What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or Less)

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:19 pm

jamie wrote:Every woman I know would prefer a woman general practitioner doctor as opposed to a male doctor. Doesn't surprise me at all. It may change if competency comes into play. But all things being perceived as equal the women I know look to a woman doctor by a wide margin. When you hear how women are viewed here and elsewhere it is not surprising to me.

How do we treat women here?
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:33 pm

jamie wrote:Every woman I know would prefer a woman general practitioner doctor as opposed to a male doctor. Doesn't surprise me at all. It may change if competency comes into play. But all things being perceived as equal the women I know look to a woman doctor by a wide margin. When you hear how women are viewed here and elsewhere it is not surprising to me.

Ive had a women doctor all my life. Except for the last year she retired and now i gotta gay. Not surprisingly he is a lot smarter than old doctor.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by PTBO Dave » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I suppose it's understandable and common to develop that kind of bias against a race, ethnicity, gender, etc. if one has been mistreated by members of that race, ethnicity, gender, etc.

Having said that, I think that kind of inductive prejudice shown by a white only wanting a white doctor or a female only wanting a female doctor or a Jew only wanting Jewish doctor, etc. should be discouraged. We want society to progress to the point where people are judged by the content of their character, not by externalities.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:04 am

It's her, and her son's, loss.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Saw, for the first time in 30 years, a couple of my parent's friends. He's well but she has Alzheimer's. :thdn: What an awful disease. To his credit, he's a saint to care for her. :thup:
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:11 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Saw, for the first time in 30 years, a couple of my parent's friends. He's well but she has Alzheimer's. :thdn: What an awful disease. To his credit, he's a saint to care for her. :thup:

It is horrible .. My father in law has it and EVERY time we go see him I have to be introduced to him.
Most times he's happy thinking he got a new son in law ...but every once in a while he gets mad thinking we got married behind his back.
I couldn't even imagine how it feels on his end. Horrible
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:40 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Saw, for the first time in 30 years, a couple of my parent's friends. He's well but she has Alzheimer's. :thdn: What an awful disease. To his credit, he's a saint to care for her. :thup:

It is horrible .. My father in law has it and EVERY time we go see him I have to be introduced to him.
Most times he's happy thinking he got a new son in law ...but every once in a while he gets mad thinking we got married behind his back.
I couldn't even imagine how it feels on his end. Horrible

Horrible is right...

She just nods and makes soft noises while he talks. She is incapable of following a conversation. Again, he's a SAINT because it must be tough to be her caregiver.

What's awful... when you ask him about her, he discusses her condition, with her 2 feet away, knowing she will not remember/understand what he's saying. It has an eerie surreal quality to it.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:51 pm

On a day like today where so many Canadians - gay AND straight celebrate the LGBT community it is sad to see what is happening as gay rights are rolled back in places like Russia - and in Turkey - which as recently as 3-4 years ago had a vibrant Gay Pride celebration in Istanbul..

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/25/europe/is ... index.html
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Just thinking again, from watching more news, about that cladding on the apartment building that burned and killed so many, in London Engl and how it's a shame that it took this sort of incident to get this cladding changed on other buildings. Unfortunately it sometimes does require a horrendous incident to change things things though. :cry:
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:18 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:On a day like today where so many Canadians - gay AND straight celebrate the LGBT community it is sad to see what is happening as gay rights are rolled back in places like Russia - and in Turkey - which as recently as 3-4 years ago had a vibrant Gay Pride celebration in Istanbul..

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/25/europe/is ... index.html

The CBC was discussing how far the parade has coming in Canada. It's impressive.

I remember, 35 years ago, being thought of as "gay" was the worst thing in the world. Now, in 2017, it's a non event.

Good for you and your group, Patrick. You've come a long way, baby! ;) :thup:
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Canadian dollar.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 pm

I wish someone would run an article, in a major newspaper, or write a book, about how far the CFL has come in the last 20 years. Pure positivity.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:44 pm

People who raise money on Fund sights, and then abuse it.

If you ask people for money, a) you better be dying, and b) you better pinch every penny. 

Sadly, some people didn't get the memo, and they ruin it for others.
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by West » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Ryan apparently getting the ban hammer. I hope he returns
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:49 pm

West wrote:Ryan apparently getting the ban hammer. I hope he returns

Me, too.

Come back to the 5 and Dime, Ryan3434, Ryan3434.
All-Star

PreviousNext