Roberto Osuna

Roberto Osuna

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Roberto Osuna, the Jays best player, is out because he is feeling anxious and lost - outside of baseball. If I didn't know any better, he sounds a little suicidal. I hate the Jays but we all wish Osuna the best.

Let's keep him in our prayer / well wishes.
All-Star

Re: Roberto Osuna

by TravelPat1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Good for him to have the courage and sense to seek help.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 pm

TravelPat1 wrote:Good for him to have the courage and sense to seek help.

The fans and friends of Roberto will insure he knows that "Roberto is NOT alone!"

What a brave and courageous disclosure. This kid will be a hero to so many!
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:21 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Good for him to have the courage and sense to seek help.

The fans and friends of Roberto will insure he knows that "Roberto is NOT alone!"

What a brave and courageous disclosure. This kid will be a hero to so many!

I agree with both of you. I am impressed. And, if he takes the team down in the process (to me, he is the MVP), it's a win-win. :thup:
All-Star

by jamie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:05 am

Gawd man, that is seriously a mean spirited comment.
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:20 am

I wish the best for him, human being to human being sort of thing. I hope they find out what exactly this anxiousness is all about but it could take some time to find out if it's 100 percent mental, 100 percent physical or organic, or some combination of the two.

I am very familiar with neuropsychiatric symptoms that are confusing both neurologists and a psychiatrist at this point after close to 2 years of intermittent weird symptoms. That in and of itself can cause some level of anxiety but whether the anxiety is primary or secondary with Osuna, that can be difficult to determine. Might take some time.

Talking about this, some of you might find this peer-reviewed paper interesting and how anxiety can be involved with neurological (organic) disorders:

Neurological syndromes which can be mistaken for psychiatric conditions

All illness has both psychological and physical dimensions. This may seem a startling claim, but on reflection it is uncontroversial. Diseases don’t come to doctors, patients do—and the processes by which patients detect, describe, and ponder their symptoms are all eminently psychological. This theoretical point has practical implications. If we adopt a “bio-psycho-social” approach to illness generally, one which recognises the biological, psychological, and social aspects of our lives, we become less likely to neglect the treatable psychological origins of many physical complaints (from globus hystericus to full blown conversion disorder) and the treatable psychological consequences (such as depression and anxiety) of much physical disease.
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/76/suppl_1/i31
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Aerial wrote:I wish the best for him, human being to human being sort of thing. I hope they find out what exactly this anxiousness is all about but it could take some time to find out if it's 100 percent mental, 100 percent physical or organic, or some combination of the two.

I am very familiar with neuropsychiatric symptoms that are confusing both neurologists and a psychiatrist at this point after close to 2 years of intermittent weird symptoms. That in and of itself can cause some level of anxiety but whether the anxiety is primary or secondary with Osuna, that can be difficult to determine. Might take some time.

Talking about this, some of you might find this peer-reviewed paper interesting and how anxiety can be involved with neurological (organic) disorders:

Neurological syndromes which can be mistaken for psychiatric conditions

All illness has both psychological and physical dimensions. This may seem a startling claim, but on reflection it is uncontroversial. Diseases don’t come to doctors, patients do—and the processes by which patients detect, describe, and ponder their symptoms are all eminently psychological. This theoretical point has practical implications. If we adopt a “bio-psycho-social” approach to illness generally, one which recognises the biological, psychological, and social aspects of our lives, we become less likely to neglect the treatable psychological origins of many physical complaints (from globus hystericus to full blown conversion disorder) and the treatable psychological consequences (such as depression and anxiety) of much physical disease.
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/76/suppl_1/i31

Anxiety tends to be the flip side of depression, so there is danger there. I sure hope he`s okay. He seems like a nice man... and a good Catholic!!! As I said before, let`s keep him in our prayers/well wishes.
All-Star

by Aerial » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Well it could be something like a form of bipolar if he has really wide mood and behaviour swings, who knows.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star