American politics

Re: American politics

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Kushner, according to CNN, REsubmitted his Confidentiality Clearance 3 times because of previous omissions. Sounds like perjury to me.

Not sure about anyone else, but I know I would have been fired, at my previous jobs, if I have failed to supply important information 4 times. :?

LOCK HIM UP!!!!
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Trump : "In fact, maybe it was mentioned at some point". :lol:

Sounds like someone is worried about being caught in a lie and is trying to CYA himself.

Just hilarious! Does this group EVER tell the truth?!

:lol:
All-Star

by Paolo X » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:53 am

Aerial wrote:Yes, Catholics have been totally outstanding throughout history never involved in negative human rights issues or having people put to death for that matter. :wink:

:lol:
Being Roman Catholic as well, when a guy like Pence is around it makes no difference to me. I wish he weren't "Catholic" for that matter.

Common religion or other religious belief does not make otherwise wrongful or distasteful views any better.

Put Republican Neoconservative and social conservative Mike Pence in the same room with Neoliberal Joe Biden for that matter. Who cares! :roll:
All-Star

by Paolo X » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:Kushner, according to CNN, REsubmitted his Confidentiality Clearance 3 times because of previous omissions. Sounds like perjury to me.

Not sure about anyone else, but I know I would have been fired, at my previous jobs, if I have failed to supply important information 4 times. :?

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

Indeed that's a fine point. But it's the same for Hillary in possessing classified information in an unauthorized location.

It's both or none who would have to be imprisoned, or one is a hypocrite. And these days sadly it will be neither.

Much like you are correct about if we were to lie on a job application or resume, by contrast those of us "worker-bees" would be fired for even lesser violations in working in such classified circles. :thdn:
All-Star

by Paolo X » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:Cute...

Donald Junior also took a massive dump in Moscow but allegedly again DID NOT FLUSH! :roll:
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:08 am

Paolo X wrote:It's both or none

I can live with both - actually 3, if one is named Kushner.
Paolo X wrote:Much like you are correct about if we were to lie on a job application or resume, by contrast those of us "worker-bees" would be fired for even lesser violations in working in such classified circles. :thdn:

Exactly! We'd be gone like the morning mist. Kushner should be gone, too.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:12 am

Paolo X wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:As the 4 year term ticks away, EVERNTUALLY the GOP has to think, `Time is short and we can get so much more done without the Trump anchor weighing us down. Let`s see what can be accomplished with Pence in the big seat`.

Having said this, sadly, I don`t believe it will happen.

And sadly I think now it is more likely to happen than not as the daggers are handed out to more associated with the GOP including to the hacks and shills in the news media for the GOP at the likes of Fox News.

Then with Pence I know we are screwed and it's off to some open war(s), for he's Darth Cheney 2.0.

It's funny now how some of the ardent Trumpettes on Fox are now saying that the whole Republication party is riding the coat tails of Trump since he got elected. :roll: Those pesky Republicans just won't go along with anything The Orange Dummy wants.
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:18 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:Those pesky Republicans just won't go along with anything The Orange Dummy wants.

No matter what he does, they will turn a blind eye. Sad but true.
All-Star

by West » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Apparently the lawyer in question was lobbying with a Democrap to have this Magnisky Act overturned.

Rohrabacher said he believed Veselnitskaya and her U.S. colleagues, which included former Rep. Ronald Dellums (D-Calif.), were lobbying other lawmakers to reverse the Magnitsky Act and restore the ability of Americans to adopt Russian children that Moscow had suspended.

Wow! Democraps colluding with the Russians?

https://www.google.ca/amp/thehill.com/h ... rump%3Famp
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Kushner better break out the form, again. Looks like it needs amending.

Russian-American lobbyist says he was in Trump son's meeting

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ ... spartanntp
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Americans, take notice, our health care system is not benchmark material:

Canada ranks third-last in study of health care in 11 rich countries

Canada placed third from the bottom in a major new study of health care in 11 affluent nations, a score that reflects this country’s poor performance on measures such as infant mortality, access to after-hours medical care and the affordability of dental visits and prescription drugs.

Canada’s ninth-place finish is a slight improvement over 2014, when the Commonwealth Fund, a New York-based private research foundation, put Canada in 10th place, ahead of only the United States.

In the group’s new report, released Friday, Canada pulled ahead of France, but stayed well behind such standouts as the United Kingdom, Australia and the Netherlands, which ranked first, second and third.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e35692286/
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Aerial wrote:Americans, take notice, our health care system is not benchmark material:

Canada ranks third-last in study of health care in 11 rich countries

Canada placed third from the bottom in a major new study of health care in 11 affluent nations, a score that reflects this country’s poor performance on measures such as infant mortality, access to after-hours medical care and the affordability of dental visits and prescription drugs.

Canada’s ninth-place finish is a slight improvement over 2014, when the Commonwealth Fund, a New York-based private research foundation, put Canada in 10th place, ahead of only the United States.

In the group’s new report, released Friday, Canada pulled ahead of France, but stayed well behind such standouts as the United Kingdom, Australia and the Netherlands, which ranked first, second and third.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e35692286/

This is where we got killed...

"and the affordability of dental visits and prescription drugs"

Not a fair fight. Take those 2 out and measure.

I'd be the first to say our dentists are crooks and our prescription drug prices are disgusting.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Prescription drugs should be part of our universal health care. With more and more people having jobs that do not come with benefits - there are too many low wage workers who can't afford to fill their presriptions if they have some sort of chronic condition - and by them not taking their drugs means higher health care costs for them down the road that we all have to cover in the long run.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Prescription drugs should be part of our universal health care. With more and more people having jobs that do not come with benefits - there are too many low wage workers who can't afford to fill their presriptions if they have some sort of chronic condition - and by them not taking their drugs means higher health care costs for them down the road that we all have to cover in the long run.

Amen, brother.

Other countries do it. We can, too. Our prices are outrageous.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 pm

So funny... :lol:

Trump: I've 'done more in five months than practically any president in history'

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/13/trump-iv ... lainternal
All-Star

PreviousNext