United Airlines overbooked debacle

Re: United Airlines overbooked debacle

by beaglehound » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:26 pm

greenandwhite wrote:
Liquor Kitty wrote:They should have dropped a few scorpions onto the people that they wanted off the plane. :|

It was not a good week to fly United was it? :oops:

http://www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/ ... light.html

United Airlines can't be that bad. Any airline that allows scorpions to hitch a free ride has to have something going for it. But I do wonder...

If 4 tarantulas wanted to come aboard would the scorpions have to de-plane?

What if it were 4 Calling Birds
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree?
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by KevinRiley2 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:44 pm

CNN just said their employees are now able to offer up to $10K to bump a customer. In a word... WOW! Hope that's cash and not a stupid voucher.
All-Star

by beaglehound » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:55 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:CNN just said their employees are now able to offer up to $10K to bump a customer. In a word... WOW! Hope that's cash and not a stupid voucher.

Hmmm... is the word "bump" being used as in the passenger giving up his seat for 10 grand or someone being offered 10 grand to "bump" the guy off as in...... :wink:
Last edited by beaglehound on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Looked for it but couldn't find it . So if somebody else linked it sorry .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8HdeHtOJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqu7-XJEXVk
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by oo DAWG oo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:05 pm

It doesn't matter WHERE you are or WHO you are or if your RIGHT or WRONG....
NOTHING good ever comes by disobeying and ignoring the commands of people in uniform.
All-Star

by Preisst » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:27 pm

KevinRiley2 wrote:CNN just said their employees are now able to offer up to $10K to bump a customer. In a word... WOW! Hope that's cash and not a stupid voucher.

That must be a huge line.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:40 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:It doesn't matter WHERE you are or WHO you are or if your RIGHT or WRONG....
NOTHING good ever comes by disobeying and ignoring the commands of people in uniform.

Very true.

Yessir nossir how high should i jump sir.

If you feel your rights jave been violated see a lawyer afterwards
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by TravelPat1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:39 pm

As somebody mentioned earlier - apparently there was another flight operating to Louisville 3 hours later. Why not put their employees on that one?

Oh FYI Beagle he did not delay the plane two hours. It got delayed 3 hours and most of that because all the passengers had to be deplaned so cleaners could come on and clean up the blood caused by the over the top violent actions of the officer who was rightly suspended. The other two officers after preliminary investigation have also now been put on leave.

But to Beagle the outrage is that a few United employess got booed at. So sad and terrible. Those poor people. :roll:
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:11 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:It doesn't matter WHERE you are or WHO you are or if your RIGHT or WRONG....

NOT upset when I say this to you but the USA was formed by defying RED uniforms something really good happened
because of it .

In this case the horny old doctor was a hero . There is a thing as an unlawful order by police and military .
I hope everyone would see that and pick the their battles accordingly . Thankful for cell phones and witnesses who are able to show a few sides of United's problem not the Police problem which IN this case something good has come out of it . Think of civil rights won , unions held together and the heart of democracy Voting rights by civilian disobedience and protest . The US of A was formed with defiance against uniforms .

and of COURSE DAWG you can't forget the Tea Party that started it all and why you enjoy where you live today because they fought those RED Uniforms .

This wasn't about airline Safety this was about economics and being bullied by an airline POLICY not a LAW .

They don't have the right to rough you up because of a policy that isn't enforceable when your sitting on the plane .

Thank YOU old horny doctor just in case I fly United some day maybe they will treat me like a paying customer .

Ben Shapiros 's thoughts :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr2S6coLyW0
There was a man who had nothing to hide so he didn't care about privacy and I knew another who had nothing to say so he didn't care about free speech .
Veteran

by oo DAWG oo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Im stating reality ..not right or wrong
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:54 pm

oo DAWG oo wrote:Im stating reality ..not right or wrong

It just sounds like you think he shouldn't have stayed seated . Just to let you know I probably would have had a discussion with the police first and if that didn't work out I would have left .

He maybe a little kooky but heck I respect the guy for this act not for his past. This is not race rights this is consumer rights and may not have the same effect but it is relevant to how we are treated as consumers of transportation .

Yep nothing changes until somebody takes a stand and your standing on ground that is the reality of defiance .

Here are two more examples of sitting down after they purchased their tickets and defying policy . They are remarkable women who had the moxie to do it .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

and our Canadian version https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola_Desmond
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:00 pm

ryan3434 wrote:

Very true.

Yes Ryan what was stopping United from seeing a lawyer after and going after the Doctor with a suit .

Instead they used the Police like bouncers at a strip bar
Veteran

by BigJoeM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:55 pm

CFL :
Perspective ( sold out stadium) you buy tickets to the BC Lions and they decide at the last minute to remove you from your seat at the game so somebody else can sit there because they were more important to the BC Lion's bottom line let's say for arguments sake a key sponsor .

Do you think the police would assist the BC Lions in removing you if they were told why? In this case the police investigate and determine if the removal is justified under Law not under BC LION POLICY found at the back of the ticket . Corporate Policies are NOT law they fall under civil contract and tort . Police do not enforce corporate policies . The remedy is found in Civil Court rooms . The police would advise the LIONs security if you touch him you will be arrested and charged with assault .
Veteran

by ryan3434 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:03 pm

BigJoeM wrote:
ryan3434 wrote:

Very true.

Yes Ryan what was stopping United from seeing a lawyer after and going after the Doctor with a suit .

Instead they used the Police like bouncers at a strip bar

Doesnt seem worth losing a few teeth over..
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement and physics!

Feminazis.. Not better women just crappy men.
All-Star

by BigJoeM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 pm

Or Millions of dollars and lost stock .
Veteran

PreviousNext