Why Canada.....why

Re: Why Canada.....why

by argonaut11xx » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:16 pm

omar khadr and justine trudeau

2 things that make me EMBARRASSED to be Canadian
Attachments
y.png
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by Abendschan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:17 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:For crying out loud.

This was a 10 yr old boy that was taken to God forsaken Afghanistan, brainwashed, and most likely also terrorized, into doing what he did as a 15 year old CHILD. I dare anybody to say they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they would have done any different. His actions, if truly guilty, were reprehensible, but none of us have the right to judge the mind and soul of this BOY.

No 15 year old should be put through what those a-hole U.S. crud did to him. There is room for doubt as to if he even did what he “confessed” to doing.

I do not know what Canada should have or could have done in this situation. I don’t know if we legally wronged or failed him. I do know that no one should be condemning him. No one has the right to morally condemn him.

As to his present state of mind, he deserves the benefit of the doubt until he demonstrates otherwise.

:thup:
Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation
Los Angeles Rams - Ram Nation in LA
Starter

by argonaut11xx » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 pm

My DOG just took a crap.

I picked it up, and put it in the trash.

Omar Khadr does not merit that kind of treatment.

He is a MURDERER, a RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST, and a LOSER.

The other thing was just SH*T.
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by letsgoticats » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:omar khadr and justine trudeau

You do realize this was going on well before Trudeau took office right?
Starter

by argonaut11xx » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:28 pm

letsgoticats wrote:
argonaut11xx wrote:omar khadr and justine trudeau

You do realize this was going on well before Trudeau took office right?

trudeau makes everything worse

khadr is just a murderer, and radical Islamic terrorist

yep...great role models (BARF)
Starter

by FootbalYouBet » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:40 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:
(BARF)

barf is right. That pretty much describes your contribution to this topic.
Live well and please God

FYB has left the building
Hall of Famer

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:47 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:My DOG just took a crap.

I picked it up, and put it in the trash.

Omar Khadr does not merit that kind of treatment.

He is a MURDERER, a RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST, and a LOSER.

The other thing was just SH*T.

:thdn:

Come on. Let's not scrape the bottom to post here. :thdn:
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:53 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:
argonaut11xx wrote:
(BARF)

??

so you side with

- MURDERERS?
- RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS?
- LOSERS?

Sully made an eariler comment about personal attacks, but no worries, my Grandfather landed on Juno beach, as a member of the Royal Canadian Engineers so that YOU can have an opinion, just like me.

No matter your side, many Canadian folks DIED so we could differ.

So Sully, no worries about this personal attack, I take it as FREE SPEECH, and I sure do believe in that.
Starter

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:54 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:??

so you side with

- MURDERERS?
- RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS?
- LOSERS?

Sully made an eariler comment about personal attacks, but no worries, my Grandfather landed on Juno beach, as a member of the Royal Canadian Engineers so that YOU can have an opinion, just like me.

No matter your side, many Canadian folks DIED so we could differ.

So Sully, no worries about this personal attack, I take it as FREE SPEECH, and I sure do believe in that.

Please stop. I'm sure you can make your point without posting like you have.
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Was I not attacked personally?

YUP...

Sully? (I don't care, I'm a big boy who can defend myself)

I am sickened in every way by giving a MURDERER taxpayer money.

I am sickened in every way by saying sorry to a RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST

Ya, I'm a BAD Canadian, and I'm sure my Grandfather who landed at Juno Beach would be upset at me.

Free Speech? (only if its far left, or left leaning).

khadr is a LOSER.

If the TRUTH hurts, get a bandaid
Starter

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:10 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:Was I not attacked personally?

YUP...

Sully? (I don't care, I'm a big boy who can defend myself)

I am sickened in every way by giving a MURDERER taxpayer money.

I am sickened in every way by saying sorry to a RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST

Ya, I'm a BAD Canadian, and I'm sure my Grandfather who landed at Juno Beach would be upset at me.

Free Speech? (only if its far left, or left leaning).

khadr is a LOSER.

If the TRUTH hurts, get a bandaid

I have no idea whether you were attacked - I didn't see it. I'm just hoping you can be civil and I'm saying you don't need to be crude/vulgar/aggresive with your posts. Again, please stop.
All-Star

by Abendschan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:16 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:
argonaut11xx wrote:
(BARF)

FootbalYouBet :thup: Abendschan
Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation
Los Angeles Rams - Ram Nation in LA
Starter

by Aerial » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:33 pm

How many Canadians right now are wishing they were in Mr. Khadr's shoes? I bet millions. And I just might be one of them actually.

Sweet deal any way to want to cut the mustard. He's laughing. Hey, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve what his legal team fought for, not at all. Absolutely not. His team done good. :thup:
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by OttSens » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:18 pm

beaglehound wrote:OttSens writes:"The speeding comparison is not a good analogy. It is basically a reverse of Godwin's law. You are comparing a man being tortured to someone going over the limits by a couple kilometres. "

Then you will have to come up with your own analogy OttSens. You are just not getting it. You do not think my speeding example is a good analogy. I think it is a great one. And I do not know for the life of me why you can't get it.

If you adhere to the letter of the law then speeding is defined as going over the speed limit of 50 clicks an hour no matter how much or how little. If you adhere to the spirit of the law in my example then you focus on what the intent of the law is suppose to be, namely to reduce speeding and accidents. To accomplish that you factor in human error and allow some leeway hopefully accomplishing the implied goals. The judicial system has applied the spirit of the law in millions of case over history. Taking into account an individual's age, absence of a criminal record and even the person's upbringing all factor into the equation. Work only from the letter of the law and there is no room to consider mitigating factors.

As far as answering your other question I would need to read up on the case in detail to give a well thought out answer. I have no desire to do that right now but I will say this: To give this individual $10 million is a sham and the Canadian government should be ashamed of itself.

I understand letter vs spirit of the law. But the reason I say it is a bad analogy is because of the extent the laws are being broken, and the severity of the offence. How in anyway is allowing a citizen's rights to be compromised staying true to the spirit of the law? And to compare that to going over the speed limit a negligible amount is an insult.

I appreciate that you would want to review more details to give a well thought out answer, but if you don't know the details how can you say what the government did was a sham? Even if you don't give me a detailed answer what would be a basic description of the sort of government response you are looking for?
Starter

by Aerial » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Canadian gov't caught between the proverbial rock and hard place. What they wanted to do, we don't know but what they had to do with Khadr's legal defence, well that's what happened. Not much the gov't could do in this case seems to me.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

PreviousNext