Is There Now Censorship On The CFL Forum ?

Re: Is There Now Censorship On The CFL Forum ?

by PTBO Dave » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Aerial wrote:If I directly call someone on here, in a post, a loon, is that going to far or is that acceptable depending on the rest of the thread and how it has played out? I have no idea to be honest. Ok, a loon isn't a swear word so maybe that's the line, personal descriptions of people are fine as long as it isn't considered profanity? :?

So this is ok "Red&White is a terd". ??? Hey just saying R&W, this is just an example. :wink:

It often comes down to the reports we moderators receive. If someone complains to us that you're inciting problematic responses by your use of the word "terd", then it might not be OK. If nobody complains, then "terd" (or even "turd") might fly.
What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide.
-Confucius

When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt. -Robert M. Pirsig
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Yikes, boys...

If you want FREE speech, start your own forum or build a soap box and spend your days on a street corner. If you choose to voice your opinions at cfl.ca, know that the people in charge may censor what you say. They are paying the bills so, like it or not, they have the final say.

Again, don't take it personally. If you get censored, be an adult, and let it go.
All-Star

by Preisst » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Not having double standards is very important. This board was rife with them back in 2010 which prompted me to stop posting. Since I started again a couple weeks ago it's drastically improved from the dictatorship it was then..... 8)
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Preisst wrote:Not having double standards is very important. This board was rife with them back in 2010 which prompted me to stop posting. Since I started again a couple weeks ago it's drastically improved from the dictatorship it was then..... 8)

The current mods do a fine job.
All-Star

by Aerial » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:20 pm

PTBO Dave wrote:
Aerial wrote:If I directly call someone on here, in a post, a loon, is that going to far or is that acceptable depending on the rest of the thread and how it has played out? I have no idea to be honest. Ok, a loon isn't a swear word so maybe that's the line, personal descriptions of people are fine as long as it isn't considered profanity? :?

So this is ok "Red&White is a terd". ??? Hey just saying R&W, this is just an example. :wink:

It often comes down to the reports we moderators receive. If someone complains to us that you're inciting problematic responses by your use of the word "terd", then it might not be OK. If nobody complains, then "terd" (or even "turd") might fly.

Ok PTBO, derogatory personal statements directly aimed at a poster could be considered fine. Got it. Okey dokey.
We should expect to receive from our healthcare system evidence-based basic best practices from our healthcare providers. But we should demand much more in our individual care - Anon
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Aerial wrote:
PTBO Dave wrote:

Ok PTBO, derogatory personal statements directly aimed at a poster could be considered fine. Got it. Okey dokey.

Oh Earl.... If you see something offensive, report it - and if someone reports you or me, we won't take it personally. A win-win.
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Overall, we have a pretty good forum - with good posters and mods.

Are there jack-asses, who don't fit in, and can't get along with anyone? Of course. There are always at least 1 or 2 in every forum.

Do we all need a little time away from cfl.ca, from time to time? Again, yes.

Still, it's pretty good, and, like I said, we have a good crew... so just enjoy it and don't take the occasional censor personally.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 pm

RedandWhite wrote:
Aerial wrote:So this is ok "Red&White is a terd". ??? Hey just saying R&W, this is just an example. :wink:

...it's not slander if it's true...

ROTFLMHO

Too funny R&W. Too funny. :lol:

Aerial...

Just a small point... "It's turd, not terd". :wink:

And quite honestly, given the way some folks spell I would have immediately thought you were referring to R&W as a "turrdull".... you know those reptiles that move so very slowly but somehow end up winning the race.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by bobo82 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:20 pm

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by beaglehound » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm reporting your post Bobo82. I find the following highly offensive :lol:

"15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99"
Last edited by beaglehound on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by FootbalYouBet » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:35 am

there is mods trying to do their best

then there is sully the topic Nazi who is just very trying
Live well and please God

FYB has left the building
Hall of Famer

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:52 am

FootbalYouBet wrote:there is mods trying to do their best

then there is sully the topic Nazi who is just very trying

:thdn:
All-Star

by Liquor Kitty » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:08 am

KevinRiley2 wrote:so just enjoy it and don't take the occasional censor personally.

Yep, exactly.
Some of my posts have been deleted, and others, the wording has been changed for a more "Little House On The Prairie" effect. I really don't care. I've got bigger fish to fry.
As for insults from other posters ... I take them as well as dish them out. Again, I really don't care.

I do notice that some raw sewage does bypass the filtration plant.
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:53 am

I was a little disturbed when they took religon off the table a while back (thanks Kev lol) now any new changes is meh.

Wait till they accept my application for moderator.. I will MAKE FORUMS GREAT AGAIN.

and FYB youre right he is a Nazi ;)
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
Hall of Famer

by bobo82 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:36 am

ryan3434 wrote:I was a little disturbed when they took religon off the table a while back (thanks Kev lol) now any new changes is meh.

Wait till they accept my application for moderator.. I will MAKE FORUMS GREAT AGAIN.

and FYB youre right he is a Nazi ;)

And here is your "Ryan for Moderator" campaign poster..... :D

And remember everyone who to vote for in the next "Moderator " Election !!! ......... :lol:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

PreviousNext