American politics

Re: American politics

by ryan3434 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:55 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Let me try to explain ryan.

Russia and their allies Iran, Syria, Hezollah etc are no friends of Israel. If Trump gave up classified information that could help them identity some of Israeli intelligence sources - that's not good folks.

Lol.. Ohh dear Pat..
Can i request someone else try explaining than

How about an explanation from the former head of Mossad (Israel's CIA) - see if you can understand his explanation Ryan

FORMER MOSSAD CHIEF: ALLEGED TRUMP SLIP TO RUSSIA COULD BE 'GRAVE VIOLATION'

If Monday night’s Washington Post report that US President Donald Trump recently revealed classified information to Russia is true, it would be a “grave violation” of intelligence sharing protocol and “could lead to harm to the source,” former Mossad director Danny Yatom told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.

“if someone gives the US very sensitive information…it is prohibited to give the information to a third party – for sure not to Russia who has ties with Iran and Syria.”

The former Mossad director added that, “if the information is sensitive, it can harm the security of the intelligence source or lead to other damage.”

Regarding the Trump administration’s statements denying the sharing any intelligence methods or sources, he said “sometimes damage is caused from the content of the revelation, even if he does not say the methods and sources.”

“The fact that you have very high quality sensitive intelligence can lead to revealing the source. Such an event could help Russia prevent the source from giving further information on potential Russia-Syria operations."

This would be of concern to all US allies, including Israel, about sharing intelligence with the Trump administration.

The news reports about Trump's leak to the Russians left out the specific information that intelligence sources asked be left out in order to protect the sources. Information Trump apparently did not keep to himself when talking to the Russians.

Thats great. But my question was/is the media. Is it safer for Trump saying something in Private..which may or may not get back to Syria or Iran and than to ISIS or.. The media taking said leak and running it out there for everyone to see.. Including ISIS.

What would get the spys killed faster?
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by West » Thu May 18, 2017 12:52 am

RedandWhite wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Putin can't win.

...disagree, if there is one guy on the planet that is winning it's Vlad....

Exactly.

File charges. Don't file charges. But all these 'shoes dropping' while would make a good movie is damaging to the country.

At least when the investigation concludes and we find out this was a conspiracy theory cooked up by the left they won't have a chance at winning another election.
Last edited by West on Thu May 18, 2017 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by West » Thu May 18, 2017 12:56 am

TravelPat1 wrote:As for Kasich not supporting Trump after signing the pledge at the beginning of the primary seaon. Yes that did show intergrity. The integrity of somebody who displayed loyalty to country over party. As he said last night after 13 months of appearing in multiple debates on stage with Trump he could not in good conscience support him because what he saw - alarmed him. And as he said 'Not to say I told you so' - but the result is exactly what he thought it would be. The chaos and scandals we're seeing on an almost daily basis.

I forgot you admire the whiny ones like Hillary Clinton and John Kasich who can't take losing well. You are like a couple peas in a pod.
All-Star

by West » Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 am

TravelPat1 wrote:And tonight's breaking news shoe drop from the centipede is another very big one ..........

The United States Department of Justice has announced that a special counsel has been appointed to investigate Russian interference into last year's presidential election and links or coordination with the campaign of President Donald Trump.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller was assigned by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to "oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election, and related matters."

In a statement, Rosenstein said, "My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/robert-m ... d=47472673

And?

It's a good decision by Rosenstein.

Takes politics out of it. This is a man respected by both parties as he served under Democrats and Republicans.

Yet there are still some leftists out there criticizing the move. Why? Because they know he's a man who isn't going to leak like the last guy and they can't control him. I guess if you can't beat em come up with some conspiracy theory.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 am

Republicans and Democrats will see to it that Trump is gone.
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Thu May 18, 2017 5:27 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Well - the bad news Kevin is that even though we'll get lots of good stuff the next few weeks coming out of the ongoing Congrssional hearings and investigations of the Russia and possible Trump collusion story including Comey testimony - we likely won't hear much from Mueller's independent investigation for several months.

One possible piece of good news though is that among all the powers he'll have will be the ability to subpoena Trump's taxes as part of his investigation which should give investigators a lot of useful information.

Could be years of a brown-crap cloud hanging over the current WH. Even if there is no evidence of collusion/collaboration in end the damage is already done.
Veteran

by Aerial » Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 am

Maybe some people who want Trump impeached better watch what they wish for. :D

Please don’t impeach Donald Trump: Hepburn - Mike Pence could be a disaster as president for liberal-minded Americans

For anti-Trump people who wish to see him dumped, though, the prospect of Mike Pence should be chilling. He’s a true believer, a devout evangelistic Christian, a hard-line conservative on social issues, a get-tough-on-crime advocate, a hawk on foreign and defence issues and a guy with a history of attacks on civil rights and freedoms.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2017/05 ... pburn.html
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Is Flynn going to create problems for Pence now too?

Reports are that Flynn had advised the transition team that he was under investigation - a transition team Pence headed.

Pence is denying he knew of that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 101831354/
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:01 pm

Aerial wrote:Maybe some people who want Trump impeached better watch what they wish for. :D

Please don’t impeach Donald Trump: Hepburn - Mike Pence could be a disaster as president for liberal-minded Americans

For anti-Trump people who wish to see him dumped, though, the prospect of Mike Pence should be chilling. He’s a true believer, a devout evangelistic Christian, a hard-line conservative on social issues, a get-tough-on-crime advocate, a hawk on foreign and defence issues and a guy with a history of attacks on civil rights and freedoms.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2017/05 ... pburn.html

I said this months ago. As crazy as Trump is, he's still left of the Nazi GOP players that would replace him. Seems the author of the article even stole my "Be careful what you wish for". Maybe he/she is a CFL fan (wink).
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Thu May 18, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:Republicans and Democrats will see to it that Trump is gone.

To impeach Trump, they would need 2/3rds of the Senate and that is a LOT - considering 52 of the 100 seats are GOP.
All-Star

by Aerial » Thu May 18, 2017 2:33 pm

I do remember you saying that Kevin.

Interesting Pat, going to get messier as time goes on it seems.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Thu May 18, 2017 4:45 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:Republicans and Democrats will see to it that Trump is gone.

To impeach Trump, they would need 2/3rds of the Senate and that is a LOT - considering 52 of the 100 seats are GOP.

...a guy I heard on the radio this morning said the impeachment process could take anywhere from 18 months to two years if trump fought it all the way...so this isn't happening overnight...and we'll be well into a North Korean war by that time as well...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by ryan3434 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Can we skip ahead four years for the Trump vs The Rock elections?

I cant wait for the leftnuts on here to back Dwayne.. This will be fun
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by oo DAWG oo » Thu May 18, 2017 6:43 pm

RedandWhite wrote:...and we'll be well into a North Korean war by that time as well...

We'll?
That Canada North Korean war will be brutal....
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 pm

...fair enough, it's your guy running around with the scissors right now dawg....but the last conflict on the Korean peninsula was a joint effort and many lads that called north of the 49th home lost their lives there, I don't see a way how our armed forces don't get dragged into it somehow...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

PreviousNext