Bambi-trudeau

Re: Bambi-trudeau

by oo DAWG oo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 am

ro1313 wrote:Really....You want to go there?

The WTO ruled in Canada's favour 4 times and Harper bent over for the US...He even allowed them to keep the billion in duty that they charged us......

Why don't we wait to see how this plays out

PTBO Dave wrote:And I don't think we have to worry about tariffs on wood and milk and things like that. I have it on good authority that the budget will balance itself. :cowboy:

He never said that

Is it 5 or 4 ....pick one ro
All-Star

by ro1313 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 am

TravelPat1 wrote:
You can bet a month or two from now when trying to score a cheap point one of our right wing posters here will once again post something like 'but Trudeau is so bad he said the balance will budget itself' - leaving out again the context he said it in. They'll be reminded again of the full context - they'll ignore that - and a month later rinse and repeat. :P

That or they will make comments about his hair...

But that is what the cons and their supporters do
If they cant beat them, they bully
Hall of Famer

by PTBO Dave » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

ro1313 wrote:He didn't just say the budget will balance itself

He said if you grow the economy...

If industry is booming they will create jobs and pay taxes
If people are working they will pay taxes
If people are working they are spending money and paying taxes
If people are spending money, they are creating more jobs
If people are working etc. etc. etc.

The anti-liberal people try to make it sound like he said

Meh...who cares? The budget will balance itself

Certainly the leaving context out is a common way to misrepresent things. Fake news has been doing that for ages, whether their leanings are left or right.

With Trudeau's "the budget will balance itself" comment (which you now recognize that he did indeed make, I assume), the context does indeed make it sound less glib on the surface.

At the time he made that comment, he was trying to criticize the Conservatives for balancing the budget. He then went on to make election promises about budgets that economists said were not realistic and then of course has since broken (actually, shattered is probably a better word in this context) those unrealistic promises, all of which suggests he is either naive about economics (which his simplifications about the budget balancing itself suggest) or he was simply lying in order to fool people into voting for him (which his flip on electoral reform suggests).
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by West » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 am

ro1313 wrote:

Are you saying he doesn't have nice hair? He's a good looking chap. No doubt about that.

Are you saying the left hasn't made reference to his looks :? ?
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 am

ro1313 wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:
You can bet a month or two from now when trying to score a cheap point one of our right wing posters here will once again post something like 'but Trudeau is so bad he said the balance will budget itself' - leaving out again the context he said it in. They'll be reminded again of the full context - they'll ignore that - and a month later rinse and repeat. :P

But that is what the cons and their supporters do
If they cant beat them, they bully

Don't forget his narcissistic obsession with selfies . . . we'll make comments about that, too. :wink:

And it's not just conservatives who comment on the looks of the opposition. Check out the anti-Trump thread and you'll see tonnes of posts about hair and skin colour by liberal types.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by ro1313 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 am

PTBO Dave wrote: which you now recognize that he did indeed make, I assume), the context does indeed make it sound less glib on the surface.

I always knew it said it...
How/what he said is the issue

PTBO Dave wrote:At the time he made that comment, he was trying to criticize the Conservatives for balancing the budget.

Balancing the budget?
That was not balancing the budget
He sold the shares in GM and dipped into the generations(I think that is what it is called)fund

He sold his truck for gas money
Hall of Famer

by ro1313 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 am

West wrote:
ro1313 wrote:

Are you saying he doesn't have nice hair? He's a good looking chap. No doubt about that.

What I am saying is

If you cant win by attacking his policies....attack the person.
Its called bullying

     
PTBO Dave wrote:
Don't forget his narcissistic obsession with selfies . . . we'll make comments about that, too. :wink: .

The prosecution rests

But with that said
How does he have this obsession with selfies? He is not taking the selfies.....its the people who take selfies with him...Are you saying he should refuse? Then people would say he thinks he is too big to have his picture taken

PTBO Dave wrote: And it's not just conservatives who comment on the looks of the opposition. Check out the anti-Trump thread and you'll see tonnes of posts about hair and skin colour by liberal types.

Yup.....But I don't care bout Trump....I am only referring to Conservative supporters here or at least anti-liberals....

Just look at the title of this thread
Hall of Famer

by ro1313 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:03 am

oo DAWG oo wrote:
ro1313 wrote:Really....You want to go there?

The WTO ruled in Canada's favour 4 times and Harper bent over for the US...He even allowed them to keep the billion in duty that they charged us......

Why don't we wait to see how this plays out

PTBO Dave wrote:And I don't think we have to worry about tariffs on wood and milk and things like that. I have it on good authority that the budget will balance itself. :cowboy:

He never said that

Is it 5 or 4 ....pick one ro

Actually I think its 5
The point remains

How soon people forget what Harper did
Hall of Famer

by West » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am

ro1313 wrote:
West wrote:
ro1313 wrote:

What I am saying is

Its called bullying

Well I certainly wasn't attacking him for his nice hair. I'd love to have his flow.

It's not just the right wing btw. I've heard Harper be referred to as racoon head and have his appearance attacked. As Dave said take a gander over at the Trump threads. Cheeto Head and the orange blob are my favorites.

I am, however, attacking him for his failed election promises, ie electoral reform because of the Alt right, and critiquing how he's likely going to get bullied by Trump in any NAFTA negotiations.
Last edited by West on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 am

ro1313 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote: which you now recognize that he did indeed make, I assume), the context does indeed make it sound less glib on the surface.

I always knew it said it...
How/what he said is the issue

OK, but you did type "He never said that" when in fact he did.

We can argue about the degree to which the context makes him sound less naive, but the fact remains that he said those words.

ro1313 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:At the time he made that comment, he was trying to criticize the Conservatives for balancing the budget.

Balancing the budget?
That was not balancing the budget
He sold the shares in GM and dipped into the generations(I think that is what it is called)fund

He sold his truck for gas money

I'm not going to argue that the Conservatives methods for balancing the budget were always the best, but again they did in fact balance the budget and they did in fact pass the balanced budget act, which the Liberals quickly scrapped so they could triple the deficit they had promised.

In theory, I'm not dead set against a deficit since spending can indeed spur an economy which can then in theory lead to a situation in which the government can make easier or better strategies to balance its budget. However, in practice we just haven't seen that from our governments, Liberal or Conservative. They continue to run deficits and our debt keeps spiraling up, which means the amount of budget we have to set aside to service that debt keeps growing.

In fact, I think our debt service charges are about the same as the deficit run by the Liberals, around $30 billion. Imagine if we didn't have that debt (which again has been run up by both Liberal and Conservative governments)—we could have all that Liberal spending without a deficit.
-Confucius

All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:19 am

ro1313 wrote:
West wrote:
ro1313 wrote:

What I am saying is

Its called bullying

     
PTBO Dave wrote:
Don't forget his narcissistic obsession with selfies . . . we'll make comments about that, too. :wink: .

The prosecution rests

But with that said
How does he have this obsession with selfies? He is not taking the selfies.....its the people who take selfies with him...Are you saying he should refuse? Then people would say he thinks he is too big to have his picture taken

Come on, ro, don't ruin the narrative. Trudeau constantly forces himself into the photos of innocent bystanders to feed his narcissistic need to be seen on social media, no?

ro1313 wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote: And it's not just conservatives who comment on the looks of the opposition. Check out the anti-Trump thread and you'll see tonnes of posts about hair and skin colour by liberal types.

Yup.....But I don't care bout Trump....I am only referring to Conservative supporters here or at least anti-liberals....

Just look at the title of this thread

You don't have to look far to find left-leaning bullies in Canada who attack right-leaning figures on their looks, demeanor, religious beliefs, etc. rather than on their policies. I'm not trying to say that makes it right; it doesn't. But bullying is from being limited to being done by righties against lefties.
-Confucius

All-Star

by ro1313 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:31 am

PTBO Dave wrote:
OK, but you did type "He never said that" when in fact he did.

Yes I did, I should have said he never said it that way

PTBO Dave wrote:
I'm not going to argue that the Conservatives methods for balancing the budget were always the best, but again they did in fact balance the budget and they did in fact pass the balanced budget act, which the Liberals quickly scrapped so they could triple the deficit they had promised.

I would argue that he never did balance the budget
Then to pass the balanced budget after 9 years of deficits and 1 year of creative accounting is somewhat hypocritical

As for Trudeau scraping it....Its not the first time a new government scrapped something from the previous government...Remember the gun registry?

West wrote: I am, however, attacking him for his failed election promises, ie electoral reform because of the Alt right, and critiquing how he's likely going to get bullied by Trump in any NAFTA negotiations.

I remember a certain PM promising to never appoint a senator, then appointing over 60 of them

I also remember the same PM promising to never tax income trusts....and then taxing them

It may be a fine line....I prefer a PM who promises to do something and not do it to one who promises to never do something and then do it

Because they will all break promises
Hall of Famer

by West » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:42 am

ro1313 wrote:
I remember a certain PM promising to never appoint a senator, then appointing over 60 of them

I also remember the same PM promising to never tax income trusts....and then taxing them

It may be a fine line....I prefer a PM who promises to do something and not do it to one who promises to never do something and then do it

Sure and the left went bananas and rightfully so. I'm no Harper fan so I don't think you will pursude me with references to him.

A PM, left or right, should be assessed on what they promised to do and what they have done imo. When they blame the boogeyman, ie the alt right, for their failed campaign promise, they should be criticized.

They will all break promises for sure. At the same time you can't criticize Harper and give a pass to Trudeau.
All-Star

by ro1313 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:16 am

West wrote: Sure and the left went bananas and rightfully so. I'm no Harper fan so I don't think you will pursude me with references to him.

I'm not

West wrote:
They will all break promises for sure. At the same time you can't criticize Harper and give a pass to Trudeau.

ro1313 wrote:....I am very disappointed in Jr.
Hall of Famer

by West » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:08 pm

West wrote:You said you are disappointed in Jr. Care to elaborate?
All-Star

PreviousNext