Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by PTBO Dave » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:58 pm

"Jetting off on just one summer holiday is so bad for global warming that it wipes out the benefits of 20 years of recycling, a new study has shown."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/07/11/save-planet-cut-holidays-sell-car-dont-have-many-children-say/

Glad to see these scientists strongly advocating the switch to vegetarianism, a change that would produce very positive effects on the environment.

We'll have to see how many environment ministers and green celebrities follow the suggestion to cut out air travel.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by DAN38 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:56 am

One of the main reasons I am so dubious in the global warming THEORY, presented by the IPCC and believed by so many, is the simple fact that no other THEORIES are even considered. The IPCC came to their conclusion through a backdoor way of science. Many scientists jumped on board. The IPCC even awards scholarships in global warming studies now !

There are other THEORIES.

; A shift in the earth's axis..... This would explain a lot. It would tell us why for the last 15 years or so our weather has been coming up from TEXAS. Mostly heavy rainstorms(sound familiar ?).

;change in magnetic field....

;natural change in El Nino and La Nina... These two beauties really affect climate more so than we ever could.

; PDO- Pacific Decadal Oscillation... A few meteorologists have this THEORY but it is widely ignored.

These are just four pretty good THEORIES that are not being investigated. There are more but what is common to each of these THEORIES is the fact that humankind cannot be blamed !!!
If we can't blame humans for the change then it would be pretty hard to tax and charge them extra for the privilege of using carbon fuels. It wouldn't go over to well to say " we're raising your taxes because the Pacific is warming up naturally", would it ?

They even changed the name of the theory from Global Warming to Climate Change midstream. Why ? Because too much of the theory was backfiring. Hundreds of unmentioned glaciers are growing !!!! Many areas are getting colder !!!!

The scientist who first discovered and coined the term 'global warming' is now saying he was wrong and our affect on the climate is very minimal.

The IPCC has created the largest make-work project ever and the money is just starting to flow. Get your banners and signs out. March in the streets. There are still those who need to be convinced.....I've never been a follower. Never will be. I need more proof.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 4157
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am


Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by DAN38 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/YearsOfLiving/videos/1416295985124122/



I am not denying the climate is changing. I'm refuting that humans have anything to do with it.

The irony of your belief is the fact that you will follow 97% of climate scientists, in other words the majority, but you won't follow the majority of the people who believe in religion. You need some consistency in your argument beyond following the herd just like the climate scientists need consistency beyond making money.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 4157
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by alphamale111 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:47 pm

DAN38 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/YearsOfLiving/videos/1416295985124122/



I am not denying the climate is changing. I'm refuting that humans have anything to do with it.

The irony of your belief is the fact that you will follow 97% of climate scientists, in other words the majority, but you won't follow the majority of the people who believe in religion. You need some consistency in your argument beyond following the herd just like the climate scientists need consistency beyond making money.


I have a question.

If the climate is changing - What do we do about it?
Nothing?
Adapt?
Try to curb our impact?
Clean up our act?
Look for a new home?
Veteran
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 10:27 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by sambo42 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:50 pm

DAN38 wrote:
;change in magnetic field....




I heard a few years ago someone sounding the alarm that magnetic poles could be reversed... I found a link to explain the changes that might occur...

http://humansarefree.com/2015/06/the-me ... netic.html
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 11256
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:30 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by PTBO Dave » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm

alphamale111 wrote:
DAN38 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/YearsOfLiving/videos/1416295985124122/



I am not denying the climate is changing. I'm refuting that humans have anything to do with it.

The irony of your belief is the fact that you will follow 97% of climate scientists, in other words the majority, but you won't follow the majority of the people who believe in religion. You need some consistency in your argument beyond following the herd just like the climate scientists need consistency beyond making money.


I have a question.

If the climate is changing - What do we do about it?
Nothing?
Adapt?
Try to curb our impact?
Clean up our act?
Look for a new home?


Enjoy the warmer winters and longer growing seasons?
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by West » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:41 am

The 97 percent number touted by climate change alarmists is a farce and is only used for political purposes.

This is a fairly clear statement—97 percent of the papers surveyed endorsed the view that man-made greenhouse gases were the main cause—main in common usage meaning more than 50 percent.

But even a quick scan of the paper reveals that this is not the case. Cook is able to demonstrate only that a relative handful endorse “the view that the Earth is warming up and human emissions of greenhouse gases are the main cause.” Cook calls this “explicit endorsement with quantification” (quantification meaning 50 percent or more). The problem is, only a small percentage of the papers fall into this category; Cook does not say what percentage, but when the study was publicly challenged by economist David Friedman, one observer calculated that only 1.6 percent explicitly stated that man-made greenhouse gases caused at least 50 percent of global warming.



https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes. ... wrong/amp/
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by TravelPat1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 pm

http://www.hidropolitikakademi.org/we-a ... years.html

Carbon dioxide concentrations are heading towards values not seen in the past 200m years. The sun has also been gradually getting stronger over time. Put together, these facts mean the climate may be heading towards warmth not seen in the past half a billion years.

A lot has happened on Earth since 500,000,000BC – continents, oceans and mountain ranges have come and gone, and complex life has evolved and moved from the oceans onto the land and into the air. Most of these changes occur on very long timescales of millions of years or more. However, over the past 150 years global temperatures have increased by about 1℃, ice caps and glaciers have retreated, polar sea-ice has melted, and sea levels have risen.

Some will point out that Earth’s climate has undergone similar changes before. So what’s the big deal?

Scientists can seek to understand past climates by looking at the evidence locked away in rocks, sediments and fossils. What this tells us is that yes, the climate has changed in the past, but the current speed of change is highly unusual. For instance, carbon dioxidehasn’t been added to the atmosphere as rapidly as today for at least the past 66m years.

In fact, if we continue on our current path and exploit all convention fossil fuels, then as well as the rate of CO₂ emissions, the absolute climate warming is also likely to be unprecedented in at least the past 420m years.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by RedandWhite » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:36 pm

...200m years, then 500m years, then 150 years, then 66m years, then 400m years....what? was this written by all-over-the-map scientist?

....correction: just checked out that website Pat, pretty cool, I love Turkey, they are the best at all things especially Erdogan, science and film-making and stealing Mt. Ararat from Armenia, but I'll stick with my go-to source for information still: Go Go Mongolia...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff
 
Posts: 15111
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by PTBO Dave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:21 am

Interesting that they found that the sun has been getting stronger over time.

I wonder how much that has contributed to climate change in comparison to human-caused deforestation and CO2 emissions.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by RedandWhite » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:23 am

PTBO Dave wrote:Interesting that they found that the sun has been getting stronger over time.


....shhhhh, quiet down before someone figures out how to tax us for it....
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff
 
Posts: 15111
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by Chestmaster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:26 am

Lol. What..The sun is getting stronger and we are wondering why the earth is warming.

Climate "scientists" "we need to find out why it's getting hotter..if only that ball of fire in the sky would stop heating up the planet we could find out"

Although the warming thing has stopped for some time while c02 has risen.
When asked climate "scientists" say. "The oceans ate my warming" in a Aussie accent of course
Rookie
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by PTBO Dave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 am

Chestmaster wrote:Lol. What..The sun is getting stronger and we are wondering why the earth is warming.

Climate "scientists" "we need to find out why it's getting hotter..if only that ball of fire in the sky would stop heating up the planet we could find out"

Although the warming thing has stopped for some time while c02 has risen.
When asked climate "scientists" say. "The oceans ate my warming" in a Aussie accent of course



OK, then. If the sun is getting hotter and Earth is not getting hotter. Why? What are humans doing to cause this egregious cooling? Will all the gains we've experienced in recent decades with the world getting warmer and greener be reversed?
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by Chestmaster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:35 am

PTBO Dave wrote:
Chestmaster wrote:Lol. What..The sun is getting stronger and we are wondering why the earth is warming.

Climate "scientists" "we need to find out why it's getting hotter..if only that ball of fire in the sky would stop heating up the planet we could find out"

Although the warming thing has stopped for some time while c02 has risen.
When asked climate "scientists" say. "The oceans ate my warming" in a Aussie accent of course



OK, then. If the sun is getting hotter and Earth is not getting hotter. Why?

Because of carbon tax obviously. Taxes fix everything
Rookie
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests