Trudeau's gaffe

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by PTBO Dave » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:44 pm

DAN38 wrote:
West wrote:How about this comment made a few years back by Trudeau?

“Canada isn’t doing well right now because it’s Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda.”

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jus ... 5008704b2d

He then apologized after being harshly criticized

You're completely missing the point West. He's popular !

And he apologized. That makes it all better.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Look, Justin isn't the brightest wick in the world, we all know that, but he's not as nearly as a bully or narcissistic as Trump is and I guess what most people in Canada want as a leader, more image than substance but I don't think anyone does it better on image than Justin so that will carry him in the long run. Trump can learn on image from Trudeau, no question as a leader of a country is basically 75-80 percent image and the rest on substance I'd say.

What Trump needs to do is soften his image aka Trudeau and just be nicer, that'll carry him a long way. Let the GOP carry the message substance. But Trump wants to be it "all" so it seems and that is his biggest problem. His tweeting is making him look too much like a bulldog and it's just not cutting it.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by Preisst » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:39 pm

I didn't hear it myself, why would I waste time listening to a spoiled pampered rich brat whose only job has been as a failed drama teacher?, but I don't doubt he did it on purpose. He hates everything about Alberta except for the money used to support the country.....
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by sambo42 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Much ado about nothing... but some people need something to ***** about I guess... :?
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
Hall of Famer

by Preisst » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:05 pm

sambo42 wrote:Much ado about nothing... but some people need something to ***** about I guess... :?

How ironic.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Preisst wrote:I didn't hear it myself, why would I waste time listening to a spoiled pampered rich brat whose only job has been as a failed drama teacher?, but I don't doubt he did it on purpose. He hates everything about Alberta except for the money used to support the country.....

:thup:
All-Star

by sambo42 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Preisst wrote:
sambo42 wrote:Much ado about nothing... but some people need something to ***** about I guess... :?

How ironic.

Its true... but then again... truth hurts doesn't it? :|
ryan3434: gandhi was a black hating racist
Hall of Famer

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 pm

West wrote:
Preisst wrote:I didn't hear it myself, why would I waste time listening to a spoiled pampered rich brat whose only job has been as a failed drama teacher?, but I don't doubt he did it on purpose. He hates everything about Alberta except for the money used to support the country.....

:thup:

I only heard it myself because I am convalescing and there wasn't much else on. My wife picked up on it right away. I didn't because I wasn't really listening to him as much as I was watching his schmooze show. He truly is a poser. Posers have very little substance.

But at least he isn't bad as Trump. as bad as Trump..as bad as Trump....... :roll:
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:38 pm

A bit harsh, don't you think?

I'm sure JT was a fine drama teacher, not a failed one.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:44 pm

sambo42 wrote:
Preisst wrote:

How ironic.

Its true... but then again... truth hurts doesn't it? :|

I guess you would know. Prime Minister of the country fails to mention one of the provinces in a talk during the celebration of the country's 150th birthday. Ppull comment on it. The vitchers then vitch about a relevant subject matter that has had a thread created about it for the sake of discussion.

Vitchers will be vitchers.

Imagine if it was Quebec whom he "accidentally" forgot to mention. Imagine if it was Harper who "accidentally" forgot to mention Quebec.

Get back to us after you've digested that concept for a day or so. :roll:

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 pm

If Harper forgot to mention Ontario or one of the Maritime provinces, the Cons would say, "It's just a mistake and no big deal". So...

It's just a mistake and no big deal.
Last edited by KevinRiley2 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by argonaut11xx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Hey justine trudeau ...

You have this man crush on omar khadr, a murderer radical islamic terrorist, even though he is a CRIMINAL, the big bad USA didn't treat him with respect that a Canadian killer terrorist deserves. You are right there for him justine.

Oh, do you realize that a Canadian Pastor is being held in a North Korean prision? Yep this guy actually went there to HELP people (not KILL people like your man-crush khadr). His rights as a Canadian are being ABUSED. Why no help? why no outrage?

Christian Pastor --no help--no 10.5 million--no criminal

omar khadr--lots of help---10.5 million taxpayers $$---is a criminal and a radical Islamic terrorist

Really? is this the new Canada? cause if it is , it SUCKS
Last edited by argonaut11xx on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STICKS AND STONES MAY BRAKE MY BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME ...don't need a "safe space" ever...
Starter

by OttSens » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:56 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:If Harper forgot to mention Ontario or one of the Maritime provinces, the Cons would say it's just a mistake and no big deal. So...

Hell, during the Harper government the PMO made a news release about Harper's trip to "Iqauluit".

A news release sent out Monday outlined Prime Minister Stephen Harper's itinerary as he began a five-day Arctic tour.

The release repeatedly spelled the capital of Nunavut as Iqualuit - rather than Iqaluit, which means "many fish" in the Inuktitut language.

The extra "u" makes a big difference.

"It means people with unwiped bums," said Sandra Inutiq of the office of the Languages Commissioner of Nunavut.

"It's not exactly a nice term."

Ms. Inutiq said people who speak Inuktitut are sometimes offended or even angered when non-northerners incorrectly spell the name of their capital.

The Prime Minister's Office was apologetic, calling the gaffe a human error that might teach Canadians an important lesson about spelling mistakes.

Off course, some idiots made a mountain out of a mole hill and got offended and angry about the mistake like we saw with Trudeau's. But the government made the only response they needed to with an apology like Trudeau did.
Starter

by OttSens » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:01 pm

argonaut11xx wrote:Hey justine trudeau ...

You have this man crush on omar khadr, a murderer radical islamic terrorist, cause even though he is a CRIMINAL the big bad USA didn't treat him with respect that a Canadian killer terrorist deserves.

Oh, do you realize that a Canadian Pastor is being held in a North Korean prision? Yep this guy actually went there to HELP people (not KILL people like your man-crush khadr). His rights as a Canadian are being ABUSED. Why no help? why no outrage?

Christian Pastor --no help--no 10.5 million--no criminal

omar khadr--lots of help---10.5 million taxpayers $$---is a criminal and a radical Islamic terrorist

Really? is this the new Canada? cause if it is , it SUCKS

Do you think that the Canadian government is doing nothing to try and secure the release of any Canadian held prisoner in North Korea or any other hostile state? Do you really expect North Korea, a country with whom our relations are so bad we don't even have official relations, to return a citizen as easily as our closes ally the United States?
Starter

by Preisst » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:If Harper forgot to mention Ontario or one of the Maritime provinces, the Cons would say, "It's just a mistake and no big deal". So...

Interesting. So what would the leftie wingnuts do? I'm sure we both know you guys would be screaming bloody murder and start protesting something, I mean it would have to be part of his "hidden agenda" wouldn't it?

It's quite clear that this country is split and it is probably irreconcilable. I really really wish there was some way to divide us up cuz I'm getting sick and tired of it. Private business and visionaries on one side.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

PreviousNext