American politics

Re: American politics

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am

But at least when you listen to Ben Sass, Kasich and McCain you sense at least a grain of truth and integrity (and intelligence and maturity) in what they say.

You've got a President who seemingly is incapable of telling the truth. He sends out his staff to deny claims about him in the evening in panicked damage control mode - calling the reports 'fake news'. Then hours later either through tweets or in interviews he admits the 'fake news' is true. Basically throwing his staff under the bus. He's done it three times in the last week alone.

If this comes down to a he said he said between Trump and Comey - especially if Comey has contemporaneous notes about the discussions - the overwhelming majority of people are going to believe Comey - for good reason.

Here's hoping there really are tapes. I'm sure Comey hopes there are.
All-Star

by West » Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 am

TravelPat1 wrote:But at least when you listen to Ben Sass, Kasich and McCain you sense at least a grain of truth and integrity (and intelligence and maturity) in what they say.

You've got a President who seemingly is incapable of telling the truth. He sends out his staff to deny claims about him in the evening in panicked damage control mode - calling the reports 'fake news'. Then hours later either through tweets or in interviews he admits the 'fake news' is true. Basically throwing his staff under the bus. He's done it three times in the last week alone.

If this comes down to a he said he said between Trump and Comey - especially if Comey has contemporaneous notes about the discussions - the overwhelming majority of people are going to believe Comey - for good reason.

Here's hoping there really are tapes. I'm sure Comey hopes there are.

You are all over the map on this one so I'll try to keep up.

Kasich a man of integrity?? The man signed a pledge saying he would support whoever the nominee was then doesn't have the decency to show up to the Republican convention. At least with Ted Cruz he showed up. Anyways my point never had anything to do with character just a disagreement on his warmongering tendencies as is with Hillary and co.

You'll have to be more specific in what you mean by admitting fake news was true. I don't think Trump is admitting he interferred in an FBI investigation.

If Comey thought Trump was obstructing justice he has an obligation by law to file charges. These discussions allegedly happened in early February. I know it plays into the narrative that the left has created but it's just silly. There was obviously no reason to believe Trump was obstructing or he'd have charges against him. Kinda debunks the myth that Trump was obstructing justice.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:04 am

Well I for one will be very interested to hear Comey's testimony and what other bombshell memos if any he might have.

Hopefully we'll actually see some urgency into the investigations so Americans can quickly find out exactly what happened now that it finally seems some Republicans are actually taking this seriously now instead of hiding from it and/or deflecting by asking questions about unrelated topics as they did during the Clapper and Yates testimony a couple of weeks ago.

I laughed when I saw the joke a couple of weeks ago about the Trump-Russia stuff being like a centipede with so many shoes dropping - but look at the last two weeks. Last week was described as a 'WTF week.'

This week seems it is well on its way to topping last week now. Incredible stuff.

As for Kasich not supporting Trump after signing the pledge at the beginning of the primary seaon. Yes that did show intergrity. The integrity of somebody who displayed loyalty to country over party. As he said last night after 13 months of appearing in multiple debates on stage with Trump he could not in good conscience support him because what he saw - alarmed him. And as he said 'Not to say I told you so' - but the result is exactly what he thought it would be. The chaos and scandals we're seeing on an almost daily basis.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:42 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Let me try to explain ryan.

Russia and their allies Iran, Syria, Hezollah etc are no friends of Israel. If Trump gave up classified information that could help them identity some of Israeli intelligence sources - that's not good folks.

Lol.. Ohh dear Pat..
Can i request someone else try explaining than
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by ryan3434 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:47 am

So media blabbering about israels spys makes it safer for said spys?
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by RedandWhite » Wed May 17, 2017 12:16 pm

...guys, guys, guys...it's all going to be fine...Putin is going to tell the world what went down...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:28 pm

RedandWhite wrote:...guys, guys, guys...it's all going to be fine...Putin is going to tell the world what went down...

Yes I laughed at that. Talk about the ultimate Russian trolling.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:
RedandWhite wrote:...guys, guys, guys...it's all going to be fine...Putin is going to tell the world what went down...

Yes I laughed at that. Talk about the ultimate Russian trolling.

I'm not sure how I feel about this because Putin can't win. If there is nothing going on, and he says so, people will say, "He's just saying that to keep Trump in the Whitehouse". But... what if Putin's telling the truth?

Anyway, one thing I do believe (that Putin hinted at)...

All this uncertainty in the White House, and all the conspiracies theories, are not good for world Peace.

Trump is a wild card and we don't want him going off the deep end.
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Putin can't win.

...disagree, if there is one guy on the planet that is winning it's Vlad....
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by KevinRiley2 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:20 pm

RedandWhite wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Putin can't win.

...disagree, if there is one guy on the planet that is winning it's Vlad....

I meant when it comes to defending Trump.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:19 pm

ryan3434 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Let me try to explain ryan.

Russia and their allies Iran, Syria, Hezollah etc are no friends of Israel. If Trump gave up classified information that could help them identity some of Israeli intelligence sources - that's not good folks.

Lol.. Ohh dear Pat..
Can i request someone else try explaining than

How about an explanation from the former head of Mossad (Israel's CIA) - see if you can understand his explanation Ryan

FORMER MOSSAD CHIEF: ALLEGED TRUMP SLIP TO RUSSIA COULD BE 'GRAVE VIOLATION'

If Monday night’s Washington Post report that US President Donald Trump recently revealed classified information to Russia is true, it would be a “grave violation” of intelligence sharing protocol and “could lead to harm to the source,” former Mossad director Danny Yatom told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.

“if someone gives the US very sensitive information…it is prohibited to give the information to a third party – for sure not to Russia who has ties with Iran and Syria.”

The former Mossad director added that, “if the information is sensitive, it can harm the security of the intelligence source or lead to other damage.”

Regarding the Trump administration’s statements denying the sharing any intelligence methods or sources, he said “sometimes damage is caused from the content of the revelation, even if he does not say the methods and sources.”

“The fact that you have very high quality sensitive intelligence can lead to revealing the source. Such an event could help Russia prevent the source from giving further information on potential Russia-Syria operations."

This would be of concern to all US allies, including Israel, about sharing intelligence with the Trump administration.

The news reports about Trump's leak to the Russians left out the specific information that intelligence sources asked be left out in order to protect the sources. Information Trump apparently did not keep to himself when talking to the Russians.
All-Star

by Aerial » Wed May 17, 2017 5:33 pm

I don't doubt he'll be impeached, eventually. How that affects my life here in Canada as a retiree, well, I doubt very much. Whatever, I honestly don't care. I've heard even the softwood lumber tariff is nothing more than a minor irritant to Canada and that is affecting people who work here in the industry.

Whatever happens to their healthcare in the US is their problem, not mine. And what Trump leaked or didn't leak to the Russians, again isn't going to affect me at all I would say.

The US is the US, not Canada.
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:54 pm

And tonight's breaking news shoe drop from the centipede is another very big one ..........

The United States Department of Justice has announced that a special counsel has been appointed to investigate Russian interference into last year's presidential election and links or coordination with the campaign of President Donald Trump.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller was assigned by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to "oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election, and related matters."

In a statement, Rosenstein said, "My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted. I have made no such determination. What I have determined is that based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/robert-m ... d=47472673
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:20 pm

I am so tired of this Trump thing. I need to walk away.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Well - the bad news Kevin is that even though we'll get lots of good stuff the next few weeks coming out of the ongoing Congrssional hearings and investigations of the Russia and possible Trump collusion story including Comey testimony - we likely won't hear much from Mueller's independent investigation for several months.

One possible piece of good news though is that among all the powers he'll have will be the ability to subpoena Trump's taxes as part of his investigation which should give investigators a lot of useful information.
All-Star

PreviousNext