What is "Our Way of Life"?

Re: What is "Our Way of Life"?

by jamie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Travel...true. Here too.
So maybe its a "our way of life" to expect consultation and get it with decisions at least in local matters. I kind of think that's a key part of our way of life. Community, as opposed to strictly individual, has always counted a lot in Canada I think.
All-Star

by Cujo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:11 pm

DAN38 wrote:"Our Way of Life" also includes the ability to end the life of an unborn innocent child with nary the flutter of an eyelash....Other "Ways of Life" do wonder about this.

I find it highly ironic that the Liberal Government is being accused of delaying the euthanasia bill by using 'isolated and rare' incidents as an argument against. YET the abortion law was passed using 'isolated and rare' incidents as examples. Pregnancy from 'rape and incest' is very 'rare and isolated' compared to the number of abortions performed each day, each year.

Maybe it's just me but I thought Our Way of Life was to help people live, not die. We always look at other countries and say"life is cheap over there." We should be looking at ourselves first.

"Our Way of Life" also includes the woman's right to choose. I find it Ironic, that in a secular society, where you are free to practice a religion of your choice, you feel, although personally valid and entitled to your views, think that the rest of society should follow your way of thinking, rather than minding your own business.

The thing about abortion, is if you don't believe in it, you don't have to get one.
Practice Squad

by DAN38 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Cujo wrote:
DAN38 wrote:"Our Way of Life" also includes the ability to end the life of an unborn innocent child with nary the flutter of an eyelash....Other "Ways of Life" do wonder about this.

I find it highly ironic that the Liberal Government is being accused of delaying the euthanasia bill by using 'isolated and rare' incidents as an argument against. YET the abortion law was passed using 'isolated and rare' incidents as examples. Pregnancy from 'rape and incest' is very 'rare and isolated' compared to the number of abortions performed each day, each year.

Maybe it's just me but I thought Our Way of Life was to help people live, not die. We always look at other countries and say"life is cheap over there." We should be looking at ourselves first.

"Our Way of Life" also includes the woman's right to choose. I find it Ironic, that in a secular society, where you are free to practice a religion of your choice, you feel, although personally valid and entitled to your views, think that the rest of society should follow your way of thinking, rather than minding your own business.

The thing about abortion, is if you don't believe in it, you don't have to get one.

So you think I should mind my own business and don't say anything while thousands of innocent children are being murdered. Anything goes in your world I guess. We weren't asked en masse if we all wanted abortion legalized.

If you were born after 1969, you are lucky you are here because your mother, who had a woman's right to kill you, could have ended your chance at a full life on a whim. Stick that in your pipe...
Si vis pacem... para bellum
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Cujo wrote:

And who speaks for the unborn Cujo? Who will be their voice if those who are trying to defend the unborn are to mind their own business? This goes far far beyond a woman's "right" to choose abortion as a means of contraception or means of avoiding an inconvenience. Why do you find it ironic that the unborn have rights too? They have the right to life just as you do! Because they are unable to speak for themselves it makes a difference??

Is it ironic that when a pregnant woman gets onto a bus how many are willing to give up their seat for her? Isn't it ironic how many find it despicable when an assailant shoots a pregnant woman in the belly or stabs her in the abdomen but others think nothing of ripping the limbs of the unborn as it is being sucked from a mother's womb?

I am sick and tired of hearing the mantra " It's the woman's right to choose" And many women are sick and tired of hearing it too. Women have rights for sure, just as men do but that is not the issue. How ironic that a female does not have the right to choose to commit suicide or to choose to mutilate her body by cutting and disfiguring it but in your mind she has the right to choose whether she wants to destroy a human life! Preserving the life of the unborn is everyone's business, not just the woman who is pregnant.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by West » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 pm

The abortion debate isn't a religious vs. non religious thing. There are plenty of non religious folks who don't agree with abortions and there are religious folks who believe it's ok to abort.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Cujo wrote:

It's certainly not just a matter of religion. Plenty of atheists also do not support abortion. One can value human life without religion and many non-religious people see unborn children as human life.

Our modern secular society is also based on laws that everyone must follow (or face the consequences). Not everyone is going to agree with every law and in order to progress as a society we have to keep examining those laws. There have been plenty of actions that were once considered legal that are now considered abominable abuses of human rights.

I think one day we'll see the same attitude toward abortion, though probably not until aborted fetuses can be kept alive in artificial wombs thus allowing for convenience and respect for life.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by DAN38 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Thank you Beagle. I could not have said it better myself.

What I find immensely ironic is that in this world of all encompassing freedoms, I am being told to mind my own business AND, AND I am wanting to save the lives of unborn children !!! I WANT them to live. I WANT them to have freedom. All the other freedoms are about life. Abortion is about death no matter which way you twist it. Death for the most precious, most innocent and most needy of all humans, a baby.

Abortion is one thing that really bothers me. If my stance is wrong, then I feel this is truly a sad place.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Cujo writes, "I find it Ironic, that in a secular society, where you are free to practice a religion of your choice, you feel, although personally valid and entitled to your views, think that the rest of society should follow your way of thinking, rather than minding your own business."

Your argument cuts both ways Cujo. Prior to 1969 abortion was illegal in Canada. Did those who were in favour of abortion mind their own business? All you are saying is that if it is something you agree with then others should mind their own business but if it is something you personally don't agree with then it's okay for you to stick your nose in such business.

And why bring up the religious thing?
I think others have answered that quite well.

The "it's my body" female argument is worn out. The "it's the woman's right to choose" is worn out. We all want our personal freedoms and many believe that government should mind its own business and stay out of our lives.
Slaughtering the innocent born as a means of contraception and convenience is one "freedom" that this country does not need. If it annoys you because others desire to protect the unborn and given them a voice and those who are speaking up are not minding their own business I ask you directly....

Who is there to speak for the innocent unborn? Who?
Last edited by beaglehound on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by DAN38 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:58 pm

I wonder if our friend Cujo is an ally of jamie/slant ?

At pretty well the same time around 1969 Trudeau was saying the country needed more people and he embraced multiculturalism and opened immigration, he made it legal to kill one's own offspring. Now that's ironic.
All-Star

by jamie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Hahaha...there you go.
A nice little agreeable session takes place between 3-4 likeminded old guys supporting their points, and then two guys get ripped for disagreeing AND speaking up for the accepted medical and lawful rules of the country.

Tolerance boys...tolerance..
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:54 pm

jamie wrote:Hahaha...there you go.
A nice little agreeable session takes place between 3-4 likeminded old guys supporting their points, and then two guys get ripped for disagreeing AND speaking up for the accepted medical and lawful rules of the country.

Hahaha...there you go again with the soap box tolerance preaching Jamie Slant. Man, you are piece of work. Just read some of your own "comments" and then start preaching to us about tolerance...

Jamie writes: Maybe, instead of hiding your needs to have an abortion debate, you should start up another thread as opposed to camouflaging it here? Yep, that's displaying tolerance for others' opinions.

Jamie writes: Quit assigning left/right nonsense onto this. Oh yes, another example of "tolerance" at its best.

Jamie writes: Let's not be childish. Here we go again :lol:

Jamie writes: Bible, oh lord, please pass the bible. My oh my. A little tolerance there Jamie Slant, a little tolerance.

Jamie writes: This isn't a liberal vs conservative discussion. It's a madness vs stupidity discussion. Yep. Definitely a fine display of tolerance

But the coup de gras?? Oh it is sweet...

This next one should earn Jamie Slant the Nobel Prize in Literature if not in BS and I quote:

Jamie writes:
"Intolerance is so much fun."
All-Star

by jamie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Oh c'mon Clouseau...you can do better than that to show my intolerance. Dig boy dig. You have a lot of time on your hands.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:21 pm

jamie wrote:Oh c'mon Clouseau...you can do better than that to show my intolerance. Dig boy dig. You have a lot of time on your hands.

You're right Jamie Slant. But it is not just time I have on my hands so you'll have to be patient...........and tolerant.

All-Star

by jamie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Haha...those were good movies.
Anyway I am an intolerant SOB. Impatient and arrogant too. There saved you some time.

And there are some on here, often you included, who I think are windbags. But that's life hey?
All-Star

by DAN38 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 pm

jamie wrote:Hahaha...there you go.

I was told I should mind my own business. Is that tolerance ?
All-Star

PreviousNext