What Made You Happy Today? (25 Words or Less)

Re: What Made You Happy Today? (25 Words or Less)

by KevinRiley2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:14 pm

My mouth guard is falling apart - I grind my teeth.  My dentist wants $400 to replace.  Amazon sells them for $100 USD. 

I'm going for it !
All-Star

by Preisst » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 pm

I'm happy that the NHL team based out of Montreal lost their playoff game today...... :rockin:
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:52 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:My mouth guard is falling apart - I grind my teeth.  My dentist wants $400 to replace.  Amazon sells them for $100 USD. 

I'm going for it !

Good for you Ryan! :thup:

Dentists charge too much :cowboy:
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 am

Thanks i guess lol
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:My mouth guard is falling apart - I grind my teeth.  My dentist wants $400 to replace.  Amazon sells them for $100 USD. 

I'm going for it !

Good for you Kevin! :thup:

Fixed it for you (wink).

Anyway, I ordered 2 and it costs me one fourth the price of what my Dentist would charge.

I`ll keep you guys updated as to the quality and ease of getting it.
All-Star

by Johnny Ticat slayer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:47 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:

I'm going for it !

Good for you Kevin! :thup:

Fixed it for you (wink).

Anyway, I ordered 2 and it costs me one fourth the price of what my Dentist would charge.

I`ll keep you guys updated as to the quality and ease of getting it.

Holy crap! What a brain fart by Johnny. Johnny just realised he wrote Ryan instead of Kevin. That Ryan must be getting to Johnny...
"Shut up Wesley!" Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Other than the one idiot who stole the dog crate - good news story of how Hamiltonians by the hundreds really stepped up to the plate with a ton of them out - even in the middle of the night in the rain searching for the dog from Halifax that somehow WestJet mistakenly flew to Hamilton - after the dog slipped its collar when Hamilton Airport people let him out for a walk.

Cooper is safe and sound. :-) (Cute dog)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ ... -1.4079268
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:12 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Other than the one idiot who stole the dog crate - good news story of how Hamiltonians by the hundreds really stepped up to the plate with a ton of them out - even in the middle of the night in the rain searching for the dog from Halifax that somehow WestJet mistakenly flew to Hamilton - after the dog slipped its collar when Hamilton Airport people let him out for a walk.

Cooper is safe and sound. :-) (Cute dog)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ ... -1.4079268

Great news, thanks for this update Pat.

All my dog-park group were talking about this this morning. Glad they found him safe. :thup:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 pm

The local Peterborough paper today has a story trumpeting our inclusion on Expedia's The 34 Most Breathtaking Places in North America list.

But then the writer includes this gem:

"The list is not based on an online vote. Shockingly, Oshawa and Hamilton also make the list, so it may need to be taken with a grain of salt."

I mean I like Peterborough and all, but I'm not sure we're in a position to take shots at other cities like this. :lol:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 pm

The place in Hamilton on the list is the vey beautiful Gage Park Tropical Greenhouse. 18,000+ square feet of gorgeous flowers.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Have to take a peak in there down at Gage Park sometime Travel, I've heard it's quite a beautiful display indeed.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:17 am

TravelPat1 wrote:The place in Hamilton on the list is the vey beautiful Gage Park Tropical Greenhouse. 18,000+ square feet of gorgeous flowers.

Pfft . . . that's nothing compared to what breath-taking Peterborough has to offer!

j/k, actually as soon as I read that dig against Hamilton and Oshawa, I thought of all the beautiful photos of Hamilton you've posted over the years. Will have to spend a day or two there sometime. :thup:

Is it still recommended for visiting Argos fans to wear something like this:?

-Confucius

All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:28 pm

My mom(my) watches the SAME Canadian Pickers episodes over and over and over, again. Yet, they somehow make her laugh, over and over and over, again. :thup:
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:53 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:j/k, actually as soon as I read that dig against Hamilton and Oshawa, I thought of all the beautiful photos of Hamilton you've posted over the years. Will have to spend a day or two there sometime. :thup:
Is it still recommended for visiting Argos fans to wear something like this:?

I liked visiting the Hammer. Used to go to the antique/junk shops on Locke St.
I like P'boro also (I'll be there in June/July.
Oshawa, not so much. :thdn:

Nice. Argo "head jock".
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:15 pm

I'm going for it !

The good and the bad...

Bought On-Line. When I tried to order, the system told me, "Order has not gone thru. Please try again". I did. Same error. Repeated over and over again. The next day, I checked my Credit Card, and I was billed 6 times. :x Ugggg!!! The Credit Card company said they will work with the vendor to fix it.

I received my putty and mouth trays in the mail, 1 week later.

Followed the instructions :

* Mixed the putty,
* Put putty into tray,
* Put tray into mouth,
* Try NOT to vomit,
* Held for 3 minutes,
* Took out.

Looks pretty good. Will mail to the U.S. and we'll see how the final product looks/feels.
Hope to get mouth guards by mid May.
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

PreviousNext