What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or Less)

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Aaron Hernandez killing himself. Not sure why it bothered me, but it did.

There are people way more deserving of your sympathy...or whatever it is your feeling

You're right.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by West » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:43 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Aaron Hernandez killing himself. Not sure why it bothered me, but it did.


Yes. Probably one of the biggest fall from grace stories. He had it all. Money, fame, a good looking fiancee and a little girl. In one night he throws it all away by killing his friend then takes his own life. I feel sorry for his little girl and fiancee.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by beaglehound » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:31 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Aaron Hernandez killing himself. Not sure why it bothered me, but it did.


I don't know Kevin but I'm sure you're not alone. It may have bothered you because you are appreciating the gravity of the tragic ending to life that had so much promise and potential.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4897
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:44 pm

beaglehound wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Aaron Hernandez killing himself. Not sure why it bothered me, but it did.


I don't know Kevin but I'm sure you're not alone. It may have bothered you because you are appreciating the gravity of the tragic ending to life that had so much promise and potential.

Not sure. It's just sad.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by beaglehound » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:44 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
beaglehound wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Aaron Hernandez killing himself. Not sure why it bothered me, but it did.


I don't know Kevin but I'm sure you're not alone. It may have bothered you because you are appreciating the gravity of the tragic ending to life that had so much promise and potential.

Not sure. It's just sad.


Yes, it is sad. I felt a sense of sadness. No one likes to see a young person mess up his life the way Hernandez did and then take his own life leaving behind a little 4 year old and from what I understand a lovely woman who considered herself his wife and I'm sure loved him very much. That is the part that makes me sad.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4897
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:02 pm

What eats at me is that society seems to be devolving into fascism. At least in the western world. Everyone wants to control how we speak and think.

Isn't this going in the opposite direction of what our forefathers fought and died for?
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by bobo82 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:
beaglehound wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Aaron Hernandez killing himself. Not sure why it bothered me, but it did.


I don't know Kevin but I'm sure you're not alone. It may have bothered you because you are appreciating the gravity of the tragic ending to life that had so much promise and potential.

Not sure. It's just sad.


Aaron Hernandez offing himself = one less convict in this world that has to be housed and fed . Yes feel sorry and sad for his little girl , feel sorry and sad for his wife...BUT feel especially sorry and sad for the family of Odin Lloyd whose life was callously taken away by Hernandez .......BUT don't feel sorry for the likes of an Aaron Hernandez and his decision to take his own life . He's not the victim here , he is just another example of someone who had it all in life and pissed it all away .

Aaron Hernandez got what was coming to him and certainly doesn't deserve anyone's pity or sadness . It's sad that anybody would actually feel sad about how Aaron Hernandez chose to end his life . Unfortunately at least he had a choice unlike Odin Lloyd who had no choice when he tragically had his life , a life that had so much promise and potential ended when he was tragically gunned down and murdered by Hernandez at the young age of only 27 . The same age ironically as Hernandez was when he was found hanging in his jail cell .

I'm sorry that this wasn't said in 25 words or less BUT I strongly feel that it had to be said period .
Last edited by bobo82 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by beaglehound » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 am

@Bobo82

Bobo, I didn't take Kevin's comment to mean that he felt sympathy for Hernandez or that he was implying that. He said he was feeling a sadness for what all happened. A person can feel feel sadness for a situation without feeling sorry for, in this case, Hernandez himself. Just my opinion.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4897
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by West » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 pm

bobo82 wrote:Fernandez.


Racism? :wink:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm

beaglehound wrote:@Bobo82

Bobo, I didn't take Kevin's comment to mean that he felt sympathy for Hernandez or that he was implying that. He said he was feeling a sadness for what all happened. A person can feel feel sadness for a situation without feeling sorry for, in this case, Hernandez himself. Just my opinion.

Thanks, Beagle. I appreciate you always having my back.

TBH, I felt sorry for Hernandez and the fact that he felt the need to kill himself. It's sad when life gets to that point.

My theory...

He just beat the double murder conviction - something that gave him a reason to fight/live. While he was in court, it didn't sink in that there was no light at the end of the tunnel. After his "win", it hit him that his battle was over, and he was going to spend the rest of his life alone and in prison.

Anyway, that's my thinking and it's sad.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by beaglehound » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:16 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
beaglehound wrote:@Bobo82

Bobo, I didn't take Kevin's comment to mean that he felt sympathy for Hernandez or that he was implying that. He said he was feeling a sadness for what all happened. A person can feel feel sadness for a situation without feeling sorry for, in this case, Hernandez himself. Just my opinion.

Thanks, Beagle. I appreciate you always having my back.

TBH, I felt sorry for Hernandez and the fact that he felt the need to kill himself. It's sad when life gets to that point.

My theory...

He just beat the double murder conviction - something that gave him a reason to fight/live. While he was in court, it didn't sink in that there was no light at the end of the tunnel. After his "win", it hit him that his battle was over, and he was going to spend the rest of his life alone and in prison.

Anyway, that's my thinking and it's sad.


Then I misunderstood you Kevin and Bobo took your comments as intended.

Sorry Bobo82! :oops:


Kevin,
I think both you and Bobo make very good points. Bobo is right when he says the guy took the life of an innocent young man who was only 27 years old himself suggesting we should never forget that. Did Hernandez do everyone a favour by extinguishing his own life facing the prospect of living behind bars for the rest of his life? Well he certainly saved tax payers over $100 000 a year to house him. And I'm sure there are those who believe he should have received the death penalty after all that is the sentence he handed down to the young man he killed.

While Hernandez reaches the young age of 47 he will have been in prison for 20+ years with who knows how many more years remaining. There are others who share the same fate. I can't comment on the quality of what his life would be like as a lifer but many others who have been in prison for decades have made whatever they are able to out of their lives.

One can feel sorrow in different ways. For example I may feel sorry for you if you were diagnosed with a terminal illness and had only months to live. Pity is another kind of sorrow but may be brought to the surface for a much different reason. In the Hernandez case it may be pity that you are feeling Kevin. I agree with you. Though he beat the wrap on a double murder charge he still faced the prospect of never really being a father or a husband. And as you say it probably sunk in that he would be behind bars for the rest of his natural life. He just did not see that as an option.

I think sadness is a natural reaction we experience when we see or hear of any tragic waste of a human life in situations like this.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 4897
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:29 pm

beaglehound wrote:I think sadness is a natural reaction we experience when we see or hear of any tragic waste of a human life in situations like this.

It's sad that we can't fix our mistakes. I have no idea whether he had regrets, but I know we've all been there (not murder, of course) where we want to turn back time, but we can't. It's a sick feeling.
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by bobo82 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:38 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
beaglehound wrote:@Bobo82

Bobo, I didn't take Kevin's comment to mean that he felt sympathy for Hernandez or that he was implying that. He said he was feeling a sadness for what all happened. A person can feel feel sadness for a situation without feeling sorry for, in this case, Hernandez himself. Just my opinion.

Thanks, Beagle. I appreciate you always having my back.

TBH, I felt sorry for Hernandez and the fact that he felt the need to kill himself. It's sad when life gets to that point.

My theory...

He just beat the double murder conviction - something that gave him a reason to fight/live. While he was in court, it didn't sink in that there was no light at the end of the tunnel. After his "win", it hit him that his battle was over, and he was going to spend the rest of his life alone and in prison.

Anyway, that's my thinking and it's sad.


After his "win" , it hit him that his battle was over, and he was going to spend the rest of his life alone and in prison .

Hernandez should of thought of what the consequences might have been BEFORE he decided to shoot and murder Odin Lloyd in the first place . Let's face it here Kev your priorities and sadness are misplaced on this one . Like I said in my earlier post have sympathy and sadness for the victim Odin Lloyd and his family . Also have sympathy for his little girl and his wife BUT having sympathy for a scumbag like Hernandez who had it all and threw it all away by deciding to take another humans live by callously murdering him is deeply bent in my books.

Hypothetical Question here for you Kev : If it was reported tonight on the news that Paul Bernardo had just hung himself in his cell , would you feel sorry for him ? would you think it's sad ?
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:06 pm

bobo82 wrote:Hernandez should of thought of what the consequences might have been BEFORE he decided to shoot and murder Odin Lloyd in the first place . Let's face it here Kev your priorities and sadness are misplaced on this one . Like I said in my earlier post have sympathy and sadness for the victim Odin Lloyd and his family . Also have sympathy for his little girl and his wife BUT having sympathy for a scumbag like Hernandez who had it all and threw it all away by deciding to take another humans live by callously murdering him is deeply bent in my books.

That's fair and you're right.
bobo82 wrote:Hypothetical Question here for you Kev : If it was reported tonight on the news that Paul Bernardo had just hung himself in his cell , would you feel sorry for him ? would you think it's sad ?

No. No I wouldn't. Not sure why there is a difference.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8093
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: What's Eating At You? What's Riding You? (25 Words or L

by oo DAWG oo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm

This is why there is a difference...
One hits close to home the other one doesn't so victims dont matter as much... Or your on the page as Odins life was not worth as much a those girls...

Does this make you feel better?
As soon as he killed himself the stupid laws that are up there just deemed him Innocent...innocent of a crime he was already guilty of.
Just because he had an appeal pending how upsetting that must me for the family. Now they just lost their justice and all the civil suits too.

Sorry Kevin cannot get anywhere near on board with you on this one.

This was not a "mistake" he chose to live like that and pull that trigger
All-Star
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:44 am

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: argonaut11xx and 6 guests