Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

Re: Will this convince those with their heads in the sand?

by Liquor Kitty » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:19 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:Just came across this programme to encourage more tree planting in Ontario:

http://www.forestsontario.ca/planting/programs/50-million-tree-program/

If only I had a spare acre or two to turn into forest, I would sign up, too. :(

On PEI they have a similar program. I got 460 spruce planted on our property.

Sweet!

460 though? Does having that much property make you the king of PEI? :D

No, but the other 300 plants I have growing do. :wink:
... and I have all my teeth.
Veteran

by PTBO Dave » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:
On PEI they have a similar program. I got 460 spruce planted on our property.

Sweet!

460 though? Does having that much property make you the king of PEI? :D

No, but the other 300 plants I have growing do. :wink:
... and I have all my teeth.

Hmm I can see your life as the basis for a new CBC series: think Anne of Green Gables meets Breaking Bad. :cowboy:
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:41 pm

C Meth will help save erosion on PEI coasts if put down in large enough quantities along the PEI coastline? :)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:57 am

PTBO Dave wrote:Hmm I can see your life as the basis for a new CBC series: think Anne of Green Gables meets Breaking Bad. :cowboy:

Anne of Grow-op Gables ... it has a nice ring to it.
"Our fair-skinned, red-headed Anne grows some killer spud-isle, wheel-chair weed".
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:59 am

https://www.uregina.ca/external/communi ... 03-24.html

The Man Up Against Violence (MUAV) initiative strives to embrace positive ideals of masculinity and prevent violence in our communities. From March 28 - 31, MUAV will host a number of activities on the main campus to raise awareness about the effects of the social construction of hyper-masculinity and what people can do to be a positive force for change.

Masculinity is a social construct? And something us men need to be aware of.....
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:17 am

Hmm. Not sure what a study about masculinity has to do with climate change? Unless there is some sort of study that tells us whether or not masculine men more likely to ignore or act on scientific advice?
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:49 am

No masculine men get more angry and all heated up which in turn probably is causing atmospheric changes in temperature, humidity, prevailing winds, CO2 content etc. :)
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” - Oscar Wilde
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:02 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Hmm. Not sure what a study about masculinity has to do with climate change? Unless there is some sort of study that tells us whether or not masculine men more likely to ignore or act on scientific advice?

Yah about that.. This was suppose to be for the libtards are mental thread. :oops:

All-Star

by pigseye2015 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:31 pm

The wheels are already starting to come off the band wagon,

http://notrickszone.com/2017/04/03/grow ... OBjVy.dpbs

These 150 new papers (as well as the 500 papers from 2016) support the position that there are significant limitations and uncertainties inherent in climate modeling, and that natural factors (the Sun, multi-decadal oceanic oscillations [NAO, AMO/PDO, ENSO], cloud and aerosol albedo variations, etc.) have both in the past and present exerted a significant or dominant influence on weather and climate changes. Papers questioning (and undermining) the “consensus” view on paleoclimate (Medieval) warmth, sea level rise, extreme weather events, etc., are also included in this collection. - See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2017/04/03/grow ... OBjVy.dpuf
Starter

by ryan3434 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:37 am

pigseye2015 wrote:The wheels are already starting to come off the band wagon,

http://notrickszone.com/2017/04/03/grow ... OBjVy.dpbs

These 150 new papers (as well as the 500 papers from 2016) support the position that there are significant limitations and uncertainties inherent in climate modeling, and that natural factors (the Sun, multi-decadal oceanic oscillations [NAO, AMO/PDO, ENSO], cloud and aerosol albedo variations, etc.) have both in the past and present exerted a significant or dominant influence on weather and climate changes. Papers questioning (and undermining) the “consensus” view on paleoclimate (Medieval) warmth, sea level rise, extreme weather events, etc., are also included in this collection. - See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2017/04/03/grow ... OBjVy.dpuf

Dare i say pseudoscience?

Its been a Giant scam all to keep the UN funded

All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 am

Another bad year for the Geat Barrier Reef due to the warming seas.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017 ... ching.html

Scientists just back from an 8,000 kilometres aircraft survey of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef pronounced a dire verdict Sunday: warm waters have severely bleached large swaths of its corals for the second year in a row in a deadly one-two punch.

In 2016, two-thirds of corals in the northern sector of the reef died after severe bleaching from unusually warm waters. This year, researchers with the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies at James Cook University in Queensland, who reported the previous findings, say that the reef’s central sector has been hit by another year of damaging warmth.

“We’ve had a back-to-back bleaching for the first time,” said Terry Hughes, who directs the centre. “So we redid our aerial surveys again, which was a bit tough. I was hoping to never have to do it again.”

After that first survey, Hughes tweeted: “I showed the results of aerial surveys of #bleaching on the #GreatBarrierReef to my students, And then we wept.”
All-Star

by pigseye2015 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 am

First Florida Cold-water Bleaching Event in 30 Years

NOAA and partners from 12 organizations surveyed sites in the Florida Keys to determine the extent of coral bleaching, and death, in the wake of record low-water temperatures.

Ying and yang.
Starter

by BigJoeM » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Too hot and too cold who flushed the toilet .
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by pigseye2015 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:25 pm

BigJoeM wrote:Too hot and too cold who flushed the toilet .

This should put a few minds at ease,

A Swelling Volume Of Scientific Papers Now Forecasting Global Cooling In The Coming Decades

http://notrickszone.com/#sthash.X3omCakh.dpbs
Starter

by pikk » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 pm

With out going thru it all, on the 97% thingy on the scientists, only a small number of questionnaires' were sent out, very few were even filled out, 97% of that number agreed. So that is one of the biggest BS lines put out there. We have been singled out and that is to keep people looking at us and no where else. We do not produce enough to do squat.
All-Star

PreviousNext