O'Reilly done at Fox

Re: O'Reilly done at Fox

by TravelPat1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 am

If a number of the former female anchors at Fox News are to be believed Ailes and O'Reilly were just part of the harrassment problem at Fox News. 'There was harrassment' - 'it was pervasive' and the expectation that 'there is still more to come.'

There is also now a criminal investigation of Fox News over whether or not these 'hush money payments' were legal.

And Colbert was being at his Colbert best on this last night.
- http://mashable.com/2017/04/20/stephen- ... ZBy6o.9mqA
All-Star

by West » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:51 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:
Johnny Ticat slayer wrote:Johnny found out today that this guy was getting paid 20 million US dollars yearly by Fox news!

20 effin million! :o

... and signed a (3) year contract recently. Therefore, possibly 60 mill in severance pay.

My guess is if happy hands Bill is guilty of impropriety he won't see a cent of a payout.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 am

Ailes apparently got a $40 million dollar buyout when he was asked to leave due to allegations against him - so I would not be at all surprised to hear of some sort of buyout of O'Reilly.
All-Star

by West » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:55 am

TravelPat1 wrote:Ailes apparently got a $40 million dollar buyout when he was asked to leave due to allegations against him - so I would not be at all surprised to hear of some sort of buyout of O'Reilly.

Really? That's too bad.

As much as I liked Bill O as an anchor, if he was doing what he was accused of he shouldn't see a dime.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:09 am

West wrote:
TravelPat1 wrote:Ailes apparently got a $40 million dollar buyout when he was asked to leave due to allegations against him - so I would not be at all surprised to hear of some sort of buyout of O'Reilly.

Really? That's too bad.

As much as I liked Bill O as an anchor, if he was doing what he was accused of he shouldn't see a dime.

Yeah, that doesn't send the healthiest of messages, does it?

I wonder how much of a buyout I could get for sexual harassment accusations at the workplace?

Too bad I'm a freelancer working from home! :x
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 am

You mean I could get a job at Fox News, sexually harass women, and get $40 million?

Sign me up! :rockin:
Veteran

by ArgoT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:You mean I could get a job at Fox News, sexually harass women, and get $40 million?

The vast majority of this so called harassment nonsense in our PC world of looking at someone the wrong way or that person all of a sudden misinterpreting the wrong way with maybe $ in the eyes and going haywire, has got to stop.
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:13 am

ArgoT wrote:
canadianfootballfan wrote:You mean I could get a job at Fox News, sexually harass women, and get $40 million?

The vast majority of this so called harassment nonsense in our PC world of looking at someone the wrong way or that person all of a sudden misinterpreting the wrong way with maybe $ in the eyes and going haywire, has got to stop.

Ya, I guess old perv Bill calling a black female co-worker Hot Chocolate is a "misinterpretation". :lol: He wanted to grab her by the Afro-Sheen.
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 am

West wrote:

Really? That's too bad.

I couldnt stand Bill.. Hed ask his guest a question than answer it himself

Not the best place to work if you are a perv.. Theyre so many pretty ladies.
Last edited by ryan3434 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by Aerial » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 am

You and me both cff. :thup:
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by ArgoT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:
ArgoT wrote:

Ya, I guess old perv Bill calling a black female co-worker Hot Chocolate is a "misinterpretation". :lol: He wanted to grab her by the Afro-Sheen.

I don't believe that happened for one second.
It's all self serving no presumption of innocence.
All-Star

by ryan3434 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Im with yah argoT.. Just like those girls and the trump claims. Whatever happened to those?

Its a tough spot though. On one hand you want to mantain a innocent untill proven guilty but on the other youre basically calling the possible victims liars.
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by jamie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Ask west ...he refers to black women in those terms. Pigs in a pen.
All-Star

by West » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:57 pm

jamie wrote:Ask west ...he refers to black women in those terms. Pigs in a pen.

Oh slant you're crazy.
All-Star

by West » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 pm

ryan3434 wrote:
West wrote:

Really? That's too bad.

I couldnt stand Bill.. Hed ask his guest a question than answer it himself

Not the best place to work if you are a perv.. Theyre so many pretty ladies.

He's more centrist then I'd like but at least didn't have a problem calling out small Berries for his lack of testicular fortitude.
All-Star

PreviousNext