Government funded media

Government funded media

by ryan3434 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:11 pm

If it wasnt biased enough.. I may move to Australia.
The story
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... iness.html

The reaction
https://youtu.be/hr1GaJiGKGA
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

Re: Government funded media

by PTBO Dave » Sat May 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Interesting that she suggests taxing foreign news sources.

How long till each poster in the American Politics thread has to cough up a loonie in order to post? :o
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat May 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Translation is that the Liberals want to control the media by buying them out, so to speak in one respect. I dont' know. :)
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Sat May 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Aerial wrote:Translation is that the Liberals want to control the media by buying them out, so to speak in one respect. I dont' know. :)

Yes, that's the fear. We don't want to end up with only the CBC as it becomes a propagandist mouthpiece of the Liberal government like the KCTV of North Korea. :o
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by Aerial » Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Well yup, that's the fear for sure PTBO.
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by jamie » Sun May 07, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think this is good government policy to examine such things. Canada needs to be somewhat protected.

Think back or check history on " Canadian Content" policy on our airwaves. It allowed Canadian artistry to gain a foothold. Without it I don't think we would have the thriving music/arts scene we currently have.

On another different law- more regional- BC policy moved some land in BC into the Agricultural Land Reserve. They did this to protect food production land and can only be sold as agri land.. The next time you drive to Vancouver check the fertile farms from Hope to Abbotsford. Without the ALR rules that would be all developed. That ALR is in place all over BC. It was a very unpopular at the time 50 years ago but still in place.

I think it is important for government to explore ways to protect various forms of Canadian ways. And having a thriving media is important but difficult to maintain here living in the shadows. I don't see it as a way for the Liberals to control things.

Disclosure: I love CBC radio.
All-Star