Muslims vs Starbucks

Muslims vs Starbucks

by West » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Looks like a Muslim group is boycotting Starbucks because of Starbucks pro LGBTQ stance. This should be a good one. I've got my popcorn ready.

Who do the liberals support?

https://www.google.ca/amp/mobile.reuter ... SKBN19R0NM
All-Star

Re: Muslims vs Starbucks

by OttSens » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:33 pm

They are free to boycott whoever they want for whatever reason they want. In this situation thought I think their boycott is stupid.
Starter

by Cujo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:12 pm

So, I can't speak for all liberals, but I would suspect they support the right for these Muslim groups to do so, whether it's right or wrong. I think most would also support boycotting a Muslim business owner, who supports this boycott against Starbucks.

BTW This group may as well boycott the country, because federal, provincial, and municipal governments also support LGBTQ rights. As do most large corporations country wide.
Practice Squad

by alphamale111 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Cujo wrote:So, I can't speak for all liberals, but I would suspect they support the right for these Muslim groups to do so, whether it's right or wrong. I think most would also support boycotting a Muslim business owner, who supports this boycott against Starbucks.

BTW This group may as well boycott the country, because federal, provincial, and municipal governments also support LGBTQ rights. As do most large corporations country wide.

Yup.
Veteran

by KevinRiley2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:48 pm

OttSens wrote:They are free to boycott whoever they want for whatever reason they want. In this situation thought I think their boycott is stupid.

Agree and agree.
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Is very much the same situation as the Christian Baker, who refused to make cupcakes for a couple who were getting gay-married.

except for the outrage

The above scenario is currently at the supreme court level in the USA,
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by RedandWhite » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:48 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:Is very much the same situation as the Christian Baker, who refused to make cupcakes for a couple who were getting gay-married.

...not really, if it were only a boycott of the bakery by the LGBTQ community then I'm sure the shop owners would have no issue...in the case of the bakery thing in colorado the shop owner and his family were threatened with violence....so, worse than a boycott...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by argonaut11xx » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:54 pm

RedandWhite wrote:
argonaut11xx wrote:Is very much the same situation as the Christian Baker, who refused to make cupcakes for a couple who were getting gay-married.

...not really, if it were only a boycott of the bakery then I'm sure the shop owners would have no issue...in the case of the bakery thing in colorado the shop owner and his family were threatened with violence....so, worse than a boycott...

You are correct my friend, I wasn't getting into the details, just throwing out a similar scenario.

It will be an interesting test of religious freedoms in the USA
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by RedandWhite » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:09 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:It will be an interesting test of religious freedoms in the USA

...not sure what is being tested, a faction of the muslim community is exercising their right to boycott a business, that's not really a test of religious freedom, no one is going to make them go..

...and I would imagine a huge number of starbucks customers who are also muslim will still be lining up for their double-poof-puff-latte tomorrow morning...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by PTBO Dave » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:10 pm

except for the outrage

The above scenario is currently at the supreme court level in the USA,

I thought he was great as batman . . . didn't know about the cupcake thing.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by West » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Should CNN send out their investigating team to find out the name of these bigots and then publish their information so that their nut job followers can track these guys down and set them straight?
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm boycotting starbucks too ...Along with Tim Hortons

LONG LIVE DUNKIN DONUTS !!!
All-Star

by West » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 pm

I boycott Starbucks as well. Their coffee is disgusting and who wants to give $5 a shot to a company who act like the Grinch and won't even put Merry Christmas on your cup?

Down with Starbucks :thdn:
All-Star

by beaglehound » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:58 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:I'm boycotting starbucks too ...Along with Tim Hortons

Boycott Tim Hortons???

In your dreams!

"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:04 pm

beaglehound wrote:
oo DAWG oo wrote:I'm boycotting starbucks too ...Along with Tim Hortons

Boycott Tim Hortons???

In your dreams!

By all means enjoy your crappy service and unstirred coffee ...
Mine is a personal boycott
All-Star

Next