Washington State...

Washington State...

by ryan3434 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:42 pm

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washing ... ports-say/
, May 9, 2017, at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation after a portion of a tunnel that contained rail cars full of nuclear waste collapsed. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren, File)

Eek.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

Re: Washington State...

by RedandWhite » Tue May 09, 2017 2:16 pm

...Godzilla
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by EastVanMark » Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 pm

I hope to drive down there and get a little radiation exposure so I get superpowers like Radioactive Man.
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Tue May 09, 2017 2:52 pm

...be sure to let us know how that experiment goes
Site Staff

by ryan3434 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:54 pm

RedandWhite wrote:...Godzilla

Tmnt.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by Aerial » Tue May 09, 2017 3:49 pm

ryan3434 wrote:https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2017/05/09/tunnel-collapses-at-hanford-nuclear-waste-site-in-washington-state-reports-say/
, May 9, 2017, at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation after a portion of a tunnel that contained rail cars full of nuclear waste collapsed. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren, File)

Eek.

Hmmm, reminds me a bit of where the Mayor of Hamilton wanted to put the stadium, on top of an old Rheem plant where it was known that toxic chemicals that were dumped were all in the soil underneath. At the West harbourfront. Imagine if the stadium had of been built on this site and the stadium sunk in (used to be marshy at one time as well) and this happened during an event with fans. Not good!

Just cap it and forget it some might say rather than a proper cleanup and leave a potential bigger problem for future generations with a building on top.

Anyways, they should do a proper cleanup of that tunnel now and not just do a haphazard job.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 am

Aerial wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-nation/wp/2017/05/09/tunnel-collapses-at-hanford-nuclear-waste-site-in-washington-state-reports-say/

Eek.

Hmmm, reminds me a bit of where the Mayor of Hamilton wanted to put the stadium, on top of an old Rheem plant where it was known that toxic chemicals that were dumped were all in the soil underneath. At the West harbourfront. Imagine if the stadium had of been built on this site and the stadium sunk in (used to be marshy at one time as well) and this happened during an event with fans. Not good!

Just cap it and forget it some might say rather than a proper cleanup and leave a potential bigger problem for future generations with a building on top.

Anyways, they should do a proper cleanup of that tunnel now and not just do a haphazard job.

... and the beautiful town of Port Hope ... glowing dirt everywhere.
Veteran

by letsgoticats » Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 am

Aerial wrote:

Eek.

That's an insane comparison :lol:
Starter

by EastVanMark » Wed May 10, 2017 4:48 pm

RedandWhite wrote:...be sure to let us know how that experiment goes

Just got back.

I'm feeling kinda woozy. No superpowers to speak of either. :(
All-Star

by oo DAWG oo » Wed May 10, 2017 7:26 pm

EastVanMark wrote:
RedandWhite wrote:...be sure to let us know how that experiment goes

Just got back.

I'm feeling kinda woozy. No superpowers to speak of either. :(

Just wait...spidermans powers came while he slept....see how ya feel in the morning
All-Star

by RedandWhite » Thu May 11, 2017 7:50 am

....and glowing urine isn't really a superpower...
Site Staff

by oo DAWG oo » Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 am

RedandWhite wrote:....and glowing urine isn't really a superpower...

It's not? Darnit i got all excited when I went last night thought I was onto something fifured i'd save the world and all that....
I even came up with a superhero uniform...

Guess Urineman will have to make his debut another time
All-Star