O'Reilly done at Fox

Re: O'Reilly done at Fox

by West » Thu May 18, 2017 8:24 am

Looks like Roger Ailes kicked the bucket. He built one of the great media empires from scratch. Sad to see his latter days were spent under attack by a former disgruntled employee.
All-Star

by letsgoticats » Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am

West wrote:Looks like Roger Ailes kicked the bucket. He built one of the great media empires from scratch. Sad to see his latter days were spent under attack by a former disgruntled employee.

I'm happy his latter days were spent being disgraced for the acts he committed against multiple women.
Starter

by RedandWhite » Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am

..well, I never met the guy so I won't judge him, but he did have an awesome quote that thoroughly describes the state of modern media today (and I'm paraphrasing here):

"in front of the media there are two men on a stage, one says he holds the secret to how total and everlasting peace can be achieved in the middle east, and the other man accidentally falls into the orchestra pit. You know which man is going to make the 6 o'clock news."
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff

by jamie » Fri May 19, 2017 11:48 am

Interesting to read that he was a hemophiliac. That's a tough condition. Most guys with it don't make it that long.

Male disease. Excessive bleeding often usually rendering joints useless and needing blood products on a regular basis throughout their life.

Back in the 80's many Hemophiliacs got infected by HIV as a result of "tainted" blood products used. Tainted meaning HIV infected. Huge lawsuits and some prison time for some high level folks.

Over 1000 Hemophiacs in Canada got infected. They settled for $30,000/year.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm

I wonder what he was like to work for? Staying with a theme about a President who could be a tad difficult to work with, so I hear.

Anyways, quite the character he was so it seems.
Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before - Elizabeth Edwards
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Sat May 20, 2017 4:16 am

[quote="RedandWhite] one says he holds the secret to how total and everlasting peace can be achieved in the middle east, and the other man accidentally falls into the orchestra pit. You know which man is going to make the 6 o'clock news."[/quote]

Jared Kushner IS going to broker middle east peace ... Trump said so!!!
I actually think he will stumble and fall into the pit. 8)
Veteran

Previous