What is "Our Way of Life"?

Re: What is "Our Way of Life"?

by DAN38 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:51 am

jamie wrote:It's difficult to have a real two sided conversation about abortion.

When the words used are "brainwashed". And" slaughtering ". "You can't deny" "You know I'm right" as the baseline it makes it difficult to have that discussion. At least for me. This is not the place for it imo.Certainly I'm surprised that you guys think abortion is such a significant part of your defining of "our way of life" .
Dan...there is no answer to your question that will make you content. Feel free to be happy or unhappy with that, it makes no difference to me how you react. That's totally up to you.

Yes, instead of discussing or debating, run away. You've probably been running away for a while now. No matter what I say or how I say it, it should not affect your ability to state your case.

And almost any answer to my question is better than what you wrote. I knew you wouldn't answer. If I was you, I would not have any mirrors in my house......... You know what jamie/slant, if you had come on here and answered me "YES I was slant" I would have had a much greater respect for you, maybe even hope. If you had said "NO" and we could prove you right, I would've apologized very humbly. You still have a chance to answer me.....
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by jamie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Trust me Dan...I have no desire to gain your respect. It's completely irrelevant. You are just an anonymous internet poster to me. Nothing more nothing less. I have no idea what the real person behind their pose is like.Some posters opinions expressed I respect. Some I do not. Some are interesting some are not. But I certainly don't think of you or anyone on here as anything but a cyber shadow. Anyway you can save your respect. Your reaction is yours.
All-Star

by DAN38 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:37 pm

jamie wrote:Trust me Dan...I have no desire to gain your respect. It's completely irrelevant. You are just an anonymous internet poster to me. Nothing more nothing less. I have no idea what the real person behind their pose is like.Some posters opinions expressed I respect. Some I do not. Some are interesting some are not. But I certainly don't think of you or anyone on here as anything but a cyber shadow. Anyway you can save your respect. Your reaction is yours.

SLANT
All-Star

by West » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:38 pm

... so is that a yes to being slant?
All-Star

by DAN38 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm just a cyber shadow, now that's a new one for me. Maybe part of the problem is that I am able to function and relate to people in the real world. I can interact without the need of a screen in front of me. I see a lot of people who have trouble with that.....
All-Star

by beaglehound » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 pm

jamie wrote:Trust me Dan...I have no desire to gain your respect. It's completely irrelevant. You are just an anonymous internet poster to me. Nothing more nothing less. I have no idea what the real person behind their pose is like.Some posters opinions expressed I respect. Some I do not. Some are interesting some are not. But I certainly don't think of you or anyone on here as anything but a cyber shadow. Anyway you can save your respect. Your reaction is yours.

Incredible Jamie slant. Absolutely incredible. You stated that you don't think of anyone here on the CFL forums as anything more than cyber "shadows" but you ask those cyber shadows to "trust" you. Seriously? If we are merely cyber shadows then you would be one too. How is one able to put trust in a cyber shadow but not gain the respect of said cyber shadow? You need to give a little more thought to what you're trying to say especially when you are trying to have a go at a "shadow" aka Dan38, because remember Jamie Slant...... only the Shadow knows. :rockin:

"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by jamie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:05 am

inspector...remember you need the sun to have a shadow.

anyway...this is getting boring.

Carry on with your discussion with your buddies about what rights women should have with their own bodies and carrying out your investigations.
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 am

...cyber prig
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by PTBO Dave » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:22 am

RedandWhite wrote:...cyber prig

Yup. All nag and no substance. What a surprise.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by beaglehound » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:11 pm

jamie wrote:
Carry on with your discussion with your buddies about what rights women should have with their own bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by pigseye2015 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Western Civilization is a metaphysical force which moves with the flow of civilization. It is the pure essence of mankind's culture and connects together everything that constitutes humanity's collective spirit and civilization.

The fact that some people have to even ask this question gives me very little hope for the future of all civilization.
Starter

by letsgoticats » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 pm

pigseye2015 wrote:Western Civilization is a metaphysical force which moves with the flow of civilization. It is the pure essence of mankind's culture and connects together everything that constitutes humanity's collective spirit and civilization.

The fact that some people have to even ask this question gives me very little hope for the future of all civilization.

Maybe lay off the grass until it's legal. :cowboy: :P
Starter

by Aerial » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:28 pm

letsgoticats wrote:
pigseye2015 wrote:Western Civilization is a metaphysical force which moves with the flow of civilization. It is the pure essence of mankind's culture and connects together everything that constitutes humanity's collective spirit and civilization.

Maybe lay off the grass until it's legal. :cowboy: :P

But it does give more of an instant access to Maslow's self-actualization top level of man's needs. I stick with booze to get me there quick when I need it but whatever drug of choice works, no prob. :wink:
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

Previous