Why Canada.....why

Why Canada.....why

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:34 am

Canada has just done it for me
Its bad enough its soft on criminals and murderers...
But this is just too much...
What if it was Canadians that found this twirp and got killed would the reaction be the same ?
What if the Americans didn't catch him he would have continued .
He should be thanking and begging forgiveness and saying sorry to Canada and the USA for his actions.
But for Canada to appologize to him...and give him 8 million..thats just wrong ..
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/04/omar-khadr-former-gitmo-prisoner-who-killed-us-solider-to-get-from-canadian-govt.amp.html
All-Star

Re: Why Canada.....why

by DAN38 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 am

I will admit Dawg that i don't know too much about this story. I did read your article and all i can say is that when this country deals in these matters, we do tend to err on the side of stupid.

I wonder will we be sending any money to the injured ? That would be the right thing to do.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:31 am

This story makes my BLOOD boil. :twisted:
Attachments
Omar-Khadr.jpg
The Convicted Terrorist Murderer gets 10.5 million of Canadian Taxpayers Money. Chris Speer gets murdered, and his young wife loses her husband
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by argonaut11xx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:37 am

Chris Speer is rotting away in this box, while our IDIOT pm justine "LOSER" trudeau gives a CONVICTED TERRORIST MURDERER 10.5 million dollars of TAXPAYER money. Its beyond SICKENING.

Whats next for our cuckold justine? Wouldn't surprise me if little ms trudeau apologized for our WW2 Canadian soldiers killing Nazi's. This trudeau moron is nothing but a JOKE
Attachments
speer_casket.jpg
The DEAD body in this casket is the MURDER victim, killed by TERRORIST khadr.
speer_casket.jpg (38.05 KiB) Viewed 250 times
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by West » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:07 am

He claims to now reject violent jihad. I don't buy it. Imagine what this nut can do with 10.5 million. Maybe he should be moved out of Edmonton and sent to live among the people who elected the Liberals and among the Supreme Court justices?
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:10 am

THIS IS WHO OMAR KHADR IS.....

Khadr pleaded guilty to five war crimes, including murder and conspiracy.

Knew his father had a close relationship with the head of al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden.

Attended one-on-one private terrorist training from a member of al-Qaeda.

Learned to use rocket-propelled grenades, assault rifles and improvised explosive devices during training in Afghanistan in June 2002.

Hoped to kill "a lot of Americans" in order to receive reward money ($1,500 US per American killed.)

Chose to engage in a firefight with U.S. troops while armed with an AK-47 Kalashnikov rifle and pistol.

THIS IS WHO CHRISTOPHER SPEER WAS

Speer was awarded the Soldier's Medal for risking his life to save two Afghan children who were trapped in a minefield on July 21, 2002, two weeks before his death
Starter

by oo DAWG oo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am

I am so glad I am not alone in being upset about it
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:54 pm

...I think a lot of people dawg wonder where is the justice....
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by GernB » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Conveniently announced after Parliament has risen....I guess we can console ourselves that we don't have to listen to the little prince stumble and ummm and uhhh his way through any justifications....as if there ever could be any!
Veteran

by sully » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 pm

I'd keep in mind that his confessions of his crimes were made under pretty extreme duress (waterboarding and sleep deprivation), and that no matter how evil he may be, by international law our government can't just look the other way and let the U.S. do whatever they want to a Canadian citizen. In his place - again, keeping in mind he was a max of 15 years of age at the time and that he'd lived his entire life around the putrid human beings that are his mother and (deceased) father - we'd want the proper rule of law to apply to us. War or not, the rule of law must be kept paramount.

The unconscious Khadr was airlifted to receive medical attention at Bagram. After he regained consciousness approximately a week later, interrogations began. He remained stretcher-bound for several weeks.[47] Col. Marjorie Mosier operated on his eyes after his arrival,[53] though fellow detainee Rhuhel Ahmed later said that Khadr had been denied other forms of surgery to save his eyesight as punishment for not giving interrogators the answers they sought.[54] His requests for darkened sunglasses to protect his failing eyesight were denied for "state security" reasons.[55]

Khadr states that he was refused pain medication for his wounds, that he had his hands tied above a door frame for hours, had cold water thrown on him, had a bag placed over his head and was threatened with military dogs, was flatulated upon, and forced to carry 5-gallon pails of water to aggravate his shoulder wound. Not allowed to use a washroom, he was forced to urinate on himself.[47][60] His chief interrogator was Joshua Claus. Following the in-custody death of wrongly accused Dilawar that same year, he pleaded guilty to abusing detainees to extract confessions.[62]
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.
Site Staff

by argonaut11xx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:38 pm

A U.S. judge granted $134.2-million in damages to Chris Speers widow. in her lawsuit against former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Khadr.

The piece of human gutterfilth, known as Khadr should not see a penny of our taxpayer money. It should go towards paying the lawsuit he LEGALLY owes.

However our loser/a-hole justine will find a way to get the money to the ADMITTED terrorist/murderer.

This sickens me to the CORE. Funny how the terrorist has chosen to live in Alberta, justine forgot Alberta was a part of Canada on Dominion day this year.

Khadr was part of a firefight, Khadr wasn't there as a Canadian tourist, seeing the local sites. Khadr was TRAINED as a terrorist. He had a machine gun, and other weapons on him. So poppy cock if he was interrogated in a tough way. He is a murderer.

I'm so ashamed of the Canadian government, and what this country is turning into.
Starter

by DAN38 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:57 pm

I find our obsession with how the world sees us is the culprit behind so many asinine decisions.

The obvious irony, as ARGO points out, is if Khadr was such a valued Canadian citizen why would he be where he was in the first place.
All-Star

by sully » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 pm

DAN38 wrote:I find our obsession with how the world sees us is the culprit behind so many asinine decisions.

The obvious irony, as ARGO points out, is if Khadr was such a valued Canadian citizen why would he be where he was in the first place.

He was 10 years old at the time he departed Canada, I believe. His father and older brother(s) took him.
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.
Site Staff

by TravelPat1 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm not going to try to defend the payment to Khadr as I don't know enough about the process that resulted in him being awarded this settlement. Nor will I defend Khadr.

But there was a lot of grey in this entire Khadr story and it is not nearly as black and white as some would like to make it.

He was a 15 year old in a war zone and during a battle with 'his enemy' and after years of being held in what amounted to an illegal prison in Guantanamo where apparently he was possibly illegally tortured he eventually pleaded guilty to killing the American soldier during a gunfight.

As sad as I feel for the soldier's family and as much as I strongly dislike his terrorist father and family - I don't quite get holding somebody who was 15 at the time in a war zone liable for millions in damages over a combat zone death during a gun fight. Has that happened in any other war? Should he have not instead been treated as a POW with the Geneva Convention rules applicable?

This column from 2010 before Khadr was released back to Canada I think is a pretty good summary of the conundrum this situation created.
http://www.davidnewland.com/2010/10/the ... ndrum.html
All-Star

by DAN38 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:21 pm

sully wrote:
DAN38 wrote:I find our obsession with how the world sees us is the culprit behind so many asinine decisions.

He was 10 years old at the time he departed Canada, I believe. His father and older brother(s) took him.

All that tells me is he was a Canadian on paper only. Why do we owe him anything ?

I'm sick of the bleeding heart crap from this country.
All-Star

Next