Trudeau's gaffe

Trudeau's gaffe

by West » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Leave it to ol Bambi to forget that Alberta is a province on Canada day :roll:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by OttSens » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:21 pm

Meh, it was obviously a mistake and he apologized. Politicians are people too and are bound to make mistakes. Thi is a non-issue.
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:39 pm

OttSens wrote:Meh, it was obviously a mistake and he apologized. Politicians are people too and are bound to make mistakes. This is a non-issue.

Agree.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 8652
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by PTBO Dave » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Yes, it was just another gaffe to add to the pile:

Baltic States are not at thing, Kim Campbell was not a PM (or maybe not a woman?), Alberta is not part of Canada, First Nations kids just need a place for their canoes . . .
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by OttSens » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:45 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:Yes, it was just another gaffe to add to the pile:

Baltic States are not at thing, Kim Campbell was not a PM (or maybe not a woman?), Alberta is not part of Canada, First Nations kids just need a place for their canoes . . .



Yeah, there are a lot of them. Just wait till election season when we will see a bottomless well of attack ads for every party highlighting the stupid things all the other leaders have said too.
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:57 am

I learned the names of ALL the provinces when I was in grade 2. I haven't forgotten one yet ! I guess one might slip my mind though, if I was giving a speech where I had to remember so much BS all at once. Ya, give him a break...
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by TravelPat1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 am

Alberta was in the prepared text of his speech - he just missed reading it. If people are needing to reach this far to be critical of him - he must be doing a good job.

I did notice the cheers for him were among the loudest for anybody during the Parliament Hill ceremonies. :-)
All-Star
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Alberta was in the prepared text of his speech - he just missed reading it. If people are needing to reach this far to be critical of him - he must be doing a good job.

I did notice the cheers for him were among the loudest for anybody during the Parliament Hill ceremonies. :-)



He's the leader of our country for cripes sake. He left out a MAJOR province, not a small backwater town. Over 4 million people were not mentioned, approx. 1/10th of the population. If he can make a gaff like that, then what's going on with our money/future/welfare.

Only two words for you Pat. Baa,baa :lol:
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by PTBO Dave » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:11 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Alberta was in the prepared text of his speech - he just missed reading it. If people are needing to reach this far to be critical of him - he must be doing a good job.

I did notice the cheers for him were among the loudest for anybody during the Parliament Hill ceremonies. :-)


If only this were the only reason to be critical of Trudeau. Kind of like people who lose it over Trump's insulting tweets . . . if only that were the only reason to be critical of him.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:16 am

It's no secret the LPOC hates Alberta. Perhaps this was intentional. Perhaps it was a Freudian slip. Or perhaps Trudope doesn't know how to read a piece of paper. Either way.

Wasn't it him who also called evangelical Christians un Canadian? The man is divisive even if some choose to bury their head up his backside.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by OttSens » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:31 pm

West wrote:It's no secret the LPOC hates Alberta. Perhaps this was intentional. Perhaps it was a Freudian slip. Or perhaps Trudope doesn't know how to read a piece of paper. Either way.

Wasn't it him who also called evangelical Christians un Canadian? The man is divisive even if some choose to bury their head up his backside.


Source?
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by TravelPat1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:32 pm

He remains the most popular leader in Canada with an approval rating over 50% - well above the percentage of votes he received in the last election. And the contrast of how he conducts himself as leader of the country compared to what we see south of the border can only help Trudeau.

Plus there seem to be some good economic trends of late which has the dollar recovering from the beating it took due to the collapse of oil pricing with the Bank of Canada talking of possibly even being able to raise interest rates for the first time in seven years next week.

It started on June 12, when senior deputy governor (of the Bank of Canada) Carolyn Wilkins told a Winnipeg audience that Canada's economy was starting to "pick up" and was showing signs of "moving past" the oil shock.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:39 pm

How about this comment made a few years back by Trudeau?

“Canada isn’t doing well right now because it’s Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda.”


http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jus ... 5008704b2d

He then apologized after being harshly criticized
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by DAN38 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:54 pm

West wrote:How about this comment made a few years back by Trudeau?

“Canada isn’t doing well right now because it’s Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda.”


http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/jus ... 5008704b2d

He then apologized after being harshly criticized


You're completely missing the point West. He's popular !
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:50 am

Re: Trudeau's gaffe

by West » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:43 pm

.. damn him and his great hair
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 am

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests