State your political stance

State your political stance

by canadianfootballfan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Since there seems to be a lot of political debating on here, and a lot of misunderstanding on said debates, it makes sense for the regulars to post their political stances, so we can better gauge where each other is coming from.

The better we can understand each others point of view, the better we can absorb what everyone is saying.

My political stance:

I would call myself a moderate/centrist nationalist with a peppering of libertarian here and there. Not the racist and xenophobic type of nationalist, but rather the Switzerland kind. They are one of the most independent nations on earth, yet everyone's friend. Canada is everyone's friend, but not very independent; hence my nationalist stance. Our nation isn't totally corrupt yet, unlike the USA, so we need to save its independence while we still can. Bottom line... I'm tired of Canada being America's cuckold/beta. I have no personal hatred for American's or any other nationality, but just want my own nation to be strong, and not so heavily aligned with a nation of crooks.

My politics don't really go left or right, but rather with what is sensible for most - maybe not all. I personally find the whole left vs right thing a bunch of BS - because it often causes people to have political blindness out of loyalty, and also encourages less independent thought.
Veteran

Re: State your political stance

by Liquor Kitty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:56 am

Responsible anarchist.
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:25 am

Imma progressive liberal
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:39 am

ryan3434 wrote:Imma progressive liberal

Apparently you thought this was a joke thread. It isn't...
Veteran

by Liquor Kitty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:00 pm

I wasn't joking.
I really don't believe much in any of the political parties in Canada/U.S. ... and I do dislike some politicians more than others.

On another note: besides a few Americans that I consider friends (my summer neighbours are from Massachusetts and Maryland and there are a few more scattered in the U.S.), I really don't like Americans until they gain my friendship.
As a whole, I really don't like the U.S. at all. Canada RULES!
Veteran

by canadianfootballfan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:I wasn't joking.
I really don't believe much in any of the political parties in Canada/U.S. ... and I do dislike some politicians more than others.

On another note: besides a few Americans that I consider friends (my summer neighbours are from Massachusetts and Maryland and there are a few more scattered in the U.S.), I really don't like Americans until they gain my friendship.

I never thought you weren't serious. I know you take things seriously.

Ryan is a good guy, but is a bit too much of a goofball at times.
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:42 pm

canadianfootballfan wrote:

All the time..

I took the american politics test and it came back as right leaning libertarian.. So im assuming far right in Canada
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by West » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Libertarian. Though against open borders. Doesn't make much sense to have open borders. Other than that, I'm generally socially liberal and fiscally conservative. If two dudes want to copulate, have at er. Just don't make me pay for your crap.
All-Star

by PTBO Dave » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 pm

ryan3434 wrote:
canadianfootballfan wrote:

All the time..

I took the american politics test and it came back as right leaning libertarian.. So im assuming far right in Canada

Don't be so hard on yourself, Ryan. I wouldn't say you're too much of a goofball; I think most of the time you're just goofbally enough.

I think socially liberal and fiscally conservative describes my politics pretty well, though, like LK I have a strong distrust of anything government, especially when they smile and paint rainbows while stealing from taxpayers.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star