Bambi-trudeau

Re: Bambi-trudeau

by pigseye2015 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:24 pm

:lol: Great thread title.

Poor bambi surrounded himself with an entire cabinet of fawns, we'll be the next Greece by the time Trump is finished bending over this lot.
Starter

by ro1313 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:45 pm

No not really
Hall of Famer

by Liquor Kitty » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:56 pm

pigseye2015 wrote::lol: Great thread title.

Poor bambi surrounded himself with an entire cabinet of fawns, we'll be the next Greece by the time Trump is finished bending over this lot.

Trump likes giving the tiny shaft without Greece involved.
Veteran

by West » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:00 pm

pigseye2015 wrote::lol: Great thread title.

:thup:
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:04 pm

How he handles Trump will define his Leadership. Sadly, we need the U.S. more than they need us. Perhaps, not as much as we`ve needed them in the past, but we still need them.

For years, Canadian leaders (both political and business) have said we needed to be less reliant on the U.S. and sell around the world. Sadly, I`m not sure they took their own advice.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:37 pm

ro1313 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:
OK, but you did type "He never said that" when in fact he did.

Yes I did, I should have said he never said it that way

It happens to the best of us at times.

ro1313 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:
I'm not going to argue that the Conservatives methods for balancing the budget were always the best, but again they did in fact balance the budget and they did in fact pass the balanced budget act, which the Liberals quickly scrapped so they could triple the deficit they had promised.

I would argue that he never did balance the budget
Then to pass the balanced budget after 9 years of deficits and 1 year of creative accounting is somewhat hypocritical

As for Trudeau scraping it....Its not the first time a new government scrapped something from the previous government...Remember the gun registry?

I'm not criticizing him for changing the laws as he promised to do. I actually respect that he has kept a few of his election promises. It's a shame he hasn't kept more of them.

Having said that, I don't agree with his changing this particular law, especially since it has allowed him to completely ignore his election promises on his budgets and the amount of deficits he would run. Of course, he feels that his expenditures will allow the budget to balance itself, but, based on our governments' history, I'm not holding my breath for that to actually occur.

ro1313 wrote:
West wrote: I am, however, attacking him for his failed election promises, ie electoral reform because of the Alt right, and critiquing how he's likely going to get bullied by Trump in any NAFTA negotiations.

I remember a certain PM promising to never appoint a senator, then appointing over 60 of them

I also remember the same PM promising to never tax income trusts....and then taxing them

It may be a fine line....I prefer a PM who promises to do something and not do it to one who promises to never do something and then do it

Because they will all break promises

A. I don't think Harper's broken promises excuse Trudeau's broken promises.

Regarding doing something one promised not to do, don't forget how Trudeau taking entitlements on the taxpayers' dime that he had formerly argued against, stating that wealthy families like his didn't need taxpayers' help--a small expense in the big scheme of things, but revealing of his character. He's also the guy who champions "positive politics" and yet finger points and fear-mongers quite frequently (not to mention his physical bullying in the House of Commons).

B. I think you're now leaving out context regarding appointing senators. Harper never refused a candidate who was elected to be senator in favour of appointing his own choice, unlike his Liberal predecessors who thought they knew better than the people of Alberta who should represent Alberta in the senate. It will be interesting to see how Trudeau handles an Alberta senate opening (or for any other province that decides to hold an election for senator).
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by West » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:47 am

PTBO Dave wrote:He's also the guy who champions "positive politics" and yet finger points and fear-mongers quite frequently (not to mention his physical bullying in the House of Commons).

Ah yes how did I forget about our golden boy elbowing a woman in the nip?
All-Star

by West » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:37 am

It looks like Bambi is giving himself another raise

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/16268800?ir=Canada
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:21 am

West wrote:It looks like Bambi is giving himself another raise

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/16268800?ir=Canada

I don't mind seeing our MPs (including the PM) getting raises. We want to make sure we're offering enough to attract skilled people to run the country, and given the cost of living, these salaries don't seem exorbitant to me.

The senate, on the other hand, I don't support pay raises since, with the exception of Alberta senators, they're just patronage appointments.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by West » Sun May 07, 2017 2:11 am

The stare down between Trump and Bambi is on. Bambi is now threatening the US if they slap a terrif on lumber. Who will blink first?
All-Star

by Preisst » Sun May 07, 2017 2:19 pm

West wrote:The stare down between Trump and Bambi is on. Bambi is now threatening the US if they slap a terrif on lumber. Who will blink first?

I don't have a lot of confidence in a spoiled pampered rich kid who's never had a job in his life who is now in charge of an entire country. Still highly disappointed so many Canadians were so stupid to actually vote for him......
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Lennywasout » Sun May 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Preisst wrote:
West wrote:The stare down between Trump and Bambi is on. Bambi is now threatening the US if they slap a terrif on lumber. Who will blink first?

I don't have a lot of confidence in a spoiled pampered rich kid who's never had a job in his life who is now in charge of an entire country. Still highly disappointed so many Canadians were so stupid to actually vote for him......

How about all the idiots who voted for the "spoiled, pampered , rich kid, phsyco, racist, etc. " In the US??? I'll take our spoiled, rich kid any day ( especially after Harper).
Veteran

by Preisst » Sun May 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Lennywasout wrote:
Preisst wrote:

How about all the idiots who voted for the "spoiled, pampered , rich kid, phsyco, racist, etc. " In the US??? I'll take our spoiled, rich kid any day ( especially after Harper).

LOL LOL......what does that have to do with anything? Who cares? At least Trump is a businessman who has had a job unlike Trudope, Harper was a million times better then your hero.

fwiw - I detest all politicians but Trudope is an entirely lower and worse level of incompetence mixed with being completely unworthy of the job.......folk like you deserve what you get with him......folk like me now have to be punished for it though you lefties have been making guys like me pay for your ideals for a long time
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by ryan3434 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:44 pm

I dont know where you came from Prreist but i like your passion sir.

Please post more..
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by West » Sun May 07, 2017 9:15 pm

ryan3434 wrote:I dont know where you came from Prreist but i like your passion sir.

Please post more..

He's won my heart with his lefty talk.
All-Star

Previous