How Low can CNN go?

How Low can CNN go?

by West » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:36 pm

CNN is caught colluding with the Clinton campaign during the US election. After the election, Van Jones utters the most racist thing i have ever heard on cable television, and pouts because his candidate lost. Then CNN admits the Russia story is mostly B.S. and a nothing burger but continues to press it for ratings.

Now CNN is threatening to release the personal information of Reddit user, HanA**holeSolo, because of a tape showing Trump laying a beating on the CNN logo. They say if he does not apologize they will release his personal information such as his IP address and his name. Naturally they face backlash as it's illegal to do so and CNN tries to play the victim :thdn:

CNN continues to stoop lower and lower and cannot come to grips with the reality that they are no longer relevant.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... oblem.html

They cry first amendment until it applies to some one else.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by Aerial » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank goodness I don't have to pay for CNN with my basic cable subscription as it's not a network I need to subscribe to. I watch the PBS nightly news at 6:30, tape it and watch it the next morning, PBS while biased of course, does present a fairly reasonable balanced viewpoint.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 2907
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:22 pm
Location: Hamilton, ON

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by ArgoT » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:07 pm

CNN and MSNBC are dying entities and thankfully Donald has exposed them for what they are fake news specialists.
Go Donald Go.


Build the Wall.....Build the Wall.....Build the Wall
All-Star
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

West wrote:Now CNN is threatening to release the personal information of Reddit user, HanA**holeSolo, because of a tape showing Trump laying a beating on the CNN logo. They say if he does not apologize they will release his personal information such as his IP address and his name. Naturally they face backlash as it's illegal to do so and CNN tries to play the victim :thdn:

CNN continues to stoop lower and lower and cannot come to grips with the reality that they are no longer relevant.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... oblem.html

They cry first amendment until it applies to some one else.

There's no way CNN would stoop THAT low. I don't believe the story.

The whole video is something kids would do. It's silly, childish and a "nothing burger". Again, I don't believe it's true.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8652
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by West » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:41 pm

“CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change,”


Sounds an awful lot like blackmail to me. The sickos at CNN are disgusting.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by West » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:43 pm

ArgoT wrote:CNN and MSNBC are dying entities and thankfully Donald has exposed them for what they are fake news specialists.
Go Donald Go.


Build the Wall.....Build the Wall.....Build the Wall


Amen brother. It'd be nice to see both of these news orgs go under as they are exposed more and more.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by ArgoT » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:44 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
West wrote:Now CNN is threatening to release the personal information of Reddit user, HanA**holeSolo, because of a tape showing Trump laying a beating on the CNN logo. They say if he does not apologize they will release his personal information such as his IP address and his name. Naturally they face backlash as it's illegal to do so and CNN tries to play the victim :thdn:

CNN continues to stoop lower and lower and cannot come to grips with the reality that they are no longer relevant.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... oblem.html

They cry first amendment until it applies to some one else.

There's no way CNN would stoop THAT low. I don't believe the story.

The whole video is something kids would do. It's silly, childish and a "nothing burger". Again, I don't believe it's true.



Yes it's true.
CNN is now the police watch dog, judge and jury.
On a silly story to begin with, how humour less can the operation be.
Like Donald previously exposing them, now they have doubled down to expose itself.

Build the Wall.....Build the Wall.....Build the Wall
All-Star
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by PTBO Dave » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:45 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
West wrote:Now CNN is threatening to release the personal information of Reddit user, HanA**holeSolo, because of a tape showing Trump laying a beating on the CNN logo. They say if he does not apologize they will release his personal information such as his IP address and his name. Naturally they face backlash as it's illegal to do so and CNN tries to play the victim :thdn:

CNN continues to stoop lower and lower and cannot come to grips with the reality that they are no longer relevant.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... oblem.html

They cry first amendment until it applies to some one else.

There's no way CNN would stoop THAT low. I don't believe the story.

The whole video is something kids would do. It's silly, childish and a "nothing burger". Again, I don't believe it's true.


So you're saying Fox would spread fake news? Inconceivable!

The funny thing is that CNN has sunk so low that this kind of story seems plausible.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by West » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 pm

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.



http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/ ... index.html

I read that as a threat. The guy is probably a 15 year old kid being threatened by CNN. I bet they are proud of themselves.

These dudes down at CNN sure are something.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by West » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:14 pm

This from CNN host Chris Cuomo on Twitter

“Should CNN reveal name of Reddit user who made trump wrestling video?”


We later find out CNN claims they didn't release his name out of safety concerns but appear to reserve the right to release it if he doesn't behave himself on the internet.

CNN trying to play the internet police :roll:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by TravelPat1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:57 pm

The middle aged man behind the Reddit posts apologized for all his trolling posts.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cnn-tru ... 202487418/

The Reddit user, who has not been publicly identified by name beyond his handle of “HanA–holeSolo,” posted a lengthy apology on Tuesday for crafting the CNN video and for previous Reddit posts widely deemed racist, anti-Muslim and anti-Semitic. He apologized to CNN and to members of the Reddit community


In his apology, the Reddit user claimed that his past offensive posts were the result of an “addiction” to seeing if he could get a rise out of other users with extreme statements. The user insisted he “never meant any of the hateful things I said in those posts.”


The Reddit user has deleted his prior posts, including one that featured photos of prominent CNN employees with Jewish stars next to their names.


“CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again,” Kaczynski wrote. “In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same. CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

A CNN source said there was no intention to pressure the Reddit user but rather to emphasize that they made the decision to spare him from being outed publicly because of what they perceived as the sincerity of his apology. The man, described by CNN as middle-age despite assertions on social media that he is 15, posted the apology and then contacted Kaczynski (a CNN reporter) by telephone.


I don't know. I'd say CNN was fairly reasonable IMO. If the guy wants to publicly troll CNN and CNN knows who he really is. I think they have the right to make that public if they choose to do so. In this case they decided to accept the apology.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:33 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:The middle aged man behind the Reddit posts apologized for all his trolling posts.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cnn-tru ... 202487418/

The Reddit user, who has not been publicly identified by name beyond his handle of “HanA–holeSolo,” posted a lengthy apology on Tuesday for crafting the CNN video and for previous Reddit posts widely deemed racist, anti-Muslim and anti-Semitic. He apologized to CNN and to members of the Reddit community


In his apology, the Reddit user claimed that his past offensive posts were the result of an “addiction” to seeing if he could get a rise out of other users with extreme statements. The user insisted he “never meant any of the hateful things I said in those posts.”


The Reddit user has deleted his prior posts, including one that featured photos of prominent CNN employees with Jewish stars next to their names.


“CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again,” Kaczynski wrote. “In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same. CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

A CNN source said there was no intention to pressure the Reddit user but rather to emphasize that they made the decision to spare him from being outed publicly because of what they perceived as the sincerity of his apology. The man, described by CNN as middle-age despite assertions on social media that he is 15, posted the apology and then contacted Kaczynski (a CNN reporter) by telephone.


I don't know. I'd say CNN was fairly reasonable IMO. If the guy wants to publicly troll CNN and CNN knows who he really is. I think they have the right to make that public if they choose to do so. In this case they decided to accept the apology.

The whole thing is disgusting. CNN was wrong to threaten him. They were right to withhold his name.

If CNN would just let this go, people would have forgotten about that silly video LONG ago. Part of me thinks they like the publicity.

It was a SILLY joke. Get over it, CNN. :thdn:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8652
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by TravelPat1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 am

Threaten him with what - saying his name? This isn't a crimestoppers case where somebody wants to maintain their privacy for security reasons by keeping that information from the bad guys when doing something good.

This is a case of an admitted troll who liked to spew hate on his posts for kicks.

The old adage if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen comes to mind. And CNN by turning their spotlight on this guy - just turned up the heat - and the guy apologized and left the kitchen before it got any hotter for him.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by West » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:26 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:The whole thing is disgusting. CNN was wrong to threaten him. They were right to withhold his name.

If CNN would just let this go, people would have forgotten about that silly video LONG ago. Part of me thinks they like the publicity.

It was a SILLY joke. Get over it, CNN. :thdn:


:thup:

CNN is a joke plain and simple.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: How Low can CNN go?

by oo DAWG oo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:26 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Threaten him with what - saying his name? This isn't a crimestoppers case where somebody wants to maintain their privacy for security reasons by keeping that information from the bad guys when doing something good.

This is a case of an admitted troll who liked to spew hate on his posts for kicks.

The old adage if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen comes to mind. And CNN by turning their spotlight on this guy - just turned up the heat - and the guy apologized and left the kitchen before it got any hotter for him.

Its a safety thing Pat..
Or do you not get that?
All-Star
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:44 am

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests