Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!

by TravelPat1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:57 am

Have a great weekend celebating Canada's 150th everybody!

My weekend celebrations kicked off with the Tall Ships arrival here in Hamilton yesterday. Here some shots I took as these gorgeous ships arrived. :-)

All-Star

Re: Happy Canada Day!

by beaglehound » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Happy Canada Day! May today be a day of celebration and a day we truly know why we are celebrating this historic Canadian birthday. If you have a faith pray to whomever that Canada will be protected from those who would do us harm. Pray that for those in government that they will protected and remain safe and that they will choose to make wise decisions based on moral conscience and values that many over the generations worked so hard to uphold.

If you do not a faith then spend some time in reflection. Let us all appreciate more than ever what we have and not be distracted by what we want. Let us all be careful and avoid slipping into a mood of complacency thinking that we can never lose what we and our fathers and mothers and the many generations before them worked so hard to attain.

We are not insulated. We are not immune to terrorist attacks but there is a high measure of feeling relative free and safe to go about our activities. May we never lose this.

We are not having to flee as refugees to seek safe harbour in a foreign land. We are not a police state. We do not see citizens packing assault rifles.

As you sing O Canada today and I hope you will.... following is a translate of the meaning of our anthem....

O Canada! Our home and native land,
True patriot love in all thy sons command!
With glowing hearts we see thee rise
The True North strong and free,
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee;
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Translation?

"Canada, our home and the country where we were born, you make all your people truly love you! With joy we watch you get better and better. You are the True North, strong and free. Our citizens come from all over the earth and we watch over you to keep you safe. God, please keep our land good and free! O Canada, we watch over you to keep you safe."

"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Greatest Country On Earth And It`s A Blessing To Live Here !!!
All-Star

by beaglehound » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:36 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:Greatest Country On Earth And It`s A Blessing To Live Here !!!

Indeed Kevin. Indeed! I feel that more now than I ever have. Maybe it is because of what all is happening around the world or because I gotten a little older and have been on the receiving end of a lot of wisdom from some older folk.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:43 pm

beaglehound wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:Greatest Country On Earth And It`s A Blessing To Live Here !!!

Indeed Kevin. Indeed! I feel that more now than I ever have. Maybe it is because of what all is happening around the world or because I gotten a little older...

:thup:

My thoughts exactly. The older I get, the more my priorities move away from the superficial and more towards what's important in life - health, happiness, family, friends, peace of mind (Prince Of Peace ;) ).
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Well said Bono! (as I take a break in Canada Day festivities here in Hamilton because unfortunately it has started to pour rain again. Hopeflly clears out in time for the fireworks.

http://globalnews.ca/video/3570383/bono ... -in-ottawa
All-Star

by DAN38 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:21 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Well said Bono! (as I take a break in Canada Day festivities here in Hamilton because unfortunately it has started to pour rain again. Hopeflly clears out in time for the fireworks.

http://globalnews.ca/video/3570383/bono ... -in-ottawa

I hate to rain on anyone's Canada Day but I think you and Bozo better bono up on a little history. The truth is not so warm and fuzzy as the powers that be would have you believe.
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Last night at Gage Park, near Tim Horton's Field actually, watching David Usher, was simply electric. What a fantastic venue near the Niagara Escparpment, magic, pure magic for my wife and me seeing this great Canadian musician and for free! :o

Love David, he interacts with the crowd and especially the kiddies, he is a father and knows the value of respect for family. His music is a tad alternative and not the taste for many, but we love him. The guy is Canadiana all the way. And It's Your Festival is a small festival in Hamilton, I doubt he was being paid much. and coming down here from Montreal with his mates For a 5 time Juno award winner. Nice! :thup:
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by beaglehound » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Aerial wrote:Last night at Gage Park, near Tim Horton's Field actually, watching David Usher, was simply electric. What a fantastic venue near the Niagara Escparpment, magic, pure magic for my wife and me seeing this great Canadian musician and for free! :o

Love David, he interacts with the crowd and especially the kiddies, he is a father and knows the value of respect for family. His music is a tad alternative and not the taste for many, but we love him. The guy is Canadiana all the way. And It's Your Festival is a small festival in Hamilton, I doubt he was being paid much. and coming down here from Montreal with his mates For a 5 time Juno award winner. Nice! :thup:

Love the picture Aerial. I'm really happy you and your wife enjoyed the day like that. :rockin:
Last edited by beaglehound on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks beagle. I was having a rough night with spasms and weakness and couldn't stand up a few times and went to the ground spasming. Breathing heavily, stupor part of this, tremors in various parts, paramedics came over but I deal with this a few times a week, eventually after a few minutes I'm able to get up. But it's getting time for a walker I'm afraid or at least no more standing, need to bring a chair of some sort to sit on. It's getting more difficult to try and fight this thing. I'm stubborn but enough is enough my wife says, she doesn't want to be a leaning post any longer and can't keep me up when I have total weakness.

We all have to struggle through things in life, right now this is the biggest struggle I've ever had. Hopefully the neurologist I see at the end of July will help to confirm some sort of diagnosis other than "functional" which just means they don't know what it is.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by West » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Aerial wrote:Thanks beagle. I was having a rough night with spasms and weakness and couldn't stand up a few times and went to the ground spasming. Breathing heavily, stupor part of this, tremors in various parts, paramedics came over but I deal with this a few times a week, eventually after a few minutes I'm able to get up. But it's getting time for a walker I'm afraid or at least no more standing, need to bring a chair of some sort to sit on. It's getting more difficult to try and fight this thing. I'm stubborn but enough is enough my wife says, she doesn't want to be a leaning post any longer and can't keep me up when I have total weakness.

We all have to struggle through things in life, right now this is the biggest struggle I've ever had. Hopefully the neurologist I see at the end of July will help to confirm some sort of diagnosis other than "functional" which just means they don't know what it is.

Brutal Aeriel. Well wishes to you.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:38 pm

West wrote:
Aerial wrote:Thanks beagle. I was having a rough night with spasms and weakness and couldn't stand up a few times and went to the ground spasming. Breathing heavily, stupor part of this, tremors in various parts, paramedics came over but I deal with this a few times a week, eventually after a few minutes I'm able to get up. But it's getting time for a walker I'm afraid or at least no more standing, need to bring a chair of some sort to sit on. It's getting more difficult to try and fight this thing. I'm stubborn but enough is enough my wife says, she doesn't want to be a leaning post any longer and can't keep me up when I have total weakness.

Brutal Aeriel. Well wishes to you.

Yes. Me, too. :thup:
All-Star

by Aerial » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks guys. And I wish all the best of health to you and all here.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:53 am

Sorry to hear that Earl. Glad you were still able to get out to the beautiful Gage Park to enjoy some of the weekend.

The rain did clear Saturday in lots of time to draw tens of thousands to Bayfront Park for a great fireworks display accompanied by the Boris Brott Orchestra.

https://www.facebook.com/TravelPat/vide ... 096956827/

https://www.facebook.com/TravelPat/vide ... 542707973/
All-Star