American politics

Re: American politics

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:04 pm

All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Trump Tweet...

The ABC/Washington Post Poll, even though almost 40% is not bad at this time, was just about the most inaccurate poll around election time!

Trump rounded UP... Why not round it up to 80%? It's "almost" 80%, isn't it? :lol:
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Trump's lawyer blaming the Secret Service for the Donald Trump Jr meeting. :lol:

That a boy! Blame the people who protect your client. :roll:
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:42 pm

While I wish Mr. McCain well, it looks like he won't be back for at least 2 weeks, and perhaps up to a month. Enough time for a CBO score and for the Lefties to pressure their Senators to vote NO. :thup:

McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... spartanntp

Long live John McCain.

Love live Obama-Care.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:45 pm

:lol:
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Carl Bernstein pretty succinctly summarizes where things stand as of today.

- http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017 ... sot-rs.cnn
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:12 pm

I have to admit, if/when Trump leaves office, I will miss him. The last 6 months, if nothing else, have been a LOT of fun.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:28 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:While I wish Mr. McCain well, it looks like he won't be back for at least 2 weeks, and perhaps up to a month. Enough time for a CBO score and for the Lefties to pressure their Senators to vote NO. :thup:

Long live John McCain.

Love live Obama-Care.

Kevin, you might not realize that ObamaCare has been slowly dying all the same since late 2015 though can die more slowly only in some respects. Most insurers have dropped out such that many in any given county have a choice of only one insurance company. To cry long live ObamaCare is a farce and inaccurate, whatever your level of undying love for Obama, as it continues to die no matter what.

With Republican inaction, for only those who are very poor and who are on Medicaid in about 32 states or so, with most working people not "poor enough," ObamaCare will die a bit more slowly though.

Whatever happens now with healthcare in the US will, on some continued basis, be worse including for lack of affordability and choice for dominantly most working Americans.

On a dominant basis in November, most working people without solid insurance at work and largely only in certain states or metro areas, will be faced with far worse and/or more expensive options than since at least late 2012 for 2013 in the last year before ObamaCare.

I know the matter well also having not had insurance or only crappy insurance with numerous exclusions from late 2008 to 2013 (PA and FL) followed by the very best of ObamaCare from February 2014 through February 2016 (FL and IN), which was anywhere from average in price to expensive depending on my income.

In March 2016 in Indiana finally I was able to obtain good and affordable insurance through my union at the time and since through employers here in PA in a labour-friendly state.

I see no grounds for optimism on this front of affordable healthcare for more Americans no matter which way things go with this Republican Congress building on the bipartisan folly of the preceding Democratic administration and Republican Congresses.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Paolo X wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:While I wish Mr. McCain well, it looks like he won't be back for at least 2 weeks, and perhaps up to a month. Enough time for a CBO score and for the Lefties to pressure their Senators to vote NO. :thup:

Long live John McCain.

Love live Obama-Care.

Kevin, you might not realize that ObamaCare has been slowly dying all the same since late 2015 though can die more slowly only in some respects. Most insurers have dropped out such that many in any given county have a choice of only one insurance company. To cry long live ObamaCare is a farce and inaccurate, whatever your level of undying love for Obama, as it continues to die no matter what.

With Republican inaction, for only those who are very poor and who are on Medicaid in about 32 states or so, with most working people not "poor enough," ObamaCare will die a bit more slowly though.

Whatever happens healthcare will on some continued basis be worse including for lack of affordability.

On a dominant basis in November, most working people without solid insurance at work and largely only in certain states or metro areas, will be faced with worse and/or more expensive options than since at least late 2012 for 2013 in the last year before ObamaCare.

I know the matter well having not had insurance or only crappy insurance with numerous exclusions from late 2008 to 2013 followed by the very best of ObamaCare from February 2014 through February 2016, which was anywhere from average in price to expensive depending on my income.

In March 2016 finally I was able to obtain good and affordable insurance through my union at the time and since through employers here in PA in a labour-friendly state.

I see no grounds for optimism on this front of affordable healthcare for more Americans no matter which way things go with this Republican Congress building on the bipartisan folly of the preceding Democratic administration and Republican Congresses.

I know it's dying a slow painful death, but because it irks the Righties soooo much, it's worth keeping around.

Hopefully, the GOP will work with the Dems to get it right.
All-Star

by Paolo X » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:I have to admit, if/when Trump leaves office, I will miss him. The last 6 months, if nothing else, have been a LOT of fun.

Yeah yeah yeah and you and your love for that Mike Pence, the discriminatory and right-wing former governor of Indiana who is well to the right of Trump on all matters, only based on shared religion? I share that religion as well, but it sure does not blind me to the reality millions in Indiana had to live under that guy unless they were rich. :thdn: :thdn:

I'd rather have all the brutal nonsense we have now work itself out than have installed Darth Cheney 2.0 in that Mike Pence so as to expedite folly and march us down the road towards fascism akin to the time period after 9/11 when no expense for "national security" could be spared and no criticism could be tolerated because then one would be a "terrorist sympathizer" and the like. :roll:
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Paolo X wrote:Yeah yeah yeah and you and your love for that Mike Pence

He's a good man!!! :thup:
All-Star

by Paolo X » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:42 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:

Maybe only IN the church, but otherwise no (expletive) way no way.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Paolo X wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:

Maybe only IN the church, but otherwise no (expletive) way no way.

TBH, I couldn't pick him out of a line-up, but I want another Catholic President and I want Trump out so... Until 2020, it's a price I'm willing to pay.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
I do give people like you [west] and beagle credit though. If you read some of your posts from several weeks ago compared to recent ones as the Trump team's stories keep changing as they keep getting caught in lies - you've become quite good seemlessly moving your goalposts right in step with the Trump team.

I'm guessing you [west] and beagle are going to have lots of practice at that skill in coming weeks. You might want to put your goalposts on wheels now. I'm pretty sure that will come in handy for you.

Cut the BS TravelPat and the sarcasm. This isn't a "West and Beagle" against TravelPat so stop making it all about you.

You are obsessed about President Donald Trump. OBSSESSED! Do you understand? I am surprised you have not suffered an aneurysm and I don't say that lightly or sarcastically. I really mean it. I've never ever seen someone so pre-occupied, no that should be so CONSUMED and obsessed with someone else as you. It is really quite unhealthy and it's really quite difficult to understand why you are like this. Maybe you like the attention or the challenge. Or maybe you just like to shoot the breeze and see how sarcastic you can be. Who really knows? Who really cares?

Do I think Trump could do things differently in certain areas? Sure he could and I hope he does. Do I think the guy is everything you believe he is? No, I don't. If he is the liar and the corrupt individual you and crap news networks like CNN believe the man to be then hopefully that will come out. And if he is exonerated will you be able to live with that? Or will you say he bought everyone off?

You are no fan of Trump. Okay, we all here on the CFL forums get it. But why are you so freaking obsessing with Donald Trump? And you know what is so ironic? You live in Canada for crying out out loud! Canada! If you think this guy is such an incompetent buffoon and a menace so be it but millions of Americans don't agree with you. Are you going to fight them all? Why the heck should you care to the point that you appear to need intervention lest you drop dead from a heart attack? Gosh man give it a rest for crying out loud! The sun is still going to rise in the morning whether Trump is the POTUS or someone else is.
Last edited by beaglehound on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:59 pm

beaglehound wrote:Cut the BS TravelPat and the sarcasm. This isn't a "West and Beagle" against TravelPat so stop making it all about you....

Pat's a good guy, BH. Pat was just trying to make an argument in a good natured way.

As a Leftie, I understand his dislike for Trump.
All-Star

PreviousNext