, etc. showing they can still hang with the big boys. Win 1, lose 2, or win 2, lose 1 - the all-lemming broadcast team will still be selling hard - and Porky Wilner will die protecting another Rogers property.

Boston is also exhausted. They played a ton of baseball on the weekend.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by Lyle B. Style » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:47 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Should have included a 4th person in that list of Jays needing a much better second half for the Jays to even have a remote chance. That being Estrada - and since early June - he's been awful.

Yesterday staked to a 3 - 0 before he has to throw a pitch - and gave up 4 runs in just 3+ innings. Not nearly good enough.

I think this is going to be a tough week for the Jays. They'll be lucky to go 3-4 these next seven road games.

Ì bet the Jays either win 1 or 2 games against the top flight Red Sox. They seem to thrive on top competition - mopes like Whifftista, Martin, Tulo, etc. showing they can still hang with the big boys. Win 1, lose 2, or win 2, lose 1 - the all-lemming broadcast team will still be selling hard - and Porky Wilner will die protecting another Rogers property.

Boston is also exhausted. They played a ton of baseball on the weekend.


Should be able to nab the opener tonite - especially if Little Marco is pitching! Lots of BJ want out - but they know the protocol is to pretend they love Toronto. NEWSFLASH = NOBODY LOVES TORONTO!
Tulowhiffskey could easily be a near .245 hitter who field near gold glove levels; Whifftista could be a could pinch-hit threat off the bench in competing Milwaukee, Happ is still serviceable with a sober pitching coach. May as well trade that human shipwreck Devon Travis while we're at it.....
Only everyday guy on the Blow J's worth at least two starters = Josh Donaldson
Bring Russ Martin in to replace bloated Gibby - perhps Roy Halladay as pitching coach to replace the drunk.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by Lyle B. Style » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 pm

That Dung Poo Panda (Morales) closes his eyes, says his prayers & slams one off the green monster, driving in 2 in opening inning! 0-2 pitch yet!!!
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by Lyle B. Style » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 am

WHEELS . . . . . . FALLING . . . . . . .


OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF . . . . . . . . .

No reason to keep this thread going - other than when Rogers trades current group of dung poo pandas for someone else's dung poo pandas.....

MVP Donaldson looks like he has death wish to be a dung poo panda - his average drooping badly, he's sloppy in the field
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:44 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:WHEELS . . . . . . FALLING . . . . . . .


OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF . . . . . . . . .

No reason to keep this thread going - other than when Rogers trades current group of dung poo pandas for someone else's dung poo pandas.....

MVP Donaldson looks like he has death wish to be a dung poo panda - his average drooping badly, he's sloppy in the field

Yup. Even I've lost interest. When you lose all the time, it's stops being fun.

Better get use to this for the next 3 years, Patrick!!!
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by Lyle B. Style » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:39 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:WHEELS . . . . . . FALLING . . . . . . .


OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF . . . . . . . . .

No reason to keep this thread going - other than when Rogers trades current group of dung poo pandas for someone else's dung poo pandas.....

MVP Donaldson looks like he has death wish to be a dung poo panda - his average drooping badly, he's sloppy in the field

Yup. Even I've lost interest. When you lose all the time, it's stops being fun.

Better get use to this for the next 3 years, Patrick!!!


The stink of Rogers Media is on just bout every Jay player & coach. The most virulent infections are on: Gibby, Sanchez, Liriano, Whifftista, Tulowhiffskey, Martin, Pillar, Barney, Goins, DON'tbeaGenie, Happ, Maile, few more. Only guys immune to the Rogers virus (so far) - Osuna & Smoak. Donaldson recently caught the virus but his immunity might hold (if they can ship him to a contender)
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: Blue Jays and MLB 2017

by TravelPat1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Yay! Got the split - really should have taken 3 of 4. And Smoak continues to sizzle. Two more home runs making it 26 on the season.

Oh well - hopefully my Cats do as well tonight - but not holding my breath for that.

As for the Jays it is on to Cleveland!
All-Star
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests