Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by ryan3434 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:46 pm

RedandWhite wrote:
jamie wrote:Yes Kitty. I've wondered that too. West goes way out of his way telling everyone how well employed he is. How much money he makes. How many degrees he has. But somehow he finds the time to be on here all day long, every day, espousing his very sophisticated views. Kinda weird, he is.
On a football board. But never talking football. Has 2 friends to talk "politics" all day here.

...so, guy who's been banned, what now, like 3 times and keeps coming back under new aliases criticizes other guy about his use of the forum? have i got that correct there slant/tnal/hopper/jamie?

Lmao.. Slant is Jamie? But Jamie is a chick isnt it?
I thought Slant was a dude now hes pretending to be a girl? Weird. I mean im not judging but its weird.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by sambo42 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:24 am

ryan3434 wrote:
RedandWhite wrote:
jamie wrote:Yes Kitty. I've wondered that too. West goes way out of his way telling everyone how well employed he is. How much money he makes. How many degrees he has. But somehow he finds the time to be on here all day long, every day, espousing his very sophisticated views. Kinda weird, he is.
On a football board. But never talking football. Has 2 friends to talk "politics" all day here.

...so, guy who's been banned, what now, like 3 times and keeps coming back under new aliases criticizes other guy about his use of the forum? have i got that correct there slant/tnal/hopper/jamie?

Lmao.. Slant is Jamie? But Jamie is a chick isnt it?
I thought Slant was a dude now hes pretending to be a girl? Weird. I mean im not judging but its weird.

It can't be slant... the grammar and punctuation is too correct ( for slant )
Hall of Famer

by TravelPat1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:50 am

Bad year for Arctic ice.

http://time.com/4709913/arctic-sea-ice-winter/

The high point for Arctic sea ice levels hit a record low this winter, sea ice monitors said Wednesday.
Sea ice covered approximately 5.57 million square miles on March 7, nearly 500,000 square miles below the average winter high in recent decades,

Temperatures around the globe have spiked in recent years due to man-made climate change, leading to several years of record-breaking heat, and few places have been hit harder than the Arctic. Temperatures over some parts of the Arctic were more than 5°C (9°F) warmer than average between October and February, according to NSIDC.

The report is the latest in a string of disappointing news about the state of the Arctic. A December report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) found that the Arctic experienced the lowest snow cover and highest land temperatures on record last year. And sea ice levels also reached a record low last fall.Scientists studying man-made climate change worry that the situation in the Arctic may bode poorly for the rest of the planet. Countries reached an agreement in 2015 to try to keep temperatures from rising more than 2°C (3.6°F) above pre-industrial levels by 2100, a target scientists say is the level the world must meet to avoid the worst effects of climate change.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:53 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Bad year for Arctic ice.

http://time.com/4709913/arctic-sea-ice-winter/

The high point for Arctic sea ice levels hit a record low this winter, sea ice monitors said Wednesday.
Sea ice covered approximately 5.57 million square miles on March 7, nearly 500,000 square miles below the average winter high in recent decades,

Temperatures around the globe have spiked in recent years due to man-made climate change, leading to several years of record-breaking heat, and few places have been hit harder than the Arctic. Temperatures over some parts of the Arctic were more than 5°C (9°F) warmer than average between October and February, according to NSIDC.

The report is the latest in a string of disappointing news about the state of the Arctic. A December report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) found that the Arctic experienced the lowest snow cover and highest land temperatures on record last year. And sea ice levels also reached a record low last fall.Scientists studying man-made climate change worry that the situation in the Arctic may bode poorly for the rest of the planet. Countries reached an agreement in 2015 to try to keep temperatures from rising more than 2°C (3.6°F) above pre-industrial levels by 2100, a target scientists say is the level the world must meet to avoid the worst effects of climate change.

What about ice on the other pole?
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Climeworks will implement it's NEW CO2 Collector on May 31st, in Hinwil Switzerland, which scrubs CO2 from the atmosphere. It's not going to make much of an impact, only removing 900 tonnes of CO2 per year, but it's a start. Over time, just like every other form of technology, it will become cheaper and more efficient - this unit is 18 times more effective than the unit produced in 2014. It's a positive step towards ending global warming. :thup:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... WZ27SecnCg
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Just came across this programme to encourage more tree planting in Ontario:

http://www.forestsontario.ca/planting/programs/50-million-tree-program/

If only I had a spare acre or two to turn into forest, I would sign up, too. :(
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:09 pm

The city of Hamilton is cutting down all the Emerald Ash trees in the city to try and get rid of or at least control the Emerald Ash Borer which has caused a lot of problems for these trees. Not sure if they are planting new trees in place of these ash trees although they aren't actually removing the stumps from what I can tell.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:43 am

PTBO Dave wrote:Just came across this programme to encourage more tree planting in Ontario:

On PEI they have a similar program. I got 460 spruce planted on our property.
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:Just came across this programme to encourage more tree planting in Ontario:

Sweet!

460 though? Does having that much property make you the king of PEI? :D
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:34 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:

Chop those muthers down for profit son!

Ohh right this is Canada we dont own the land your house sits on

All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:35 am

PTBO Dave wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:

Sweet!

Having all his teeth does

All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:36 am

ryan3434 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:

Sweet!

Having all his teeth does

Well, he's a Tiger-Cat fan, so that seems unlikely.

-Confucius

All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:39 am

Sad to see this in Columbia. But saying off the top of your head it's due to climate change seems a bit over reaching to me without a lot of hard research behind this.

Santos blamed climate change for triggering the avalanche, saying that the accumulated rainfall in one night was almost half the amount Mocoa normally receives in the entire month of March. With the rainy season in much of Colombia just beginning, he said local and national authorities need to redouble their efforts to prevent a similar tragedy.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/200-dead-an ... oPlay=true
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:40 am

:x :x

Edit.. These are for Dave.. Not you Earl :)

All-Star

PreviousNext