MSNBC jokes about assassinating Kushner

Re: MSNBC jokes about assassinating Kushner

by West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Trump did say he'd pay someone's legal fees to punch out a protester after that protester assaulted him by throwing a tomato at him. This is the only thing that comes close to the MSNBC commentators comment.
All-Star

by sambo42 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:06 pm

West wrote:
OttSens wrote:Remember when Trump said the second amendment people "could do something" about Hillary?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ople-comm/

And it took exactly one post to deflect to Trump :roll:

As it should.... just more cherry picking to deflect from the right's hidden agenda
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
Hall of Famer

by West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:54 pm

sambo42 wrote: hidden agenda

No hidden agenda. The right is just getting tired of the left loons sour grapes and violent outbursts.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 pm

OttSens writes:

"You do realize that quote you posted was a statement that was released after Trump's speech? To me that seems like back pedalling. And yes, there is room for interpretation, but Trump has to realize that making a comment like does imply violence, even if he intended otherwise."

Of course it was released after Trump's speech. When else would it have been released? What does that have to do with anything? There is a difference between implied and inferred. You say he implied something nasty. I say you inferred that it was nasty. What your "interpretation" amounts to OttSens is simply based on what you inferred. Why can you not accept that even Politifact's conclusion is that it was open to interpretation. What exactly does that mean to you? Some will interpret it the way you do, others will not. That doesn't mean they are in denial.

I agree that Trump should tone the rhetoric down. I have always felt that. Trump also said Clinton should be in jail. Was he meaning that she should do hard time? Was he meaning she should be thrown into solitary confinement and given only bread and water? What we cannot do is say he "implied" any of that.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

Previous