Pop goes the Weasel - Donny Trump fires FBI Comey

Re: Pop goes the Weasel - Donny Trump fires FBI Comey

by Lyle B. Style » Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 pm

jamie wrote:FWIW ...I read somewhere that trumps Caribbean mansion is up for sale for $26M

Good to know Jamie - I suspect even if Trump's lies & deceptions are shut down via impeachment or resignation he'll fight like the dickens to create a buffer zone - allowing his holdings (currently in some kind of f'n clumsy trust) to proceed without challenge!

The Art of the Full Meal Deal, to put it bluntly!

Right now Trump is at a precipice half-way between Richard Nixon and Al Capone. If he's kicked off the throne I can't imagine any scenario the Trump organization benefits!

Anyone else have thoughts on it?
All-Star

by jamie » Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm

I think if he is forced out his company will suffer big league.
Personally I think his brand has suffered. No real proof but common sense tells me that. I mean he can't even get into his god awful Louis IV condo in New York now with all the protests outside. One thing he has correct he is under siege. Just because you are a paranoid nutbar doesn't mean that many are out to get you. Actually on a human scale it must be terrible to be his wife and young son.
All-Star

by ArgoT » Tue May 16, 2017 9:51 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen - The Next President of the United Stated - Mikyael Pence!

Amen. :rockin:

More fake news.
More like Donald is guaranteed to be a 2 term President.

Build the Wall.....Build the wall.....Build the Wall
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:24 am

ArgoT wrote:
RedandWhite wrote:...hey y'all, did you guys ever hear of this thing called The Clinton Foundation? holey moley, it's astounding what those two did in the name of money...you should look it up sometime...

What a money laundering, anti American fiasco.
Completely opposite of my man Donald.
The operation plus the principals should be shut down and locked up for good.

Build the Wall.....Build the Wall.....Build the Wall

Hmm. One guy jacking up rates and trying to pull in millions from very rich people (who he will give tax breaks to) at his golf clubs and luxury hotels and resorts and new building projects - all for his personal gain.

The other a foundation that saved millions of lives in Africa with their work on the AIDS epidemic there, helping with education for girls, other health initiatives, helping build infratructure to help protect poorer areas from the impacts of climate change, clean drinking water iniatives etc. One of the highest rated charities in the world by organizations that rate charities for the amount of money that actually goes to services provided rather than overhead. Only 12% of funds raised went to overhead and the costs of raising funds an excellent $2 for every $100 raised.

Just for comparisons sake
Clinton Foundation - A
Red Cross - A- (A minus)

So we are in complete agreement ArgoT - completely the opposite of your man Donald.

Yes I know that some of the people who donated to the Foundation also paid big bucks for Clinton speeches - but at least the overwhelming majority of the hundreds of millions raised went to good causes. Not the case with what we see with Trump.
All-Star

by West » Wed May 17, 2017 9:38 am

This latest 'scandal' is quite humorous. If Comey felt Trump was sabotaging an investigation, he had the duty to file charges against him at the time. Since it's been a few months since this alleged conversation took place and no charges were filed, it's pretty obvious that there wasn't any intent or appearance of trying to derail an investigation.

Of course the conspiracy theory crowd is going to milk this for all its worth.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:30 am

West I'm getting dizzy watching you.

Yes some have said he should have immediately reported this. But as other numerous former FBI agents, former Attorney Generals etc have mentioned since this news broke last night that in view of everything else that was happening in mid-February at the time of this conversation with Trump - the Trump-Russia ties, a brand new attorney general who had reports swirling around him about meetings with Russians that had him recuse himself two weeks later. It made sense to keep this to a close circle as releasing the information would likely have impacted the ongoing investigation.

And that is likely why he limited his discussions of this to a handful of senior FBI officials he worked with and made a written record of the conversation as I'm sure we will hear when Comey testifies.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:15 pm

West wrote:This latest 'scandal' is quite humorous. If Comey felt Trump was sabotaging an investigation, he had the duty to file charges against him at the time. Since it's been a few months since this alleged conversation took place and no charges were filed, it's pretty obvious that there wasn't any intent or appearance of trying to derail an investigation.

Of course the conspiracy theory crowd is going to milk this for all its worth.
im offended the left is culturally appropriating the rights culture. We do conspiracy theories way better.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm

...and trophy wives

Senor Non-Sequitur
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by West » Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 am

TravelPat1 wrote:West I'm getting dizzy watching you.

Yes some have said he should have immediately reported this. But as other numerous former FBI agents, former Attorney Generals etc have mentioned since this news broke last night that in view of everything else that was happening in mid-February at the time of this conversation with Trump - the Trump-Russia ties, a brand new attorney general who had reports swirling around him about meetings with Russians that had him recuse himself two weeks later. It made sense to keep this to a close circle as releasing the information would likely have impacted the ongoing investigation.

And that is likely why he limited his discussions of this to a handful of senior FBI officials he worked with and made a written record of the conversation as I'm sure we will hear when Comey testifies.

Ah ok this is how you will spin it. Gotcha.

By law Comey had to file charges right away. He did not. It means he either broke the law or he didn't at the time feel it was worthwhile pursuing.

Sessions also announced around that time he would recuse himself so your spin doesn't really make sense.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Thu May 18, 2017 5:31 am

So Comey called Trump's bluff. WHERE"S THE "TAPES". :lol: Comey doesn't have a worry.
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Thu May 18, 2017 5:35 am

2 worlds ... West world and the real world. :lol:
Attachments
images Yul.jpg
images Yul.jpg (14.74 KiB) Viewed 41 times
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Thu May 18, 2017 5:40 am

ArgoT wrote:
KevinRiley2 wrote:
Lyle B. Style wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen - The Next President of the United Stated - Mikyael Pence!

Amen. :rockin:

More fake news.
More like Donald is guaranteed to be a 2 term President.

Build the Wall.....Build the wall.....Build the Wall

Tom, your pro-Dumpster rants are getting shorter and shorter. It's hard to defend the indefensible.
Veteran

by West » Thu May 18, 2017 7:01 am

If what is being shared in the media is 'factual' why don't these sources make themselves known? Do they have something to hide?

A lot of gators in that swamp no doubt.
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Thu May 18, 2017 8:22 am

Funny how the White House snuffed an interview Kellyanne Conway had booked with Trump-friendly Fox News - and their evening host - the toe-sucker Tucker Carlson (aka Bow-Tie boy from his earlier days at CNN)

Funny cuz the White House had propsed the interview and Fox/Carlson had accepted.

Reports say Conway (or the white house communication curmudgeon) canceled the interview about an hour before air-time - but Carlson and Fox kept promoting the thing until Carlson started his show.

Listen, Kellyanne Conway is just about the last person I'd hire to put on-air defending the president shortly after Bob Moeller has been signed for a lengthy dredge of the President via Special Counsel. I can only think of a couple people worse than Kellyanne - one is our own Johnny Sideface, Jean Chretien and the other would be Uncle Foolish, George Bush.

I'm sure Vince McMahon has his eyes set on bringing in Conway as a heel manager if her days in politics are numbered (they appear to be). Conway is very good in fake reality - and what better fake reality than the one WWE creates weekly!
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:So Comey called Trump's bluff. WHERE"S THE "TAPES". :lol: Comey doesn't have a worry.

You don't think a vicious bat-crazy mind like Donald Trash couldn't create a set of 'Fake Tapes' putting new words in Comey's voice?

Note: Comey's first play after special counsel appointed was to play coy about appearing at open senate or house hearings. Comey has already snuffed out Hilary Clinton with his innappropriatley timed revelations. Now, he knows he hold the "trump card" which can topple La Grande O'Range! I think the investigation might now hold Comey back - until they see what other information they have on Trumpster.

Of course, the longer they wait the easier it is for Donny Doom to put out a hit on Comey - taking care of one part of the mega-problem!
All-Star

PreviousNext