Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by Aerial » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:45 am

The temperature outside this morning feels a bit warmer, emphasis on bit, than yesterday. :o

In all sincerity though, no question that reducing the carbon imprint and fossil fuels, gases and that is prudent thing to do. There will be new types of jobs available, already available for instance, since we still do to heat our homes and get from A to B etc. But make no mistake, all of this going more green and that really is an experiment if you will and not one that has a control group to actually measure results as is done in what is called more gold standard scientific methodology. The science is simply softer than a controlled experiment where the results are not as definitive. And it will take many, many years to be able to see results.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:18 am

I don't think people debate climate change so much it's what is mans participation in the event .

My belief from recorded history is that we have had recent heat ups and cool downs that have nothing to do with man .

Fear mongering is wonderful way to live your life in the West but if you don't change China and the Eastern countries Canada's carbon taxation becomes a fairy tale of theft .

Electric cars I think will have the first automation of driving . It will be an incentive for electric cars or hybrid purchases .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:36 am

I can see the trucking industry as well going automation and going green at the same time .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by sambo42 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:41 am

BigJoeM wrote:I don't think people debate climate change so much it's what is mans participation in the event .

My belief from recorded history is that we have had recent heat ups and cool downs that have nothing to do with man .

Fear mongering is wonderful way to live your life in the West but if you don't change China and the Eastern countries Canada's carbon taxation becomes a fairy tale of theft .

Electric cars I think will have the first automation of driving . It will be an incentive for electric cars or hybrid purchases .

The real problem lies with those who think if we have an extreme cold temperature day, its disproves the climate change theory... it neither proves it/ debunks it... and the big mistake is that they don't recognize it for what it is.... weather... you have to look at weather patterns and trends to determine if the climate is changing and what rate... or if its not changing at all. I do believe the climate is changing and human activity is accelerating it... but I don't believe its at an alarming rate. No matter what happens, the earth's climate will eventually change... when it happens is the question.
Hall of Famer

by PTBO Dave » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:10 am

BigJoeM wrote: I don't think people debate climate change so much it's what is mans participation in the event .

This is clearly correct, but it still gets people labeled as climate change "deniers".

However, even if the cons of climate change are unevenly reported in comparison to the pros--either to sell the "news" or to promote subsidies for the renewable energy lobby--cutting pollution would be a healthy choice. The WHO estimates about 2 million children under 5 die each year due to pollution (of all forms, not just air).

http://www.livescience.com/58136-child-deaths-pollution-who.html

Ironically, if temperatures continue to rise, some of these death rates will decrease since a good chunk of them are due to indoor air pollution caused by burning coal and garbage to heat homes in less developed countries. This particular form of pollution also strongly affects adult women who spend more time at home tending these dirty fires.

And while I feel great empathy for families in the oil and coal industry who would be negatively affected by decreased fossil fuel consumption, just as my family was by PET's NEP, we should be taking steps to transition. I've also read, though I don't know how reliable or accurate it is, that the world will run out of fossil fuels in 50-150 years anyway, so a transition will be coming one way or another.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by West » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:21 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:that the world will run out of fossil fuels in 50-150 years anyway, so a transition will be coming one way or another.

Yes I agree.

Oil and gas companies out here have been investing billions into renewables all on their own. Something that gets overlooked in the politicization of climate changing by people mostly on the left.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:42 am

West wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:that the world will run out of fossil fuels in 50-150 years anyway, so a transition will be coming one way or another.

Yes I agree.

Oil and gas companies out here have been investing billions into renewables all on their own. Something that gets overlooked in the politicization of climate changing by people mostly on the left.

... and you know this from Rebel News?
Veteran

by West » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:50 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:
West wrote:

Yes I agree.

... and you know this from Rebel News?

From working in the sector you dope.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:23 am

West wrote:[
From working in the sector you dope.

Whoa ... you are impotent. That's why you are on here 24/7/365
Veteran

by argonaut11xx » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:42 am

I believe in Climate change.....it happens 4 times each year. (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)

The CEO of climate change is a woman. (mother nature)

I see no problems here
BUILD THAT WALL...between TORONTO & HAMILTON...then MAKE HAMILTON PAY FOR IT
Starter

by jamie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 am

Yes Kitty. I've wondered that too. West goes way out of his way telling everyone how well employed he is. How much money he makes. How many degrees he has. But somehow he finds the time to be on here all day long, every day, espousing his very sophisticated views. Kinda weird, he is.
On a football board. But never talking football. Has 2 friends to talk "politics" all day here.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 am

jamie wrote:Yes Kitty. I've wondered that too. West goes way out of his way telling everyone how well employed he is. How much money he makes. How many degrees he has. But somehow he finds the time to be on here all day long, every day, espousing his very sophisticated views. Kinda weird, he is.
On a football board. But never talking football. Has 2 friends to talk "politics" all day here.

Excellent ad hominem counterpoints. :thup:

What a weirdo West must be for spending so much time talking politics on a football board.

Guys like me, Jamie, and LK would never condescend to do that. :P
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by jamie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:39 am

Dave...Nice that you've learned a new phrase. Now maybe you can apply that fairly and equitably in your new role.
Thanks.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:58 pm

jamie wrote:Dave...Nice that you've learned a new phrase. Now maybe you can apply that fairly and equitably in your new role.
Thanks.

Thanks, it does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it? And to be honest, I'm dying to use it again, but so far I think West is the only weirdo who spends a lot of time posting about politics on this football board. If there are others like that whom you can point out to me, I'll use weirdo on them, too.

-Confucius

All-Star

by RedandWhite » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:51 pm

jamie wrote:Yes Kitty. I've wondered that too. West goes way out of his way telling everyone how well employed he is. How much money he makes. How many degrees he has. But somehow he finds the time to be on here all day long, every day, espousing his very sophisticated views. Kinda weird, he is.

...so, guy who's been banned, what now, like 3 times and keeps coming back under new aliases criticizes other guy about his use of the forum? have i got that correct there slant/tnal/hopper/jamie?
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

PreviousNext